Reviews for In the Night
rupin chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
I loved this!

Denny/Lanna is one of my favorite pairings, and I thought the exact same when I saw the children in IoH! Blonde plus blonde equals brunette?

I very much liked this Such a great story~
Mage the Observer chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
So much sadness in this contest's entries... hope the next challenge inspires something nicer...

Ah well. This was very touching, despite the poingancy; and I wish you luck in the contest.

I might note that you used the past tense of 'choose' incorrectly in one paragraph, though. But that's a minor nitpick, and an easy fix.
Kitsune no Tora chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
I really liked this a lot. I'm not familiar with the characters at all, but it didn't really matter, I could appreciate it all the same.

And it is quite odd that two blondes would have a brunette child; impossible, really. There has to have been some cheating going on in there, because brown hair is dominant over blonde, so ONE of them would have to have brown hair to have a brunnette child. ;
Aina Riddle chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Oh, wow. This is fantastic. I haven't read many Harvest Moon one-shots before this contest, but I really think I need to start... Oh, I like how you pointed out the beds being seperate because I found that so wierd in the game. Also, I understand what you mean about present tense; I prefer writing in it as well. Good luck in the contest and now I have another tough decision...

Take care

~Aina Riddle
Jean Cooper chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
I could have sworn I reviewed this when published -_-

anyways, you know I think you have a knack for adultery and the like, which I'm not sure is good or bad. I mean its fun to read but sucks for the characters being betrayed.

Nice take on why Lanna and Mark could possibly end up with a brown haired child.

Good luck
Kali-Chan-666 chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
Wow, that was really good! I loved it, hmm...I must say I agree with your last comment...teehee.
b4k4 ch4n chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
Only a bit tad suspicious. If both sides of families are blond hair dominant then yeah, super suspicious.

While reading this, I'm wondering why Lanna even married Mark. Maybe it's because Mark is wealthy, or maybe it's because she fell in love with Denny AFTER they got married. Who know, but I feel so bad for Mark D:

I wish Mark will find out. He doesn't deserve this.

This is really one big secret that would cause a huge mess if anyone found out o.O;;

I love how you wrote this. I haven't read a present tense story in awhile. You did really well!

The ending makes me think that Lanna is really selfish. Denny wants her to stay with him and Mark doesn't even know she's having an affair. And what does Lanna do? Play them both. She gets whatever she wants out of both of them *scowls*

Good luck in the contest!
farmermum chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
Once again a really beautiful story. I don't know these characters well but that doesn't matter, in fact they could fit more than one combination. I think this will be hard to beat. Good luck.
Tozz chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
This is freaking awesome DX Breathtaking. It's just so...intense.

And it's becoming increasingly IMPOSSIBLE to decide who to vote for in the contest _;; good luck with it! :D
Miss Rouge Apple chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
Fabuloso! I thought about that too; the children from IoH. Weird, huh? Anyways, this was a great fanfiction. I loved how you wrote it, dispite your feelings about it, kay? Keep it up!
Smash Genesis chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
Interesting story; well told, and we really got into Lanna's mind. This BEGS for a second chapter - if Lanna likes Denny so much, why did she marry Mark? Why does Lanna have no regrets about cheating on her husband?

If you do decide to continue this, let us into Denny's head, mkay?

Also, about the brunette child thing - it is possible for two blondes to have a brunette child, as long as one of the parents has a recessive gene for brown hair. It is highly unlikely, but still possible.