Reviews for Scarlet Threads
basaltone chapter 26 . 8/18/2011
so sad, so heartfelt, made me cry
basaltone chapter 24 . 8/18/2011
this attraction mixed with guilt in Jane is so very affecting, you make me remember how much there is behind the silliness he hides behind.
basaltone chapter 8 . 8/18/2011
Great little ficlet, I love seeing the relationship through a third person's eyes, and you give your OC just enough of a backstory that it really makes us feel what he feels. Excellent writing.
Kyizi chapter 41 . 6/24/2011
I absolutely love these fics. Especially that they're all different viewpoints and each have a different feel to them.
castiello chapter 15 . 2/27/2011
You already know I love this chapter :). It's sweet and funny and endearing - much like the gift of a pony. And Jane himself, on one of his better days. Some favorite lines:

"It says quite a lot for his reputation for the bizarre that he can carry a bucket of steaming crap through the corridor, and no-one really gives him a second glance."

"He leans on the door-frame and watches her. That's exactly how he hoped she'd look, that gentle, happy smile."

"Pushes it away, resolves to just enjoy this one quiet moment with her, the simple uncomplicated affection of an animal giving them a small place to stand, untouched."

I like how they both decided to just enjoy the moment for what it was. Also like how you have Lisbon thinking about Jane's daughter. He makes it so easy to forget - with all his schemes and antics, with his bright smile and cheerful, playful attitude. It's nice that Lisbon takes a moment to remember the depth of his loss.

Lovely chapter, truly. :)
castiello chapter 28 . 2/27/2011
Very interesting chapter - well done! Jane's reaction to what he sees is sudden, visceral, out-of-his-control and totally believable. Lisbon handles it really well. I think the most powerful moments on the show happen when one of these two characters is genuinely exposed and vulnerable, because it is such a rare occurrence. Great job on the chapter!
castiello chapter 24 . 2/27/2011
Excellent chapter - and NOT just because it has shirtless Jane. :) I really love the idea of him being brought back to life, almost against his will, and of it being a painful experience (like circulation returning to a sleeping limb). I think a slower version of this process is occurring over the course of the show, and he is fighting against it. Nice work on the complex emotions of both characters in this chapter, and the humor, too! :)
Anne Hedonia chapter 37 . 12/21/2010
MAN, I love your Mentalist fic (I've been inhaling it ever since I ran across the first one) and even with the fabulous riches of 41 ficlets here, I DEARLY wish you'd written just one where Jane and Lisbon had finally given in to their feelings. The stuff you wrote in the chapter about the car breaking down and the suntan lotion and Jane's skin "singing" made me just desperate to see him get what he needs (but that's how I always am. :P) The thing is, I think your writing about him getting what he needs with Lisbon would be WAY better than so many other people's takes on it. I see you've been writing Big Bang Theory lately so I'm probably wishing in vain for something new in your Mentalist category, but consider it? :) Pretty please?
santanabobana chapter 16 . 7/25/2010
This really is brilliant and consistent. "Perhaps one day I may Choose that sweet pawn he seeks to make his new queen. But not until it will really - hurt," is my favorite line because I'm pretty sure Red John knows of Jane's protective side when it comes to Lisbon. I'm going to continue reading but I had to stop and review this chapter, it was just too good not to review.
Avide chapter 26 . 6/7/2010
The first "Blood and Whisky" is intriguing, well written. I feel for Lisbon in it.

I enjoy the whole group of short stories. Thank you for it.
Deceptivecadence chapter 12 . 4/10/2010
Ahahahaa.

'Some of them couldn't hit the beat with a big stick.'

'Jane looks at the husky man looming at him. Wonders if he could hit him with something. Like Rigsby'

Terri.

- Makes me laugh EVERY TIME!
Chiisana Minako chapter 41 . 3/22/2010
I've been spending way too much time reading all these, now I don't know if I'll be able to wake up on time for my doctor¿'s appointment tomorrow xD!

It was so sad when I looked for the "" next-chap button and there wasn't one! It's been months without uploads D: I hope you come back to the fandom _ I really, really enjoyed reading these. Especially that they're oneshots, most of them connected enough to make references to the time Lisbon put sunscream on Jane's back or him being mistaken as the stripper xD! It made me chuckle a bunch of times and they were so many steamy moments too! All without making them kiss even once. Big, BIG kudos.

I love how their relationship is evolving, slowly detaching themselves from their excuses to hang out together off-duty. And if you say you're insane for writing great stuff like this, then I'm glad you are xD!

An avalanche of cookies for you. And a chocolate. And a paper frog to get you inspirated and write more for this :)
Famous4it chapter 8 . 12/30/2009
Haha love this one! The Jisbon flows out of it in that subtle way we love.
Deceptivecadence chapter 10 . 12/18/2009
Thank God you wrote this.

The idea of Cho and Jane going shopping blew my mind also. I want them to do other things together too! Like Visit an adult store! And bake things!

*"Hand me that skewer" Jane stretched an arm behind him expectantly.

"What do you need a skewer for?" Cho didn't move.

"Will you just hand it to me please?" The hand waved around, impatient. Coaxing. Cho blinked at it, trying to decide whether the man's hands were more like snakes, or the charmers that controlled them. Though that made everyone else snakes.

He didn't move.

"What are the chances i hand you the skewer, and then you pull an Albert Fish and murder and eat me in a psychopathic rage?"

"Considerably low, seeing as posession of the skewer will allow me to check and eat this wonderful cake, making me less inclined to eat you..." He turned to cast an appraising eye over Cho,

"Though you are looking particularly delicious today, Agent Cho. Who picked your outfit?"

Cho rolled his eyes and walked away. Jane called out through a cheshire grin;

"What? Do i have flour on my nose?"
Deceptivecadence chapter 8 . 12/18/2009
Ok. Maybe this one is my favourite.

I think i'm a little bit in love with that old man.

Quote of the ch: "Reckon there's a bridge in 'Frisco for sale, too" Ha ha ha, you smart old codger.
510 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »