Reviews for Descartes' Error
faerieMagic07 chapter 36 . 8/17
Hi StartrekFanWriter, I am new to sci-fi and therefore still unable to judge the quality of your work. From my perspective, it is certainly very good, unique and very scientific. You've captured the feelings of an inter-species relationship well.
whirlingskirts chapter 53 . 8/5
I went looking for "And the Rest is Rust and Stardust" but it seems to have been removed. Does anyone know who wrote it?
whirlingskirts chapter 43 . 8/5
"only girl he let himself love"

hmmm! a life of deprivation AND riches?
whirlingskirts chapter 10 . 8/4
Nyota's analysis of touch telepaths vs. empathics need to fully communicate is thought provoking. If there's no need to guess how friends and companions feel, what is verbal communication used for?
whirlingskirts chapter 7 . 8/4
"It made him wonder if Vulcans and Humans arranged their kitchens in similar fashions due to some convergent evolution."

Hahaha! I was guided back here from "Logical" to read Sleep, Breakdown and Absolution. I remembered I enjoyed this story but I'd forgotten many of nuances. Sometimes when I'm reading a long story, I'm so busy trying to find out what's going to happen next that I don't savor. I'm gonna have to read "Descartes Error" again.
Pippa chapter 72 . 6/20
I am now going through all of your stories. This was just... amazing. Usually when I read Spock/Uhura fanfics it is for the romance, but this had such an amazing plot with the whole Roman transmission. I was really hooked. And HOW do you come up with such amazing OC's? First Jabari, then Tyback? Love, love, love your work.
Cacaudreamgirl chapter 1 . 4/28
Oh my...
Ommallaredpanda chapter 7 . 2/15
Glad to see someone else knows that Spock is NOT a good guy. He will do anything to get what he believes is right (which is usually an alive Jim, or something logical).
AliceTree chapter 18 . 12/27/2017
Nice paper establishing Nyota's intellect, language, and litcrit abilities alongside the Romulan subspace transmissions puzzle. Like that this is based around a / the Vulcan epic, while Notesfromaclassroom's stories feature ancient Vulcan lyric (perhaps one could say that the third genre, the "drama," is in each fanfic chapter). Thematically, reminded me of a project a friend did back in the day on East vs West German reinterpretations of mythic figures.
AliceTree chapter 3 . 12/27/2017
Glad this was not lost. This chapter, the Romulan visitor thread, and the entire novella were engrossing. Many thanks for taking the time to write it up (and retrieve it).
AliceTree chapter 72 . 12/27/2017
Love this story and its permutations on translation and interpreting, my line of work. I read the whole lot two or three years ago, and this one, Descartes Error, has really stayed with me. Thank you for writing it for free (will check out your original fiction).
Anna chapter 60 . 12/11/2017
Very interesting!
Thank you!
Cathy Kley chapter 8 . 10/24/2017
Okay, wow. Men falling in love faster and harder than women do. That's exactly my experience too. I had no idea that it's been recognized by smart people. Wow. Just, wow. Suddenly things make so much more sense.

Thank goodness for the Y or I seriously doubt I'd still be alive.
Trista 3 chapter 36 . 10/9/2017
I love when Spock have sex and have children! I dislike stories that really do not go into their sexual relationship but, the sex was wild! I approve!
Trista 3 chapter 35 . 10/9/2017
Personally I would love Spock to bite me! That would be hot!
2,536 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »