Reviews for Happily Ever After
The Quote Bandit chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
Bonding over the Impala? Really?
:D
(And AHNATNJABGFMNATGBFATGLNAMT:ALNAMB:GTALKMBAT:LATMN:TKLMT:MAHILIKETHISALOTTNAGTATGAHA)
TL22 chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
I never tire of reading your Dean stories; they are so good and this is no exception. The following line of yours really summed up the Rory / Dean relationship

"He'd spent so much time waiting for her. Waiting for her to come back from Europe, waiting for her to love him, waiting for her to pick him, waiting for her to open up her life and her plans and make room for him."

I guess you could say that summed up their relationship.

The thing I always admired about Dean was he was the one to walk away from the relationship. That is not the action of an insecure individual

Excellent story
swim-with-sharks chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
I read and favorited this story a while ago, but I never reviewed. Let me make up for it.

Maybe today seems like a strange day to be reading fanfiction- the last day of the year, when I should be getting ready for the family dinner and welcoming 2011. And I will. But I've been feeling down lately- moody, depressed and kind of paralyzed. And that's definitely not the way I want to face the new year, so when I got up this morning I decided to, let's say, pop my own hood and try to put the pieces back together. I needed something to push me in the right direction, but I couldn't quite figure out what.

Then I remembered this story.

It's exactly what I needed to read today. It made me tear up and smile and tear up some more. It gave me the strength I needed to start again.

Like I said, I read and loved this oneshot before. But today... today it hit me like a load of bricks. So thank you.
Kitkat chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
OMG, this story was so beautiful. At the beginning I was so sad for Dean but then... you gave him a end, he deserved. Great!

Now, I'll check out your other stories. I'm glad that I found another Dean-Fan.
Aurorajaye chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
Thanks for giving Dean an interesting future of his own. I think I'm one of the few people who likes that the show didn't end by pairing Rory up with some guy, so I appreciate that you gave Dean an ending that didn't just pair him with some girl.
Christine Writer chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
ahmazing story!
Potterworm chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
Watching the show, Dean had to be one of the most digs-himself-deeper characters ever. Every season I just disliked him more. In fact, the only time I really liked him was season one. That being said, this story was flippin' fantastic. I actually loved it; the writing was perfect and you made me want to like Dean.
Hawk50 chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
Sigh. Here I go again.

Faye, you just *get it.* I haven't even finished this yet, but you just get it. I really wanted to slap old Mrs. Carrington silly.

No one has ever commented on just how strong Dean must have been to stay in Stars Hollow, putting up with all the gossip and cruelty. And he never fought back, never got mean or angry - at least not where we could see it. It must have hurt him herribly.

I mentioned in an earlier comment how all the bad things in their relationship just slid like water off a duck's back for Rory; she was the town golden girl and, therefore, could do no wrong.

Thanks for putting things in perspective. I love your writing.
Madebyme chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
I don't often stray away from SN fanfiction but occasionally I do and I knew that I was in for a treat when I spotted this!

If there was ever a character in fiction that could use a little redemption, I can't think of anyone better than Dean Forrester! It really gets to me that they just wrote him out of the show without any mention of what he was doing with his life after Rory - they did with Jess, so why not Dean? So stories like this one are always welcome to my greedy eyes.

You're an expert when it comes to introspection and this was no exception. The beginning was pretty heavy but rightly so, it would seem that at that point all the cards were stacked against poor Dean. I really enjoyed the section with his Dad and the nod to Supernatural with the 67 Impala - lovely touch! The glimmer of hope we see at end was just right and it ties nicely into the other fics from your Redemptive!Dean verse.

Bravo, great stuff! I'll keep my eyes peeled for the next 'massive' Dean fic, I'm intrigued already! Take care, Abbi.x
lelann37 chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
oh wow, great story! so sad at the beginning, but wonderful ending. thanks!
sendintheclowns chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
I love how Dean, supposedly not the brightest of Rory's boyfriends, is well versed in literature. In my mind he was always the best match for the girl genius because he supported her. And he was smart in his own way.

You have no idea how thrilled I am that you're writing this redemptive 'verse. I can't think of a character more deserving of redemption than poor cute!Dean.
DaiHinMin chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
Hi, great story. dean's my fav. character. I liked the bit about the '67 impala. Is there going to be anymore of dean stories like this?

-thanks for a great story :)
ROBINV chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
This was just marvelous! I love that you wrote a story for Dean Forrester. His tale deserves to be told. No one does introspection as well as you do, and this is classic. Will this be an ongoing story, or just a one-shot?

I wish Dean all happiness, I really do. He deserves it!

Love, Robin
Sidura chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
This was brilliant, the way you got into Dean's head and he slowly started putting himself together again without anyone's help.

There were so many parts I liked such as the kind word from his dad and so many parts I would like to scream at such as his mother basically telling him to leave and Taylor expecting him to have nothing to move on to when he finally quit as everyone had written him off completely.

Can't wait for your next redemptive Dean story - no matter how long it is (even five or six words will do)
Periphrasm chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
I've always loved and hurt for Dean in Gilmore Girls. I got so angry when they butchered his life... Gah. But you did a great job with him (especially with characterization), and I love the new chance you gave him. I was always baffled by how Rory could choose Jess (earlier version) or Logan (any version) over DEAN. Still don't get it.

You Dean redemption sounds really interesting, so I'm looking forward to reading more. This was a great story, fun to read, and really satisfying for me as a Dean Forrester fan.

By the way, good for Dean not wanting to be like Heathcliff - I know everyone says he and Catherine were so romantic, but the couple were lunatics. Absolutely off their rockers kookoo labanza. Fantastic book, though.

Great story.