Reviews for Glass Fortress
Guest chapter 35 . 7/15/2014
It lives! I am so glad, I thought I would never hear of you again. Great chapter as always!
kitkit11183 chapter 35 . 5/24/2014
I was really surprised when I saw that you had updated this story and I'm so so glad you didn't abandon it. I'm definitely going to have to reread it a few times because it is the epic sort of story that deserves that sort of rereading. I can't wait to see how you end this! Thank you so much for continuing to write.
AngelofMusic13 chapter 35 . 5/13/2014
I'm so happy to see an update. I even reread the story a couple of months ago to remember what exactly was going on :)
A Tale Of Brothers chapter 35 . 5/13/2014
Yo I don't believe I've ever let a review on this, have I? Must've been because it was already on hiatus back then - but damn, it's good to know you're back and kicking! I hope everything's been alright.
Geez I remember discpvering this fic almost a year ago and even printed some of the chapters so I could take them with me to read on the bus. I've loved every single part of it, and even if this chapter had me start with an empty head about previous plotlines things got into place pretty quickly. Poor, poor Tor and poor babies altogether. I'm glad Mira has finally found her end but she did so in a well-handled manner. Also, the last few scenes had me hype a lot. I'm just as fevered about this ship as ever and you made me really happy reading this fluff both Flynn and Yuri more than deserved. Sweet fluff is always good. Yes, very.
Too bad there are only two chapters left right when I picked up the on-going pace but I'm eagerly looking forward to them all the same! :)
Neokeyuri chapter 35 . 5/13/2014
oh my god! you 're back and the story too! that makes me so happy I absolutly love this fanfiction!
Apfel Seine chapter 35 . 5/13/2014
This is like every fanfic reader's dream come true. One of they're favorite stories gets updated after what they had begun to think was a permanent hiatus. You just made my day :)

I really enjoyed this chapter, and its nice to see all the ends gradually tying themselves up. Thanks so much for creating such a great story. I can hardly express how nice it is to see it revived.
RyokoYuy chapter 35 . 5/13/2014
I love this story, thank you for continuing. I can't wait to see how it ends. You're doing a lovely job 3
Icephoinex chapter 34 . 8/29/2013
Really enjoying this story, it's so well written and I love the characters. Hope you finish this when your feeling better, I understand that sometimes that might take a while.
Undergloom chapter 34 . 3/29/2013
!
Wow!
I just read the whole stray up to this point. Very awesome!
I've been playing Vesperia recently, and it is incredibly easy to read your dialogue in the character's voices. This is an absolutely amazing fanfic, and I feel sad that this the first Vesperia fanfiction I've read and that all others after this are just going to pale in comparison. Keep up the good work! :)

-Leon
terracannon876 chapter 34 . 2/17/2013
Hey! Long time no review (or reread...). I actually started playing Tales of Vesperia fairly recently and now I'm at Tarqaron, so ... hey, I know the places and the background events now! Yay! XD

Rereading, I still like the flow of your writing. It's good construction. The only thing I might comment on otherwise might be the romance, which is slow (which is good), but is also deliberate at times. I'm nitpicking, though. I'm used to reading/writing completely gen fics, so of course they'd be completely devoid of anything romantic whatsoever.

After playing the game, though, I can see that Flynn x Yuri (or whatever order it's in) is ... not really a product of the imagination. In fact, just a little push and ... it'd probably be canon XD
silkofscarlet chapter 34 . 9/4/2012
I've never left a review on this site before, but I feel I need to for this story. I absolutely adore your writing. I've read and reread every chapter at least three times, which seems excessive, I know, but I just can't help but come back to this story over and over again.

I admit that I was initially drawn to it for the pairing (which, I may add, is portrayed wonderfully), but it was the storyline that got me hooked and kept me there all the way through. I think you've managed to strike the perfect tone, too, in that there's a balance between the drama/suspense and lighthearted, humourous scenes that just feels right for the canon.

Also, I love to see well crafted original characters in fic, partly because it's so rare to see them actually done well (I think "mary sue" backlash makes a lot of writers apprehensive about including OCs, so they just avoid them entirely, which can make the canon cast feel rather isolated within the setting, or reduce their roles and development to the bare minimum), but the characters you've introduced here fit so naturally into the story and at the same time are developed enough that they always feel like people, rather than plot devices. I'm particularly fascinated by Tor in the more recent chapters. I'm not sure even he knows where his allegiances lie at the moment and his moral conflict and the feeling that he's in over his head are an interesting thematic addition to this 'verse (if that even makes sense. Sorry, I'm rambling a bit here). He seems like a great supporting character to post-canon Yuri and Flynn in that regard, and I'm really interested to see how his character arc plays out.

I could probably go on and on with my thoughts on how brilliant this story is (I think I might try to draw something from it at some point, unless that's weird coming from a stranger?) but I'll leave it there. I just wanted to come in and show my appreciation, as this is a genuinely fine piece of work and probably one of if not the best fics I've read in a long time.

I eagerly await future chapters, whenever they may come. (I mean that sincerely. Obviously real life takes hage priority over fic writing, and I wish you all the best.)
XIII-Jinx-XIII chapter 25 . 8/1/2012
Loving this story but I have to ask, was there anything that inspired the story of the two brothers? It sounds really familiar to my sister and I.
Retto chapter 34 . 7/19/2012
You are an angel who has been sent from heaven to bestow upon on this Flurri goodness. Listen to your calling and be blessed.

Peace be with you.
Guest chapter 34 . 7/2/2012
I’m going to have to review this as a guest because I haven’t touched my fanfic account in like 8 years lol. Long story short – you are my idol. Some things I want to praise you for:

Your uncanny ability to gauge the character’s personalities from the game, and parlay them so accurately into the situations you have written for this story. Your intuition as to how these characters behave is so solid – right down to the body language!

The analytical approach you took when depicting the climate and environment of Terca Lumireis. I love how you took the environment shown in the game, and fleshed it out for your readers. The imagery you produced does a really effective job in positioning the setting.

The dramatic build-up you use as a writer. I love your use of vocabulary…the way you string words together to describe facial expressions and vocal tone. The words you use for embellishment are impactful. You play the English language so well.

The characters you introduced to the story. I love them. Mira is such an evil cow, and yet fascinating to read. And of course the relationship you depicted with Flynn and Yuri is the best I’ve ever read. It’s just such a good balance between desire and reality. Very believable…and adorable!

Thank you so much for investing your time and energy into writing this fic. I want you to know how much I appreciate it. I have been obsessed with it (actually I sneak in a few chapters at the office if I have time…don’t tell my boss).

I look forward to the conclusion. I’ve never read anything like this on and I never expected to. Xo

Daniel.
Invoka chapter 34 . 5/21/2012
As someone who has recently beaten the game, I'm so happy to see an update! This was a wonderful chapter and I happily await the next. ;w; Your writing is so awesome