Reviews for Taking Turns With the Washing Up
ThisCat chapter 1 . 6/14
Yeah, no. Still one of the absolutely best OP fanfics I've ever read, and I've read a few. I would quote the whole thing back at you just to probe my point.
Wordlet chapter 1 . 6/12
I can't stop smiling. :)
CordiallyYours chapter 1 . 1/30
It's short, sweet, just the right amount of words to covey the relationships and everyday life of the straw hat pirates. But, i have to say - what's up with the lack of reviews?
Raiha Laf Qyaza chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
Ah man, you're awesome. See, this is one of those little things that can be developed into an amazing story if thought and written properly. Keep writing!
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
...but I did saw Sanji do the washing in Thousand Sunny...

And I thought Sanji would get the mystery why Luffy couldn't wash It nicely...
Too bad...

It was Great by the way! XD
maglin chapter 1 . 2/27/2014
thats probably the most beautiful story about dishwashing ever written ...
Wolf-of-Five-Elements chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
Great story. I really enjoyed it. )
Elin B chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
I've commented on this story before on Livejournal, but I'd just like to say that years later, this is still on of my favourite One Piece gen fics and one I'm sure to include in lists of fic recommendations. So great.
that's-a-Secret chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
Possibly the best One Piece fic - the best fanfic in general - I have every read. I've already read it three times, and every time it makes me so happy. Short(ish), simple, sweet, and adds genuine, truly touching depth to the manga instead of taking the characters and bending them over backwards to satiate somebody's own imagination. (I'm kinda guilty of that.) I could go on and on about the crew and the dishes, and about how I want to know how Brook will be added, too, but everything I can say is already here, in your words.
Yeah. I love this fic. That's all I needed to say, really. Thank you for writing it.
Kaoru likes One Piece chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
I loved this fic, how could you take a simple topic like dish washing and make an beautiful insightful fic of the crew's dynamics its amazing :)
heidi-mayer87 chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
God this was so touching. So heart-wrenching true. Truer than cannon, if it makes sense. It should be cannon. I could cry.
This is so well-written I think I should take notes. I feel like writing out some phrases like "bitter bankruptcy filled ends". Really, this is worship-worthy. Especially the characters. Like Nami. And Luffy, who just broke my heart but in a really good way, transparent and simple and yet wrapped in mystery. Usopp's characterization was startling because it was at a less expected angled and yet so accurate. It's amazing since he's difficult character to give proper credit to. All characters were amazing, really, though there was not a lot of Zoro. What's incredible is how Sanji shines through all of them, through his love and understanding of his nakama, through his love of the ship, of Merri and, later, of Sunny, too, his love of their little pre-ordained order marking the boundary of their crazy world.
Geez, watch wax poetry when I'm no good at it. But this was a really great work.
FishTetris chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
I read this story the first time and instantly favorited it, then read it again, and a third time, and then again just now, and I've deduced that every inch of it is basically perfection. This is one of those stories where every single sentence has value, and it's a pleasure to read all of them with care. I'm totally bummed that this is your only One Piece fic! But it has good... reread value? repeat value? and each time I've read it, I think I either understood something a little better, or came to appreciate a certain detail more. So it's easily worth ten other stories. I'd rather read one -great- story over and over than read a few different ones that are just -good-.

Your style is fluid and varied, and like I said, it makes every sentence worth paying attention to. I mean, ideally, one should always pay attention to every sentence when reading something, but it's so tedious when the writing can't command your attention. But I enjoyed your diction immensely-not sure how else to say that. I don't remember the last time I saw the word 'crockery' anywhere, haha.

And speaking of crockery, I'm fascinated by the way that you were able to translate the personalities of the characters into the act of washing dishes. Luffy was my favorite in this story. It's just so easy to imagine him making a well-meaning mess of things, like a cheerful hurricane. What really sold it, though, were Sanji's reactions-I think the part where he's puzzling over why Luffy's so dead-set on having his turn is my favorite part of the whole story, actually. That line about table manners, risk assessment, and "quasi-decent penmanship" was great. In addition, "Luffy had lots of friends, most of whom turned out to be appallingly dangerous and yet fundamentally decent upon closer acquaintance" was also perfect.
And and and the line with 'resignation, possibly fond' is probably my favorite description of Sanji's outlook on Luffy ever. You have the best sentences! I can't cite just one!

(Out of curiosity, do you yourself have a theory on why Luffy would like doing dishes so much? Or are you just as stumped as Sanji?)

I can't leave out Usopp, since his part was a close second for me in the general highlights department. The way you describe him is refreshing compared to the strictly goofy way people tend to write him. I mean, he -is- goofy, but I think he's also smarter and more careful than he's given credit for. Anyways, you were right on the money with that whole paragraph, and I loved how you tied in a signature tall tale!

And oh man, just when I thought I was done quoting you, I remembered this gem-"Sanji had seen the weight Nami could carry. She was not going to drop a dish."
You're... just... unfairly good at this, you know that? And more love for the description of her tone, as well.

I was a little put out that Zoro didn't get much of a description, but considering this is Sanji's POV, even an offhanded, vaguely positive remark is pretty groundbreaking. So while more elaboration would have been interesting, it wouldn't have been as appropriate. Whether it was intentional or not, good call!

Chopper was cleverly done, with the concerns about hairballs in the drain, and also that the doctor himself has to be better than good at cleaning things. I think adorable is the best way to describe he and Sanji's interaction, haha And I loved the vision of Robin with a bunch of rubber gloves. Her part in this was also nice and insightful, and the final sentence of her section was so sweet!

Like with Usopp, I really prefer your description of Franky to the usual stock. He just seems like such a cool guy, and I like the dynamic he and Sanji had. Their conversation was... charming? I don't think that's the word I'm looking for, but it's close. Anyways, as the longest bit of dialogue/interaction, it reflected that... well, you're really good at dialogue/interaction. You know, because being good at everything else wasn't enough, haha. There's some sort of secret to making interactions believable, and I don't know what it is yet, but I think you do.

Of course, I'd be amiss to forget Sanji and how you totally nailed his POV. This story was one of the most in-character fanfictions I've ever had the pleasure of reading, and that applied to everyone in it.

(Having the roster at the end was the perfect touch, too. Along with the reasoning behind letting the old one go down with the original ship.)

Okay, okay, I'm done! I think I overdid this a little, haha. But anyways, if it's not abundantly clear, I love this story. Wonderful work! I'll definitely have to check out some of your other fandom pieces :)
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
This was really a delightful piece to read. And I love that Sanji and Franky interaction near the end. I had to say that it was rather heartwarming that they still included Vivi's name on the roster. Great job on this!
Bludeuse chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
This was a great little piece, good characterization and a fun insight to the crew!
sylver rain chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
That was great! I loved all of it. Every bit. I love the characters already but you write them in a way that makes my heart flutter. And I love how Sanji notices everyone had a something about the dishwashing and it's expounded upon wonderfully. And then Zoro's was just one short line. LOL.

Sweet that they kept Vivi's name on the roster.

The Drain Stops Are Not Toys – Luffy This Means YOU