Reviews for Scarlet Threads
castiello chapter 28 . 2/27/2011
Very interesting chapter - well done! Jane's reaction to what he sees is sudden, visceral, out-of-his-control and totally believable. Lisbon handles it really well. I think the most powerful moments on the show happen when one of these two characters is genuinely exposed and vulnerable, because it is such a rare occurrence. Great job on the chapter!
castiello chapter 24 . 2/27/2011
Excellent chapter - and NOT just because it has shirtless Jane. :) I really love the idea of him being brought back to life, almost against his will, and of it being a painful experience (like circulation returning to a sleeping limb). I think a slower version of this process is occurring over the course of the show, and he is fighting against it. Nice work on the complex emotions of both characters in this chapter, and the humor, too! :)
Anne Hedonia chapter 37 . 12/21/2010
MAN, I love your Mentalist fic (I've been inhaling it ever since I ran across the first one) and even with the fabulous riches of 41 ficlets here, I DEARLY wish you'd written just one where Jane and Lisbon had finally given in to their feelings. The stuff you wrote in the chapter about the car breaking down and the suntan lotion and Jane's skin "singing" made me just desperate to see him get what he needs (but that's how I always am. :P) The thing is, I think your writing about him getting what he needs with Lisbon would be WAY better than so many other people's takes on it. I see you've been writing Big Bang Theory lately so I'm probably wishing in vain for something new in your Mentalist category, but consider it? :) Pretty please?
santanabobana chapter 16 . 7/25/2010
This really is brilliant and consistent. "Perhaps one day I may Choose that sweet pawn he seeks to make his new queen. But not until it will really - hurt," is my favorite line because I'm pretty sure Red John knows of Jane's protective side when it comes to Lisbon. I'm going to continue reading but I had to stop and review this chapter, it was just too good not to review.
Avide chapter 26 . 6/7/2010
The first "Blood and Whisky" is intriguing, well written. I feel for Lisbon in it.

I enjoy the whole group of short stories. Thank you for it.
Deceptivecadence chapter 12 . 4/10/2010
Ahahahaa.

'Some of them couldn't hit the beat with a big stick.'

'Jane looks at the husky man looming at him. Wonders if he could hit him with something. Like Rigsby'

Terri.

- Makes me laugh EVERY TIME!
Chiisana Minako chapter 41 . 3/22/2010
I've been spending way too much time reading all these, now I don't know if I'll be able to wake up on time for my doctor¿'s appointment tomorrow xD!

It was so sad when I looked for the "" next-chap button and there wasn't one! It's been months without uploads D: I hope you come back to the fandom _ I really, really enjoyed reading these. Especially that they're oneshots, most of them connected enough to make references to the time Lisbon put sunscream on Jane's back or him being mistaken as the stripper xD! It made me chuckle a bunch of times and they were so many steamy moments too! All without making them kiss even once. Big, BIG kudos.

I love how their relationship is evolving, slowly detaching themselves from their excuses to hang out together off-duty. And if you say you're insane for writing great stuff like this, then I'm glad you are xD!

An avalanche of cookies for you. And a chocolate. And a paper frog to get you inspirated and write more for this :)
Famous4it chapter 8 . 12/30/2009
Haha love this one! The Jisbon flows out of it in that subtle way we love.
Deceptivecadence chapter 10 . 12/18/2009
Thank God you wrote this.

The idea of Cho and Jane going shopping blew my mind also. I want them to do other things together too! Like Visit an adult store! And bake things!

*"Hand me that skewer" Jane stretched an arm behind him expectantly.

"What do you need a skewer for?" Cho didn't move.

"Will you just hand it to me please?" The hand waved around, impatient. Coaxing. Cho blinked at it, trying to decide whether the man's hands were more like snakes, or the charmers that controlled them. Though that made everyone else snakes.

He didn't move.

"What are the chances i hand you the skewer, and then you pull an Albert Fish and murder and eat me in a psychopathic rage?"

"Considerably low, seeing as posession of the skewer will allow me to check and eat this wonderful cake, making me less inclined to eat you..." He turned to cast an appraising eye over Cho,

"Though you are looking particularly delicious today, Agent Cho. Who picked your outfit?"

Cho rolled his eyes and walked away. Jane called out through a cheshire grin;

"What? Do i have flour on my nose?"
Deceptivecadence chapter 8 . 12/18/2009
Ok. Maybe this one is my favourite.

I think i'm a little bit in love with that old man.

Quote of the ch: "Reckon there's a bridge in 'Frisco for sale, too" Ha ha ha, you smart old codger.
Deceptivecadence chapter 6 . 12/18/2009
This reminds me of someone off LJ who assigns Pokemon to each of the characters in her fandoms... You two aren't related, are you?

How someone idles says a lot about their character.

I write. Or doodle stick figure comics in the margins of my lecture notes.

Jane of course keeps little bits of them all, whilst still remaining alone. It broke my heart at the end of 'His Right Red Hand' when they were singing and he walked away. Oh, Patrick, you dark, broken soul. Come here so i can make you some soup.

Oh, and I have an Eevee.
Deceptivecadence chapter 5 . 12/18/2009
My favourite so far! And that's saying something.

Go Jane! You show them all! Even though you may wind up cutting your nose to spite your pretty, pretty face, you'll be damned if you don't show them exactly what Patrick Jane is made of.

Please can we drag him to yoga class :(

"But he's damned if he's going to give in. Because that would mean Lisbon would be right. And that's his job"

Gold.
Deceptivecadence chapter 3 . 12/18/2009
Yes, yes, yes!

This is pure gold!

A small moment that says everything. It's sweet, it's funny, it's breking my heart. Love how the office has this covert operation to avoid Jisbon. With hand signals.

Can there be code names too?

O.O
Deceptivecadence chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
What a devious little fiend!

Though i can just imaging Cho all loved up with his book-lady friend. Ah, Nerdy Asian Goodness.

Loving the pop-culture references, by the way.
Deceptivecadence chapter 41 . 12/18/2009
HA!

Poor Rigsby. I can imagine how awkward Grace and Rigsby would have been if they met in High School...

She- the sweet, gangly, girl next door trying to be her best for daddy and He; the shy, dorky, chess nerd, not quite fitting in to his frames.

Both of their little attractive-when-i-grow-some-more bodies filled with a nervous cocktail of androgens and fear.

Oh. My. God. *goes off to write this*

Thanks for your wikked lil inspiration.

xoxoxo