Reviews for The Last Green Leaf
Ne'ith5 chapter 4 . 5/10/2011
Out of death came light life and beauty! And the tress still remember. Beautiful your writing is so lyrical like a poem.
Vanilla Topping chapter 4 . 10/17/2009
You gave this tree more character and development than many poorer authors give to even the main characters. Beautifully rendered and executed. Well done.
Emily chapter 4 . 10/7/2009
That was beautiful. Very nice. I loved it; it was wistful, mystical, and sweet- and also had its moments of funniness, which is something I always look for, unless it's very angsty.

Good job once again!
Fan81981 chapter 4 . 9/1/2009
I read this over very quickly as I was so engrossed so forgive me if I miss any nuances. I found this to be a most enjoyable short little story full of elven magic (which has rubbed off on Aragorn).

I loved the potryal of Legolas - it was spot on; a little otherwordly and not forced at all.

When I read the epilogue and saw the familiar names for a minutes I thought this was the past not the future. Did you choose Arathorn for its irony? Father to son to father?
invisigoth3 chapter 4 . 6/25/2009
So cool to be found many years later and put to use again.
Fireblade's song chapter 4 . 6/24/2009
Wow, this must be far in the future if it is old ruins. Legolas would have been extremely careful about the building of this lodge, and it would have been well kept by Aragorn and his son, at least. I have to say I really enjoyed this story, and enjoyed following it.

Zypher
Calenlass Greenleaf1 chapter 4 . 6/24/2009
Such a beautiful story. I missed this while browsing the ALEC's entries.

Cal
Silivren Tinu chapter 4 . 6/24/2009
I should have noticed that 'The End' was missing after the last chapter. ;-) That was a beautiful ending! I like the idea that Aragorn's descendants would find that place again one day. Finduilas picking up that acorn and the last sentece were perfect. :)
Mirach chapter 4 . 6/24/2009
Yes! This is what I was looking for! *contented sigh* Thank you very very much! I hoped that an acorn of the oak might survive, and a few hundred years later, a big oak will again grow in Dorombar. Eh, why do I have tears in my eyes?... I'm sorry if I was sometimes too excited about this story, reading it was a strong experience to me. I would add it to favourites, but I already did that after the first chapter )

I have one suggestion, but it's just that - a personal opinion. I think that it would be a very nice touch if Aragorn in the previous chapter would find the sapling of the oak, like he found the sapling of the White Tree. Hm, I wonder if the White Tree is still alive in that time, and how big it is. But there is no reason why it wouldn't be alive, is there? It must be a beautiful sight )
Anearin chapter 4 . 6/24/2009
I greatly enjoyed that story. And the epilogue was, in my opinion, very good :) I like the idea, different but I like it :)

Well done

Anea
invisigoth3 chapter 3 . 6/22/2009
Of course what a great idea! I did not see this coming nice touch.
Mirach chapter 3 . 6/22/2009
So maybe I can write my story after all ) Very similar idea, but a bit different plot ;) But about this chapter: the tune of it is lighter then the previous two, but somehow I miss the depth that you achieved in them here. Maybe I imagined Aragorn more thankful to the tree (the Wood Elf could have some influence on him, couldn't he? )Or maybe I just use to project my own love to trees into Aragorn (not into Legolas - I know that it's strange, but for him it's something natural while for Aragorn it would be special).

Ah, I fear I'm not objective, I'm influenced by the story that I have in mind, and secondly, I didn't read your last chapter yet... I'm really sorry for that. Still I love the story and the way how the oak countinues to have purpose in its death as it had in life. Dorombar is a very nice name, and I love Legolas' line: "The oak loved this wood, Estel. It wanted only to be alive and to give shelter to those in need."

I'll try to send you a photo of a beautiful oak that I saw to the email adress from OAA (I hope that you get it), as my thanks for this story. I can't express how glad I am that you have written it.
Silivren Tinu chapter 3 . 6/22/2009
That was a perfect ending! :) I think the oak would have approved of Legolas' plans and that way, it will not be forgotten for a long time to come. I loved the moment when Aragorn thought Legolas expected him to use that hole in the tree as a retreat! *g* I think knowing Aragorn safe in that hunting lodge instead of roaming the wilds alone somewhere from now on will do a lot for both Legolas and Eldarion's peace of mind. I enjoyed this story very much, NiRi!
Fireblade's song chapter 2 . 6/20/2009
Only you could make me feel bad about a tree dying... Like always you have me desperate for the next chapter.

Now if only I could send you a PM that actually made it through the system...

Zypher
invisigoth3 chapter 2 . 6/20/2009
Nice chpater. The tree gave its last moments in life to help another.