Reviews for The Price of Vengeance
...I just can't. I just can't. Dean. /Dean/. I just... Dean. Dean being the best older brother in the world and taking care of Sammy kills me. Every time. Only times I cry. /Dean/. You're amazing. Just wanted to say that. This was exactly the fic I've been looking for. All the good fic recs I see are either for Destiel or Wincest. I just want Dean being an amazing older brother and breaking my heart. This was beautiful. *claps*
Fall Rider chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
That was SO good!
AngelTears1326 chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
I liked this because it is so true.
S. T. Nickolian chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
Yep. That sucks, but it's his own fault. Stupid Papa Winchester.

Hi! Been a while. I said I would read all your Supernatural stuff, and I have. Mostly. I just didn't review. So, that means now that I have a little free time (took a major quiz this morning and can now finally BREATHE), I can review at least this one. We'll see if I get to another before next class. Hm. But then I wouldn't have time for lunch. Lunch or read lunch or read. That's a tough question.

But anyway! I really like this one! Largely introspective with the scenes, short as they are, in there to flesh it out. Something I have do work on in class. Go figure. Mini-Sam clinging to Dean is so cute. Of course, I just reread Give You the Sun, so I'm kinda on cuteness overload. My favorite part in this story though would have to be Dean's awe of Sam's first word. It plays on Dean's self-sacrifice and almost-non-existent self-confidence. After all, if Castiel says, "You don't think you deserve to be saved," (God I melt at that scene! Misha Collins' voice and Dean. Gah) then, even as a kid, he probably didn't think he would be able to mean so much to any one person, especially his brother (though I don't think it's until later, maybe when Sam leaves, that his real... what's the word... vulnerability? That's not right... But I think you know what I'm talking about. It's not until after Sam leaves that it really shows up and becomes part of who he is. Or it could be as early as the shtriga.)

And that's a tangent I didn't expect to go on. Hm. Anyway, loved this story, loved how you wrote it, and I can't wait to here back from you!

God's Grace be with you.

Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Yeah, I think John never stood a chance against the most awesome big brother on earth **. I'm sorry for him, he realized how much he trained instead of raising his boys too late...

That's cute, the way you showed Sam's trust in Dean! In Devil's trap, when Dean have a gun trained on his dad (who turned out the be YED) and said he wasn't John, even without knowing why he said it, Sam looked at Dean and we could see the doubt but we could also see the trust he had in his older brother! He was totally the little brother there, looking up to Dean and standing by his side. Doing whatever he said he should do.

That story reminded me of this scene

Well, see you around

CeCe Away chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
Nice reflection of John's thoughts and feelings. This was really well-thought out and executed. Nicely written.
magicallyinclined chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
I could definitely see this these little moments happening; Dean was much more of a father than John to Sam and I'd be surprised if Sam's first word wasn't Dean. But while I think John really really wanted revenge, I think that a big reason he hunted the yellow-eyed demon was to protect Dean and Sam; get it before it came after his family again.
Yellowbulma chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
Very sweet story but feel sorry for John.
moira4eku chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
I really enjoyed this POV of John's and how it is his own fault that Sam treated Dean more of the dad figure than John.
Mel J1701 chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
This was a wonderfully bittersweet insight into the brothers' upbringing and how John must have felt at losing his sons as he increasingly devoted himself to the hunt. It's poignant that Sam did find a father-figure, one he worshipped and who would die for him.

What is most saddening about the whole situation is the sense of loss for everyone involved. John lost his sons, Sam lost the chance to bond with his father and, most painstaking of all, Dean lost his childhood. You've done an excellent job in depicting that.
hachoo chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
Oh, wow. This was a really amazing story. I absolutely LOVED it.. you got the characters spot on, and I really felt sorry for John. Gret job!
Tamara chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
I just wanted to let you know that I loved your story. It (to me), seems totally plausable that Sam would look to Dean first, in any situation. Especially the major one leaving for college-and that Dean would want what is right for Sammy, despite what Dean wanted.

Again-loved it.