Reviews for Wild by Skye
anon chapter 20 . 9/7/2009
This was a wonderful story. I love the way you made Dean whole with the wolf in a way he's never been, Sammy so protective, and John not an ass. I actually always thought John was fucked up but doing the best he could and I think you just nailed him in this last chapter. Skye did work partially because she was cool but honestly too because she was dead and like Jess gave Dean a great love in his life but wasn't around presently to interfere with the brotherly bonding. And of course we want to see more, duh! Kinda in love with wolf!Dean here.
jacknjill270 chapter 20 . 9/7/2009
I think this has become one of my favorite 'verses. I loved the idea of Dean as a wolf, and that he not only accepted it but loved it and felt that it made him who he was. Both Sam and John's reactions were awesome and completely in character - Sam will always be Dean's brother before anything else, and John will always be a hunter before anything else. I would love to see more of the Skyeverse.

Also...you're totally right about this fandom being hard on OFCs, particularly because so many of them are poorly disguised self-insertions or Mary Sues. But Skye seemed very believable and well-rounded, and I think a prequel set while she was still alive and Dean was adjusting with becoming a lycanthrope would be amazing.
Marz1 chapter 20 . 9/5/2009
good story, but i think it could use a better title. Skye is hardly in it at all, it seems more about wolfy dean than about wolfy girl. over all good characterization. your OCF didn't get much development, so its hard to tell if she is likable or not. It might've had more action. The only monster on camera was the windego. When will wolfy dean get to bite a vampire, or a shape shifter? overall pretty good.
East chapter 20 . 8/30/2009
I just finished reading your story in one sitting and I have to admit to being very impressed. Skye was perhaps one of the only female characters of SPN fanfiction or from the show that I could stand, let alone love as much as I loved the wolf girl! Her nature seems to mesh perfectly with Dean and the complex, adorable person he is. The relationship between them was believable and passionate. I approve. LOL. The idea of one of the Winchester boys becoming something that they may hunt is always a fun plot but it requires skills that you demonstrate flawlessly. This one was especially entertaining. Sam and Dean's relationship was presented perfectly. Those two require a writer who can balance between the utter devotion the brothers share for one another and maintaining the realism that "hey, these are two warrior-hunters trained from childhood by their gung-ho ex-Marine papa to battle the forces of evil." You never made them seem sappy or weak. kudos. As for your portrayal of John, I liked it. Having never been too fond of the guy myself, he was the perfect antagonist of the story. I would love to see a sequel to this. Keep the stories coming! Forever a devoted reader and fan, East.
SupernaturalGal6 chapter 20 . 8/27/2009
I liked Skye. I'm ashamed to say that a big bonus about her was that she was past tense. For me, the whole Supernatural story line just doesn't have room for romance. But if you wrote a sequel, I'll definatly read.
JaneConstantine chapter 20 . 8/26/2009
I can't believe it's the end of the story :(...good job...I liked Skye and I don't really see any reason to not like her!
Crayola Crayon chapter 20 . 8/25/2009
Well, I've just gotta say that I loved this story. I love the Winchester family dynamic, especially between the brothers, but also with John. The brothers are just so perfectly close, which was awesome to read since, as much as I LOVED Too End Your Suffering and little!Sam, we didn't get any Dean/adult!Sam dynamic, and I love that too. I just love your stories and can't wait to read more.

Also, I did like Skye. Part of that might be that she was only in the background, and not stealing the spotlight from the boys. Also, the points where we heard about or saw her she seemed pretty cool and probably someone that Dean would love... we all know that Dean wants a family, after all.

All in all, I loved the story and I can't wait until you write more!
Stoneage Woman chapter 20 . 8/25/2009
This was really great. I loved your Sam in this story...loved how HE became the protector. Don't get to see enough of that on the show. Well done. And I would like to see more of this verse, in answer to your question...
Alutek chapter 20 . 8/25/2009
I liked Skye... maybe because there was not too much of her in your story or maybe because she was so different... Anyway, the story is great and I'd love to have some more of it... I can see a whole ocean of possibilities here, so many stories! Please, don't give up the wolf! Dean and Sam fought too hard for it to lose it now :) love!
gambitmoon chapter 20 . 8/25/2009
great fic i was a bit dubious at first but ypuve done it really well! id definatly be interested in reading morewolf dean maybe the back story? but definatly more of wolf dean maybe gordon could get involved we know he loves everything supernatural just an idea (wink) added to faves x
anymouse chapter 20 . 8/24/2009
More please! I really like this storyline and would love to read more.
Tangled in the Supernatural chapter 20 . 8/24/2009
LOL, Dean's gonna start wagging his tail like a puppy! Loved this chapter, I sure hope John does come around.
marinawings chapter 20 . 8/24/2009
first i'll answer your questions. no, i don't hate skye. i actually kinda like her. i know how you feel about having an OC. i worked on a supernatural story with a female OC, then decided not to publish it, 'cause i didn't think i could stand the heat. you are definitely brave, lol. so in answer to your second question... i'd like to read more in the skyeverse! i LOVE the skyeverse. i don't get author alerts (which is so screwed up), so if you don't mind, PM me and let me know when you decide to post another story. i will most definitely read.

'cause this story rocks! i love it! the ending is great, so bittersweet and so very winchester. i like how it ends with the promise of hope, of better things to come. and i love how the brothers really bonded in this story. brotherly bonding rocks! this is definitely one of my favorite supernatural fanfics ever. it has everything i look for in a good story-action, brother-ness, angst, drama, supernatural-ness, suspense, the family dynamic, intensity, with even some hints of romance, with dean and skye. m... dean... ;) anyways, lovely story. i'd love to read more from you!
GotTheShining chapter 19 . 8/24/2009
There were two FANTASTIC lines in this chapter!

Dean: "Been nice knowing you dude".

Sam to John: “I expected more from you, but then, that was always my problem, wasn’t it?

The first one had me breaking out in laughter amid all the angst which was a big acomplishment. The second just summed up "everything" perfectly.
bhoney chapter 20 . 8/24/2009
I enjoyed this story a lot. I liked the twist you took on werewolf lore, and I LOVED how protective Sam was of Dean once he found out the truth. Also, I liked seeing Dean so free and happy. I'm glad that Sam stopped the "remedy" from killing the wolf, and told John that Dean enjoyed being the wolf. I'm also really glad John came around, a little. Very clever remedy, by the way, it was really creative.

I'd have liked to see this go on a little longer-especially to see Dean run again after nearly losing the wolf, and I'd have loved to see John witness Dean/the wolf's joy at some point and see just what Sam meant and come to terms with things, accepting Dean. Because much as he adores his dad, it has to hurt a little that he just doesn't understand this.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of this 'verse, of Sam and Dean hunting together, and the challenges and advantages the wolf offers. Maybe a lycanthrope goes bad, or Dean has to go back and encounter the pack Skye was from, or something. And maybe have some more reconciliation/acceptance/understanding from John.

So, to answer your questions-I'd read more in this 'verse if it was focused around the boys and/or possibly including John. To be honest, I only skimmed the chapter with Skye in it. I'm not a huge fan of sex scenes/romance in my SPN fic, so that was my least favorite chapter. From her dialogue and the things Dean told Sam about her, I liked Skye well enough. But I liked her more when he was telling Sam about her than when we actually saw her first-hand. Just because the focus was still on Sam and Dean's relationship, with Dean sharing an important experience with his brother, than on the romance/OC. I probably wouldn't read a story that focused heavily on her and Dean.

But again, if you did more in this 'verse that centered around the boys, I'd be there. Hope that helps.

Great story-nicely told and well-written. I'm going to add this to my favorites. :)
295 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »