Reviews for The Skitterleap
ThePolyglot chapter 1 . 6/30
Would work better as a oneshot imo. Nevertheless, good job! :)
Lunaliceazreal chapter 1 . 3/26
Now you made me cry):
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 7 . 1/12
Potter, just make sure to notify your father of your survival, by Patronus or something.
Of course, Riddle would keep an enigma like you for himself. Riddle was not the one to orchestrate your 'death', or if he was, he is smart enough to want to speak with you.
And you, pretentious MOPS, should consider that keeping Krum alive did you more harm than good.
Harry, you are not in your father's league. Just try to figure out what's the best for you, your friends, and peace.
I like Antonin Dolohov.
Inferi monsters? No, something worse, like demons, Devourers.
Thank you. Good day, good night, and good luck, Antonin, Harry, Severus, Tom.
Charkes chapter 7 . 8/6/2015
I absolutely loved this, about to move straight onto book 2
Charkes chapter 2 . 8/5/2015
I'm sorry to hear you hated writing it as it was beautifully crafted. Keeping vague elements of cannon like hermione's relationship with krum and tying it so well into a reimagined historical scenario from one cascading change. It reminded me strongly of Robert Harris' 'Fatherland', a story I enjoyed greatly.
I hope you manage to enjoy writing the rest more and I suppose I'll find out as I move onto chapter 3. Loving it so far, I'll almost certainly leave comments later.
xvector chapter 7 . 7/22/2014
A very AU and intriguing story. It constantly reminds me of Wolfenstein: The New Order when I read it. Good job!
llIMagic chapter 7 . 5/16/2014
Wow, I've read most of the longer, completed fanfiction for HP on this site, but I haven't come across this before now. I think this is a very unique story, I haven't read one like it before, which is quite rare because after some time it feels like I am reading the same general plot over and over again written in a slightly different way.

I think this was a fantastic book; and it's a bittersweet feeling knowing that it probably won't ever be continued. The way you characterized canon individuals growing up in a war-torn world was excellent. It felt like the perfect set-up to an amazing AU, but unfortunately ended too soon. I was looking forward to seeing Grindelwald in action, too!

Anyway, don't know if you even read these anymore, but I just wanted to say your story left a lasting impression on me. I really enjoyed it; thanks again for taking the time to write it!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/14/2014
Wow this fic is awesome!
ShootLootRepeat chapter 3 . 4/30/2014
This, quite honestly, is pretty much Wolfenstien in a magical way. Love the idea never less.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 7 . 4/27/2014
This was rather horribly incoherent. It does nothing and explains nothing. It's basically filler and I feel no better for having wasted my time in it. I hold no confidence that any of your other fics or a sequel to this will ever be completed so I guess this is it.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 3 . 4/27/2014
This actually quite boring because the first 6 paragraphs were nonsense we don't need to know about and we have zero knowledge on what Harry is doing or why we should care. The only important thing in that beginning was that wizards and muggles work together now.
Tr0g chapter 7 . 1/26/2014
Wow. Very different, but very good.
lordfurybolt chapter 7 . 12/23/2013
Two words... fucking awesome!
Kennilworthy Thisp chapter 7 . 8/3/2013
This was- I don't- I don't know what to say, really. I'm not sure if I have the words to tell you how much I loved this. I'll try anyway!

I can't quite believe just how much you've fit into this story in only seven chapters. It's scope is impressive but your brevity is more so. I like your writing style a great deal and your characterisation is spot on.

This was great, it really blew my mind. I can't stress this enough!
drake999 chapter 7 . 6/10/2013
i loved this story, though i've read it before, it was quite a while ago. i just re-read it because i couldnt remember what happened...now i know why-it never ended...just kind of stopped.

why only write book 1? seems kind of sad to me. great story so far, but there need some explanation, or point other than harry dealing with betrayal and becoming a hero to a dead dictatorship.

resolve some issues-or show how later, harry fights against grindelwald's whims and so forth...not just build everything up to tell a war story.

a good war story, with lots of unique and amazing concepts that where utilized and flushed out well enough to make it a good read even though it puttered out in the end-but still just a war story... DO SOMETHING WITH THIS! ...please? :3

it seems like such a waste-at least to me.