Reviews for Afterthought
Little Gem Magnolia chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
Aww, very cute. I love how playful they are at the end despite the seriousness of the raid on the castle and the spell.
kittyhawk09 chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
I liked the ending a lot.
Moon Prynces chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
That was so totally adorable. It was the way you made the characters, and watching Belle as she became horrified at her complacency. I liked the way she reacted, thinking it over and over in those few minutes and unable to look at anyone while feeling ashamed and guilty. She was just so realistic and not overly-cliche. I could feel her emotions so vividly, because you took the time to explain why she felt like crying and her frustration. Even I had a d'oh moment throughout this, feeling as foolish as her.

This is one of those things I never thought about either! Why didn't it occur to me that we never heard his name? Huh...all the servants just seemed so casual around him and the situation sometimes that I just didn't realize.

Anyway, the third paragraph where you describe the transformation of the castle itself, how all the things that made it scary and intimidating were suddenly back to being harmless and cheerful was a great way of putting things into perspective. It was like dark, ominous rainclouds clearing away to reveal a seemingly brighter-than-usual sun. I loved that damn paragraph! Seriously. The entire opening to the story just grabbed my attention.

And I absolutely loved the way you created the prince's character. It kind of tried to build off what happened throughout the movie, so he was kinder and gentler than the beginning of it. I especially loved his new teasing nature. He tried to make light of things because it all seems to have turned out okay, and after that whole ordeal there really can't be anything too big to fret over now, right? He was just so damned cute!

The ending was perfect. Letting the prince just reveal his name would be nice, but predictable. You took it to another level of cute! Like, it definitely fits in with the actual story that he would use her love of reading to lighten the situation. And a race? Ah, too adorable. So was that line of "trying his hardest" to not die and her just-barely-satisfied agreement.

This was a great story! I loved the characters, the dialogue, the way you described things... I loved the writing in general. Thanks for the read!

xoxo
Spunkalovely chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
Aww, this is cute (:
yrl chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
CUTE! lol

I really like this, specially "I'll race you" that was the best part :D
Elizabeth.June chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
this was so sweet! great story!
frivoulous11 chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
AWWWWW! Why are your stoies so beautifully fluffy. I'm smiling so much I swear I'll be sore by tomorrow.
mydirt09 chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Lighthearted yet I see the seriousness of the problem of assuming his name
Zoe Alice Latimer chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
Sheer brilliance. Y'know, it never occurred to me that she hadn't asked his name? Not until I read Beauty by Robin McKinley, anyway. This is the perfect ending. I like that you didn't spoil his name for us. :)
suns and stars chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
nice one cute
fanficlover555 chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
love this so cute
Veiled Sapphire chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
"I'll race you"?

Okay, I suddenly like his human form paired with Belle! I dunno, I've just always thought that she accepted his transformation too easily, so I was never a huge fan. But your ending seems more reasonable.
Tek Sonay chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
Oh, that was soooo cute! , sigh I am filled with happy thoughts and contentment. Thank you for writing this!