Reviews for The Skitterleap
Phillies2 chapter 7 . 3/5
Well, that was definitely different, a lot of time a random character was thrown in, but I enjoyed it.
DragonXKuro chapter 7 . 2/17
Love this! Great plot line and writing! Thank you so much for this journey. Now I must go sleep
Amazing plot line and great writing! Thank you for this great adventure... Now I must go sleep ...
Refraction of Light chapter 7 . 2/8
The finishing of a book seems ill suited to an unfinished series. While the growth in Harry and the twists and turns your story has took so far is something I marvel at, I really do hope you finish this. While it wraps up in a way, it doesn't really do most of the foreshadowings justice. I just have to point out thought that the exposition at the start of the chapters don't match with the prologue. I'm not sure if it is intentional as if it was written in universe from rewritten history or a mistake. Based on the prologue Dumbledore never became headmaster, he thought of great plans to change the school when he thought he would become headmaster assuming he beat Grindelwald.

I again do sincerely hope you come back to this series.
Refraction of Light chapter 2 . 2/8
I like the story so far. I have to wonder on the importance of the skitterleap since it's the title. I have to say the way the story is being told is quite a good read. While the hope may be minuscule and futile I do hope you one day continue this story. The setting would definitely push the characters personalities in all sorts of ways and while many abhor OC's I find yours quite refreshing. I do have to wonder about Ledorf though, if he is truly a psychopath or is there something for him along the line. While most wouldn't outright say it military training and indoctrination is a very much proven form of brainwashing, even without magic added to the equation it would be hard to tell if he is remorseless or just took to the training a bit too well.

I sincerely hope you one day come back to this.
Windfall chapter 1 . 9/18/2016
You deserve thousands of more reviews.
poogle chapter 7 . 9/4/2016
this was so good. I wish you weren't dead :(
Thoorn chapter 7 . 8/24/2016
Amazing, thank you.
ThePolyglot chapter 1 . 6/30/2016
Would work better as a oneshot imo. Nevertheless, good job! :)
Lunaliceazreal chapter 1 . 3/26/2016
Now you made me cry):
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 7 . 1/12/2016
Potter, just make sure to notify your father of your survival, by Patronus or something.
Of course, Riddle would keep an enigma like you for himself. Riddle was not the one to orchestrate your 'death', or if he was, he is smart enough to want to speak with you.
And you, pretentious MOPS, should consider that keeping Krum alive did you more harm than good.
Harry, you are not in your father's league. Just try to figure out what's the best for you, your friends, and peace.
I like Antonin Dolohov.
Inferi monsters? No, something worse, like demons, Devourers.
Thank you. Good day, good night, and good luck, Antonin, Harry, Severus, Tom.
Charkes chapter 7 . 8/6/2015
I absolutely loved this, about to move straight onto book 2
Charkes chapter 2 . 8/5/2015
I'm sorry to hear you hated writing it as it was beautifully crafted. Keeping vague elements of cannon like hermione's relationship with krum and tying it so well into a reimagined historical scenario from one cascading change. It reminded me strongly of Robert Harris' 'Fatherland', a story I enjoyed greatly.
I hope you manage to enjoy writing the rest more and I suppose I'll find out as I move onto chapter 3. Loving it so far, I'll almost certainly leave comments later.
xvector chapter 7 . 7/22/2014
A very AU and intriguing story. It constantly reminds me of Wolfenstein: The New Order when I read it. Good job!
llIMagic chapter 7 . 5/16/2014
Wow, I've read most of the longer, completed fanfiction for HP on this site, but I haven't come across this before now. I think this is a very unique story, I haven't read one like it before, which is quite rare because after some time it feels like I am reading the same general plot over and over again written in a slightly different way.

I think this was a fantastic book; and it's a bittersweet feeling knowing that it probably won't ever be continued. The way you characterized canon individuals growing up in a war-torn world was excellent. It felt like the perfect set-up to an amazing AU, but unfortunately ended too soon. I was looking forward to seeing Grindelwald in action, too!

Anyway, don't know if you even read these anymore, but I just wanted to say your story left a lasting impression on me. I really enjoyed it; thanks again for taking the time to write it!