Reviews for Tempest After Sun: Saw Drabbles
Jacalyn Hyde chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
Did you miss me? Rest assured, Dee. I missed you and your work terribly. Inconsistency is not something I'm fond of, but sometimes it can't be helped. Forgive me?

Shuffle Challenges are always good fun. Did you have the pairings in mind before you started or they came to you as you worked? Did you write WHILE listening to the songs and stop around the time they ended? Or just use the music and lyrics as inspirational background?

Next, let me commend your excellent taste in song selection, as well as your talent for drabble-format. They can be tricky but you have the right balance here: just enough to see finalized but still leave you wanting more. You should definitely attempt another Shuffle Challenge when the inspiration strikes you.

Mark/OC- "A necessary victim... he couldn't bring himself to harm her..." -I love the blend of humanity, rebellion and passion here. Is this a presumed one night stand before her test or is this his attempt to seduce and protect her at the same time? Regardless, i love what you've done here. The present tense narration works quite nicely as well. People always ask me why I write that way... it's just more engaging, I think. More present, . "She was the meaning of his existence. Inside her, her presence flowing through him like blood though his veins..." -I adore the dual meaning of "inside her." (the sensual as well as the metaphorical). NICE.

Mark/Amanda- the pairing and the song (Spineshank's "Forgotten") alone get a smile out of me. I know you took the unromantic (in fact, they seem more like siblings than anything else here) approach, but it's nice to see that the (mixed) feelings never really change. He watches and admires her work. He resents her presence and involvement as well as being expected to help, teach, or *babysit* her. He questions the emotions himself ("What's wrong with another apprentice?... She's as good as you, isn't she?") But the real concern is not the deathtrap designs after all- it's the WORK and the emotional consequences no one is really immune to. I love the mental shrug behind "nothing he could do, really". It's like... well. I tried. Poor stupid little girl. Can't help ya... _

Strahm/Lindsay- (I totally just realized I've been spelling Strahm incorrectly for some time now. Thankfully not in anything I've actually posted, but still. I think I've been using "Straum". *FAIL*) I love the idea of Perez having a little crush on her partner- it might as well be canon. His eyes lit up "when he really smiled. He only ever smiled that way at her." Like they have some secrets between them? Some kind of joke only the two of them would understand? Or a simple connection that borders so closely on meaning much more than that? Getting caught staring is almost as mortifying as being turned down. Poor Lindz.

Lindsay/Mark- I know you wrote this more than a year ago, but do you by any chance remember why you called him Mark instead of Hoffman? I use the names interchangeably but I think in this case the first name shows a kind of familiarity, closeness, or significance. Anyway: what a contrast this piece is to the Strahm/Lindsay one above it! This one is much more... well, *intense*. "She had known this was coming... Strahm had seen it and appeared to be thoroughly annoyed..." -understandable. LOL... "No thinking about that now." -He reads her mind! . .Creepy! _ I love that she's not entirely submitting but not resisting in the least bit either. That logic sure sounds like Perez. And who can blame her?

John/Jill- I'm gonna cry. Damn it! Damn you! (Just kidding, I love you... but STILL!) "...she had lost him forever, but he would always be there... in the back of her mind." -I love that this applies to both John and Gideon. The idea that John- in death -being reunited with his son and finding real peace and happiness from it was a very powerful idea and something Jill would definitely consider. "He had been a monster... the murderer." -It doesn't matter. She's still in love with who he was before and even during his final days. (*wails*)

John/Amanda- I can't think of a more appropriate song for them than Shinedown's "Sometimes Goodbye is a Second Chance". It's perfect beyond description here. The song lyrics are somewhere between determination, rebellion, and optimism. It suits Amanda quite nicely. I love the poetic feel to this piece. Some lines and points are so brief they could symbolize experiences she either can't remember or wants to forget. "She hurt. He saved her. It had hurt then. It didn't hurt anymore." -NOW. But it does, perhaps not physically but still. The contrast of the last few lines is amazing. She loves him. She's already grieving the inevitable loss. She's starting to regress to her old feelings. Starting to doubt him and everything else. But she still loves him. Above all else, she is grateful. You know I have a soft spot for J/A. And I just loved your attempt here. _
DarkPhoenix567 chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
This is good.

I just wanted to say i think the parts with Strahm and Lindsey(Perez) were cute.

I also liked the pairing with her and Hoffman.

They look good together.

I'm suprised no has done a pairing for them yet.

But you have finally thank very much.
April chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
The world need more Strahm Fanfiction ):

I really enjoyed this though! *applause*
SawManiac211 chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
OMG I LOVED THIS!

You need to write some kind of drabble for Hoffman and Amanda...SHIPPERS FOR EVA llol
Dance Elle Dance chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
Wow... that's all a really have to say. Lol I know that's not very helpful, but this fic was incredibly good. There are so very few well-written Saw fanfics, and I am so glad to have stumbled upon this one. Every one of these little drabbles was written very well. I loved all of them but I really liked the Mark/Amanda and Mark/Lindsay ones. The Strahm/Lindsay was cute too. And you can't ever go wrong with Jigsaw! The John/Jill one was very nice.

Great work! :)
Venom of Earth chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
Your take on the characters is amazing. *_* I can't get over these small little stories! I really can't wait to read more. Keep up the amazing work.
teenageroadkill chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
Wow, this is brillant simplicity at its best. I felt so moved by those encounters, especially the Jill/John and Amanda/John drabbles. Jill thinking that John might be the good person she fell in love with now because he is reunited with their son just made me want to cry and hug her! And for some reason, probably because I love the Amanda/Hoffman pairing, I imagined Amanda as the girl in the Mark/OC situation. :)
NinaKramer chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Those were really good, especially the last two, I'm a huge fan of John, but the others were also a very pleasant read!

Hope to read more of you soon..._#
KTTY K chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
Wow, that's very beautiful!

Especially the ones with John and Jill/Amanda.

I really have a thing for tragic love stories.