Reviews for Quiet Desperation
Authoress of Evil chapter 3 . 10/4/2010
Wow... that sucks. I mean, I've had some stressful days, but a GUN! Yikes... Well, at least you weren't shot, right? Right? RIGHT?

Ahem, anyway, AWESOME story! Although you should've killed Charlie. Like it or not, that's the way most of these stories really end. The druggie OD-ing, and the alchie doing something stupid and getting themselves killed not long after.

And why the hell would Sawyer call JACK? Personally, I would've called Hugo, but that's just me... I mean, Hurley could've paid for any and all medical expenses and been a source of amusement at the same time.

Also, there is no way that Charlie will stay with Liam. He wouldn't be ABLE to. He'd end up finding himself on Sawyer's doorstep again. Heck, they might end up actually getting a little better, a little more normal, because of the time he spent in rehab.

Or not. Your choice! It's your story! And I'm just having a great time reading it!

Oh, and just in case you do end up continuing it - however slim that chance may be - I'm adding it to Story alert.
tamzinrose chapter 3 . 5/24/2010
I would love it if you wrote some more of this 3
Angel chapter 3 . 4/12/2010
The story was kinda sad, but I liked it. You nailed both characters well, especially Sawyer's. I thought you were going to kill off Charlie, but Im glad you didn't.
AwesomeAuror chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
First reaction: "This is so freaking emo". No offense intended in any way.

This is one of the rare stories that actually captures the cruel and dark world of substance abuse and portrays it in a heavy light with no tunnel. It's beautifully written and makes me ache just thinking about it. Sawyer and Charlie have always been the lost two drifting out of orbit, but in this reality, they really need to get back on track before an early end finishes them all.
TheHornyVirgin chapter 3 . 3/6/2010
Very Nice!
Debbie lostgirl chapter 3 . 3/5/2010
wonderful! I really enjoyed reading this story! I wish it had more chapters though! haha

I'm never satisfied enough! :P

(and I'm glad charlie didn't die!) :D

(sorry for my english!)
andaere chapter 3 . 2/8/2010
Yay! You finished it! Thank you! :)

And yay, they don't all die! Although you did write up a suitably depressing ending, didn't you? ;) Poor Sawyer.

I liked the character introspection, too. Sawyer realizing he cares about Charlie, the thing about Jack being the one everyone called when there were emergencies... oh, and I liked the line about Jack being able to make Sawyer's name sound like a curse word.

The ending is so sad. I'm glad you didn't kill Charlie, but the thought of Sawyer being left all alone to drink himself to death is almost worse... gah!

I think this story is fine as it is, but it'd be fine to continue it too. And you know I'd always like to read more from you... Especially 'fics with Sawyer and Charlie... xD

Home invasion? Scary! :O Thanks for updating this even with all the stress you've been going through.
sk8r-grl chapter 3 . 2/8/2010
very very good! i thought charlie was gonna die! poor sawyer :( i wanna hug him (even though i'd prolly get a weird look from him if i was to ever do that). very good, though. magnificent!
ILoveNeil chapter 3 . 2/8/2010
This is such a great, dark story. I really loved reading it.
Emilie Monaghan chapter 3 . 2/8/2010
Home invasion huh. Well I guess I could review. I really liked your story. I felt like you had some good insights into what would be going on with those two. However I have to say I don't think you're done yet. This story should continue. You said that Sawyer and Charlie are part of the oceanic 6 and not claire. So where's Aaron? I think he would affect Charlie. And there is the return to the island to consider. You've created something really good and I hope to see more of it.
sk8r-grl chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
please continue! i really love this story! :)
andaere chapter 2 . 2/5/2010
Whoa. This is an extremely depressing story. But it's well-written and I like it. It helps that I enjoy reading 'fics about Charlie and Sawyer's relationship. And that I get some sort of sick pleasure from druggie!Charlie. :)

Again, this is really well-written. I could see every scene in my head, in precise, depressing detail. I liked your use of present tense as well. And the quote that's the basis of the title for this story is brilliant, and perfect for this 'fic. Or perhaps the 'fic is perfect for the quote.

I wish you would post the ending, even though I'm sure they all die. xD But thanks for giving us these two chapters, at least! :)
sk8r-grl chapter 2 . 1/1/2010
oh my goodness. i love this even though it's so sad and angsty!

please continue! i wanna know why they left claire and kate!
TheHornyVirgin chapter 2 . 8/13/2009
WOW! That was powerful! I loved it! I love the details, too. LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT!
Charlie's Heroine chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
Wow, so sad and dark...but I liked it! I wish these two had interacted more on the show.