Reviews for Standing Still
Darlin chapter 2 . 7/30/2009
I love, love this one line, "her lips paint a pale red blossom on his shoulder and his lips curve against her hair" and this too, "His eyes flicker; her cheeks blossom'" followed with "And so flicker turns to flare; blossom turns to burn" ah, so very, very nice. A short but satisfying story.

I haven't read past the issue where she got her powers back but I am very curious where Marvel is going with that. Poor Rogue deserves a chance with Remy, they both deserve a little happiness. And here I am talking about them as if they're real and yet good writing like this brings them so vividly to life. I always say that's what fan fiction is for and of course it is, we author's right the many wrongs of Marvel if I may be so bold to say because seldom do they come up with anything this sweet. Again, a very good job m'dear.
Darlin chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
I don't think I've ever read a Romy before, not that I don't like the couple, but I'm not into them like I am Ororo and Logan, just not my cup of tea, however when you gave me such a nice review I was curious to learn a little about you and if you had written any stories. I love reading bio's especially of anyone who reviews, you never know what good story you might find and even if they don't write they may have good stories in their favorites. Well even though I don't read Romy fics I did take a peek at your story and let me tell you after reading the first few sentences I was hooked.

Oh, your story hurt! Like a punch in the gut almost, sad and tragic tinged with a little hope but like a cloudy day, the sun peeking out for a brief glimpse and then never reappearing for the rest of the day, no chance of sunshine, we're disappointed. Not in a bad way at all however. This was a very well written chapter capturing these two perfectly. I enjoyed this immensely. Of course I knew it would be good from the first lines as I said and I’m so glad I gave your Romy a chance. I like the couple, believe actually that they do belong together but it’s nice to see the ups and downs portrayed here, something I think many Romy fans forget. You did an excellent job!
SassC HiJinx chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
Wow, talk about setting the mood. Despite its melancholy feel, this story is fabulous.

It's lines like this:

"Stretches out his long, lean legs until his feet straddle hers beneath the table, almost touching, always almost touching but never quite getting there"

and this:

"This moment. The one that can't possibly last, where he's just a man and she's just a woman and they're just in love. No powers, no complications"

that really pull the reader into their relationship (or lack thereof). They're both trying to remain aloof even as they're subconsciously calling out to the other. It's really beautiful.

I hope you have other stories in mind. You have this hauntingly beautiful prose that I love to see more of. :)
Harligh Quinn chapter 2 . 7/9/2009
OMG Waho! I got a shout out from myriadne! LOL

I know I am totally making an ass of myself but I feel totally pumped that you were inspired enough to write this!

This is cute! Totally did not disappoint (well except that this is the last chap.) ;D

My favorite line was: "And so they dance. Not around issues, not along limits, but just because they're in love, just because..."

The line was pure poetry and really set the mood to the moment. I also like the way it ended with a new beginning; I could just imagine where they would go from here.

I totally can't wait for your next fic whatever it is... I know it will be good. Hopefully with any luck it will be staring Remy and Rogue.
Bologna121 chapter 2 . 6/25/2009
excellent. Very well written and so cute. Loved it!
scribblemyname chapter 2 . 6/25/2009
I will quote someone's words that should be applied here:

It should be illegal to write this good!

OH MY GOODNESS, that was gorgeous! I'm in love. I'm in awe. I'll be reading this baby over and over. It's like poetry, it's like music, it's the sweetest character shot of the two in their one moment. Just a moment, yet it tells so much. I'm in love.
scribblemyname chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
I hate it. I love it. It gets under your skin. I wish they'd let go and as she puts "live." I'm shivering with pain and longing of my own now. This is good stuff.
AshmandaLC chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
oh wow. this was deep. im usually a happy ending type of girl, and now i have many different ideas running through my head that this triggered, but i still love how you pulled this off. this was just amazing. its like...with nothing said everything gets across still. very good. :)
Harligh Quinn chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
This is a great story with just the right amount of angst and UST. Please tell me that you won't just leave it like this... this story is screaming 'To Be Continued'... perhaps we'll see that new guy Rogue meets or glimpse Remy's side of things.