Reviews for Light Cone
q.thews chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
Beautiful, the lack of explicit sadness make it very vulcan.
Thank you for sharing.
AngelQueen chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
This is so poignant! I love Spock Prime's introspection, his reflections on the changes that Nero's incursion wrought on the Federation as a whole, and on the people he knew as his friends. You really spoke well in Spock's voice.

Great job! Thanks for sharing!
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
A great story. Very good.
niver chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
Sad, sad story.
nooziewoozie chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
This was haunting. I did think that the movie had kind of glossed over the shock that Spock Prime must have gone through after traveling back in time. You certainly did a wonderful job of capturing his wistful mourning for what he remembered, and his anticipation of what would change. The last lines, especially, were wonderful, as Spock looks for Vulcan's last reflected light.

Thank you for posting such an enjoyable read.
Kaat ShadowLover chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
I really enjoyed this, not just because it's nice to see SpockPrime in a reflective mood but it really takes into account all the changes the destruction of the Kelvin caused. I've been discussing it with people and it's really kind of sad to see how many don't really realize hwt ahappened. I mean, anyone who's only seen the movie and not the show (or shows, whatever), sure, they' won't get it. But a lot of Trek fans are simply complaining to me that "they got such-and-such wrong, it shouldn't be like that." They understand that certain people's histories were affected but they seem to think that Starfleet and the Federation would just keep going as always until Vulcan's destruction sent things on a new path. I can't seem to get it through their heads that the Kelvin's destruction would just keep changing things, like why the Enterprise got built so much later and looks different (one of the original design team was on the Kelvin perhaps?). This reality will just keep diverging further and further from the one we know and that's part of the adventure! Of course, I still nitpick too. :-) The Starfleet emblem shouldn't be what it is (though I saw an interesting little explanation for that one in someone's fic) and (my biggest pet peeve in the movie) they shouldn't have known those were Romulans! But heck, maybe Nero didn't really go back in time, maybe he sidestepped dimensions. Regardless, I'll be reccing your fic to everyone I've been having debates with.