Reviews for Descartes' Error
itxprincessxlala chapter 72 . 10/23
I came across your story and I loved it so much. Descartes' Error is probably my all time favorite Spock/Uhura origins story. This was absolutely fabulous! You did an incredible job and there were so many emotions throughout all 72 chapters at once. I'm going to continue reading with The Vulcan now! Once again, amazing!
Melira chapter 10 . 9/29
Again, it is amazing how much depth you give to this FanFic. Uhura's observations on the Vulcan display of emotion is awesome!
Melira chapter 4 . 9/29
That science stuff was... extraordinary. Gosh, I didn't even understand half of it (probably because I'm not a native speaker). No idea how you were able to think of it. My respect!

But what I originally wanted to say: Spock's thoughts about humans are amazingly written. You did a great job in observing people and putting the results in words!

Looking forward to every upcoming chapter!
Shtare chapter 72 . 9/28
Clever, thoughtful, incredibly detailed but also extremely quick and readable. You go all over the place but never lose the plot, and your background characters are round and fat with personality. Your canon characterization is vibrant and authentic and awesome.

Your portrayal of Vulcan culture is informed and clearly thoroughly researched. If you took many creative liberties they blending seamlessly with my understanding of Vulcans. The narrative trick of starting a chapter with relevant dialogue and then building up the context as you go took getting used too, and I'm still not sure if I like it but for Spock's character I think is has a particular appeal.

The Xelium "snub" was also a vicious stroke of brilliance, and Pike's epilogue chapter nearly had me faint with narrative fulfillment.

A super entertaining read that had me near devouring my phone and outright screaming when it took too long to load. I'll be back for sure.
Dr. Vision chapter 72 . 9/28
This fic got me hooked till the end. Thank for making this!
Alysiejellybean2283 chapter 71 . 9/21
Yes! I agree with Spock. When we think of him, we always think of the Vulcan side of him, because that's how he acts since he was raised on Vulcan. But imagine if he was raised on Earth? Would he be regarded more as a human?
Alysiejellybean2283 chapter 59 . 9/20
This story is truly a great fanfiction! The characters are exactly as I would imagine them to be, and you still kept to their true selves even when writing about them in a fanfiction!
licha.s chapter 65 . 9/19
oh i love Tyback.. he is one of the best things of your stories for me... if you ever update i hope you have bits of him around
licha.s chapter 70 . 9/19
this is an amazing story, i hadn't read it in forever.. i like most of your drabbles and other stories in this universe too.. it feels really complete which is something i really appreciate...
I loved this! I wish I could pay you for all your hard work. I loved your version of Spock. Thank you.
utleighton7 chapter 72 . 8/19
I first read your Sarek/Amanda origin story and absolutely loved it. I have just finished this one and tried to drag out reading it for as long as I could because I know that I will not find another story this great for a long long time. You are an excellent writer. I know it's been a while since you wrote these but I happily discovered them after watching star trek beyond, motivated by the fact that beyond didn't have enough spuhura in it for me, and I am so glad that I found them. Thank you again.
Jessica Leighton chapter 7 . 8/17
You are my favorite spuhura writer. Thank you for sharing this story with the world :-)
Hikari chapter 72 . 8/7
I really enjoyed this story. Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful, believable back story.
Danigirl84 chapter 38 . 8/4
As someone who spent almost every summer of her childhood in the California Redwoods of Santa Cruz I loved this chapter. It was great for a lot of reasons but I loved it when Spock was observing the banana slug because all I could think was "huh, that sounds like a banana slug." The redwoods are truly an amazing thing to behold though. They have an amazing ability to grow to magnificent heights because of their interconnected root system. On its own a redwood would never be strong enough to support its own weight. It's only through its shared roots with others around it that it can become something greater. Something I'm sure a Vulcan would appreciate. :-P also I love the exploration of the differences between "vulcan-style" and "human-style" lovemaking. It's interesting that it's something new for both of them that they are getting to experience and explore together. And be allowing himself these new experiences and allowing Uhura to influence him you can see how he is starting to grow as a person (half-Vulcan?). He had already begun to change as you could see in the previous chapters but it'll be interesting to see what else he will be willing to do and try after his experience in Muir woods.
Eponine G chapter 1 . 8/3
Well I loved it the first time...and the second and the third! After seeing the new trek film I thought id enjoy it the fourth time! Just wanted to stay still stands the test of time and is such an amazingly detailed peice of work , love it
2,462 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »