Reviews for Memoir
acruska chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
Wow, I do like this one. Emmett POV changes the story retold into a whole new experience. Great work!
A modern Nulla chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
Good story. Just to let you know Cullen Bay in Darwin is a modern development 1990. The hospital in 1942 as up on the cliffs at the end of Larrakeyah on the corner of Kahlin ave and Lambell Tce. The main entrance to the building was directly at the end of Smith Street. It was original a tin roof building that was replaced with a modern build in the 150. Kahlin is the original name for this area below the cliffs and bay area. My Father and grandmother survived the bombing of Darwin and I attended the Where were you in 42 events with my grandmother as official representatives of our family which is one of the oldest European mixed race Families in the NT. Yes we have street named after us. Grandma is still going strong in her 90s and is recognised by the NT Government as a living pioneer of the NT.
Pink Lady Alex chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
This is an amazing story! You've really done your research - it feels like reading a true story. Also your use of imagery and details blew me away. I'm so glad that you wrote about Emmet - he's such a sweetheart. Thanks for all of the hard work that you put into this. Well done!
ReaderinthePNW chapter 1 . 11/17/2009
I saw "Australia" for the first time last night, and I had to find out if anyone had written anything for a movie that had such rich potential for fanfiction- and I am so SO so happy that your's is the first story that I've read, because it is absolutely brilliant! It's well written, consistent, and your tone throughout is wonderful! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this story. Great, great work!
hgksjsflsglk chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
That was a great story.

I liked how we see Sarah life out of another point of view! Really good! I enjoyed reading :)
RooC chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
Very well done, overall. You capture Dutton's tone very well and that of course is the key to a memoir. You give fine descriptions and set the scene nicely. Well done with the research as well.

I do see one error - Carney's name. Leslie. They mention it a few times in the film. Also, as Dutton takes Sarah into the ball Mrs. Carney and Mrs. Allsop mention that Dutton has recently lost his mother. Would have been a rich detail to use here to add to the depth you've created for this character.

Keep up the excellent writing.
RFK chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
Baronet is a position in the British aristocracy. Captain Dutton would have been referred to as "Sir Emmett Dutton, Baronet of Dutton".