Reviews for Familiar Strangers
Jesuslovesmarina chapter 1 . 2/1
Nice! I love how you explored some more obscure part of Jack's life, not just modern-day or Face of Boe but the in-between (and goodness knows there was a lot of time for these stories to take place).
SherlockWholmes chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
Interesting. Meeting Jack when he is vastly older than the Doctor. Good twist on what you usually see with Jack.
niver chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
Okay, I hate to have to ask, but when he says "You're not, I think, the one that I knew best." Is he referring to Nine or someone else entirely?

Other than that confusion, great story. Considering that by the end of the fourth season of DrWho Jack is technically over two thousand years old (older than the Doctor even when you do the Maths and realize he's more in the thousand area than the nine centuries area . . .) it's nice to see someone acknowledge that'll eventually be a lot older than the Doctor.

Though Jack forgetting about the Doctor seems a tad unlikely to me (but ignore me I'm a massive Jack/Doctor whatever I can have fan). Seriously though, he wouldn't have been immortal if it weren't the Doctor (well, indirectly) and he spent over a century waiting for him. Surely that has to make a dent?
Yuki chapter 1 . 6/21/2009

My coherency deserts me in the face of the awesomeness that is this Jack Harkness. I love any exploration of his immortality and you do it SO WELL. I love his wisdom and the Doctor's perception of the sheer force of his age. Everything he has lived through. I just about died when we discovered he was the Face of Boe and this is similarly great.

The role reversal was just glorious, the Doctor being the one intimidated and fearful of the intelligence and the experience of another, and Jack-or Cesh's calm acceptance of what must come next.

So Great. Write More. (not of this necessarily, just of anthing)
123-321 chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
i really like this idea, well done!