Reviews for Of Learning and Survival
Cynical0range chapter 4 . 4/2
Gah! How could you end it there when so many new and interesting characters and situations were introduced?! Just when things got interesting! I've been dying to get to the part where Aindreas finally goes to his new school. And gosh this chapter got me even more excited about it! I noticed before when you were describing Avalon District, but you have an amazing talent in world building. Most professional writers aren't nearly half as good. The details are so rich I had no problem picturing it in my head. And I can't believe I'm saying this cause I normally avoid OCs like the plague but yours are so incredibly vivid and interesting. Ahhh I simply can't wait for the next chapter! Please update soon!
Cynical0range chapter 3 . 4/2
Haha. I absolutely loved the scene where Aindreas returned Snape to Dumbledore lol. Snape's indignation at being treated as an object, or "present" was priceless. I would so love to see Aindreas and Snape trading wit. And Dumbledore being called a "good boy" was a funny role reversal! Just priceless. Aindreas partnering with Remus was also a rather lovely twist but where did Sirius go? Great chapter, made all the better with the random humor. Though I have a question: is Harry suppressing his emotions when faced with the Malfoys? I mean how else can he act civilly with Lucius Malfoy when he had been responsible for Harry's horrid second year?
Cynical0range chapter 2 . 4/2
Do aethers look younger than they actually are or is Harry just stunted? From the descriptions of both Voldemort and Snape, Harry looked way worse than I imagined. Surely the Dursleys haven't affected his growth and malnutrition that much? Especially with so many months away from them where he could eat whenever he wanted. And yet he looks like a ten year old bag of bones instead of the nearly fourteen year old he actually is.
Cynical0range chapter 1 . 4/1
well this is unique. i love it! one question: what is harry still doing living in a seedy knock turn alley "loft"?
IloveHeat chapter 4 . 1/13
It is a pity you never finished this. Very cool characters and I would have loved to see how you reintroduce Harry back into the wizarding world. Thank you though for sharing this much.
prinzenhasserin chapter 1 . 9/15/2015
Let me fangirl a bit about how /tight/ your story is. yes, there is exposition, but it's also ripe with these details and descriptions that make you feel present in the story.
(My favourite part is when Snape thinks Aindreas is a conservative pureblood, but Aindreas is just looking for an excuse too be horribly rude. Because that says so much about Aindreas who has all of the reasons to be rude to the Dumblebore, but also about Snape who despite everything thinks of Albus as someone to respect.)
Love the vampires. Love the library. Love that you found a way to get HP to a coffee shop and fill him with delicious pumpkin spice chocolate (wait, that's not what happened?).
If you are still writing - i would love to read anything. Literally (whoa, pun!) anything.
Cogan chapter 4 . 9/14/2015
This is really cool!
bleeb90 chapter 4 . 6/18/2015
I liked it, too bad you never finished it.
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 4 . 3/23/2015
I'd really like to see where this goes. Even though I'm saddened watching a Harry/Aindreas become cold, uncaring, and calculating, the premise is original and intriguing and your world building is breathtaking! I was, however, disgusted to find Aindreas 'grieving' over Dumbledick's betrayal; I really love to see Corss turn the old manipulative bastard into a charcoal briquet!
I hope you'll find your way back to update this story, soon!
Take care and good luck!
MelJ
SabakuMoon chapter 4 . 2/17/2015
Abandoned? ;;
Katzztar chapter 4 . 8/31/2014
Too bad this wasn't continued, it was interesting and different.
prinzenhasserin chapter 4 . 8/19/2014
I have loved this story for a long time, and it's probably my favourite one. Occasionally, I come back to reread it, and every time I'm just stunned by your imagery and the realness the characters have despite them being fantastical and OC's to boot.
This is an incredible work, and whenever I come back to it, it amazes me by still being spectacularly good.
917brat chapter 4 . 8/17/2014
This is very interesting and I would so love to read more.
Crowne chapter 4 . 7/29/2014
This is easily the most fascinating story I've read in a while. Thank you for sharing your imagination with us. :D I look forward to the next instalment!
LunaBlack009 chapter 4 . 7/25/2014
Please, please do not abandon this story. It is spactacular, and I have re read it at least five times now. Please update.