Reviews for Shorelines
januarys chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
What I love about this drabble is the fact that it feels so... so vulnerable and raw and so like Tidus in many different ways, especially from the flow of the words and the way his emotions and thoughts pulled at my heartstrings. I can almost imagine him choking up at some points.

This is as real as this, as HE can get, and it's absolutely beautiful.
A Reader chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
Nice! I liked it. A little sad, but good. Keep on writing!
irishais chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
Really, would you be offended if I left a review of nothing but ! and keyboard smashing, because that is what I REALLY WANT TO DO, since I cannot even properly sum up how much I just...I just LOVE this fic. I wish I were more coherent and could leave a respectable, well-thought out, well-written review, but beautiful Tidus/Yuna just turns me into mush and there is not a whole lot I can do about it.

I love the repetition, the flow, the Tidus voice is just A spot on, and even your summary was what grabbed me and yanked me straight into the fic. The whole thing is just SPLENDIDLY PERFECT.

Please, please, please never stop writing.
Lila chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
This is so sweet, it really makes me cry though. Tidus never got his happy ending with Yuna.

P.S. You really captured Tidus perfectly, this is like a missing scene from the game.
Griselda Banks chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
M, I like. This would be Tidus caught in a very quiet, thoughtful mood. I like how you weave the heartbeat through the whole thing; it reminds me of the first cinematic in the game, which starts with Tidus alone in the sphere, and all you can hear is his heartbeat for a few seconds. It's something I'd never thought of before, but you brought out that little detail and put it in the foreground. I like that; it's something new and untried.

I think my favorite line of this was, "saying it makes it real, and I didn't want it to be any more real than me."

For the most part, I'd say it sounds like Tidus - Tidus in his narration, in his thoughts, rather than what he usually sounds like when he's talking - except for this sentence: "I’m giving you my heart, and if I must drown, then I want to submerge myself in your heartbeat and never surface again." That was the only one that stuck out to me as not quite sounding like him (though I love the water metaphors!). I think the 'must' is the problem; I think he'd be more likely to say "if I have to drown". (See? I can nitpick too :P)
Chaotic Serenity chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
Very moving without being too saccharine. :) I think you get Tidus's voice down perfectly.
Altum chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
Good stuff. Glad I could help out with it. Tidus is just a unique character, and you pulled him off pretty well. It's a bit more mushy than you usually write as well, but you did it. It's a good game. I might have to revisit it some time soon.
nom-omnis-moriar chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
I have never read a story that sounded more like Tidus in my entire history of ffx reading. Everything sounded so lifelike and was very emotional. Beautifully written.
bucklebunny chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
Oh my gosh! I'm so impressed... well written and meaningful without being cheesy. Also, first person is definitely a skill-i think the reason you made that note in the beginning is because a lot of people write first person without really totally understanding their subject. you really got inside Tidus's head and found thought processes that were perfectly in character, yet havent been presented a thousand times before. basically, it was pretty effing cool.

~bucky