Reviews for I Thought I Saw a Rainbow
Pokemaster06 chapter 8 . 12/20/2020
Wait...so was this all Gymleader shipping?
Pokemaster06 chapter 4 . 12/20/2020
Brother, you just gave me a recap for my science test!
Kanha's Priya chapter 8 . 11/25/2020
Name
Guest chapter 8 . 4/1/2020
What the he'll I mean it was great but what the he'll was that part about misty and ash on camera jeez but 10/5 stars
Alex chapter 8 . 5/30/2019
I was confused with the last chapter because of all the other things that happened other than the ash and misty wedding
srijal chapter 1 . 5/8/2018
oh myy.. so funny, since the starting its been the most entertaining story i have read...
roger chapter 8 . 7/27/2017
Very funny. The pot of gold was great. The part with the pizza boy was hilarious. And great cameo for paul.
Misty and ash's moments in chapter 7 were great. Thanks for bringing in jesse and james.
Do come up with a sequel.
POKESHIPPING FOREVER!
anjumstar chapter 7 . 3/30/2017
Another one that I read years and years ago that I don't think I ever reviewed. This came out about when I started reading fanfiction, so hopefully I was too afraid to leave on of the few reviews that I left back then (quite unfortunate artifacts).

This one actually held up in many ways! I loved the use of the colors for every chapter; it was simply brilliant! And the overall writing was pretty good (save for the couple of ANs in the middle of the text, but you know that)! But there were a lot of things that didn't sustain very well for me. One, was the whole topic of being gay. I can understand characters being somewhat homophobic. It's unfortunate but true that that still exists. And even if you aren't homophobic, it can be difficult for a parent to accept anyway, because odds are that your baby is going to lead a harder life. However, there were some things in the actual narration that were awfully closeminded. I understand that you were younger when you wrote this and that it was a little bit of a different time, but I'm still going to point it out. Also, the assumption by all of the characters that if you're gay, you must behave in a femme manner. There are plenty of gay boys who don't 'seem' gay at all.

I could go on regarding that topic for quite a while, but I bet that you are already aware of most of the non-PC stuff in this fic. I'm not saying that you should go back and edit it, but perhaps leave an AN at the beginning of the fic that gives an update to your opinions? Assuming they're altered, of course, which isn't a fair assumption to make, and I apologize.

But other things. There were issues with characterization here, and in this world, that's what I had more of an issue with. I don't think that Tracey would at all betray Ash like that. And there were plenty of other boys that you could pull from the universe who would ask Misty on a date, regardless of Ash. But even in the unlikelyhood that Tracey did like Misty, I don't think he would ever betray Ash like that. I loved the complete lack of heteronormativity with James in this fic-that redeems some of the other issues somewhat, even though there were some comments about straight boys not being allowed to do 'femme' things, but I'm going to let it go for the moment-and I appreciated him. He wasn't featured a ton; his character seemed a little stretched, but generally in the realms of normalcy. Gary was kind of simplified into a stereotypical player, which wasn't great, because he can be an awesome and complex character, but it is what it is. Brock was pretty good. Delia was a little off. I think that she loves Ash so much that she wouldn't be that heartbroken by him being gay and that she would be more of a comfort to Misty than a sympathizer. Also, I think you may have made her cooking a little too sophisticated! But who can say on that one, haha!

Ash was largely himself. There's no way to tell what Ash puberty would equal, so my knee-jerk reaction is to say that he was a little too sexual in this fic, but, again, who's to say? You could easily be right. I liked how dense he was! It was right in the sweet spot of not too much and not too little! I just don't think that, in any world, Ash would be quite like this regarding love. Yes, I think that Ash would love Misty fully, but I don't think he would behave much differently towards her. He was just a little too lovey-dovey, especially in his inner monologues and when he was talking to the boys. He isn't a romantic.

But, again, who knows? Growing up does change people, supposedly...

Misty might not have been very far off. I do think that she would cry and be horribly upset if Ash were gay. That was on point. But I don't think that she'd assume that his personality is so different because he's gay, and that she would just walk around in a sensual bra around him or take him to get a manicure. I really appreciated that you had a somewhat feminine Misty, though! I hate it when authors think that she's a tomboy. We see clearly in the anime that she loves shopping and cute things and pretty things and dresses and makeup and fashion. So thank you!

Okay, this is probably plenty long enough for a story that was written 8 years ago. But I had to write double, since I never reviewed it the first time around! I'm so glad that it was still a pleasant read! I didn't love it like I did back then, but it was different and enjoyable! Kudos!
Ronniecoln 88 chapter 5 . 2/26/2017
Ash would never ever ask for help from Team Rocket
Ronniecoln 88 chapter 1 . 2/26/2017
Sexual orientation is NOT something that can be changed on a whim.
Mistyfan girl chapter 7 . 2/3/2017
I enjoyed the whole story.I also felt pity and sort of anger towards Tracy because he tried to take Misty from his so called best friend and in my case no matter how much I like someone I would let my friend have him. Umm just so is clear as in my youtube name I am girl who is a big fan of Misty no lies I've never been a fan of them.
Guest chapter 2 . 1/10/2017
I honestly expected Delia to be more accepting though but I understand that her reaction is for the purpose of the story.
Nami chapter 8 . 7/14/2016
This story is so funny, especially the last chapter XDD
I really hope you'll come back someday to grace us with more pokeshipping! You're awesome :D
Guest chapter 8 . 5/15/2016
awsome
ANONYMOUS chapter 7 . 1/9/2016
HEYYY IT'S ME AGAIN! LOVED IT, EXCELLENT JOB! WRITE AGAIN.