Reviews for The Little Tramp Skates Again
animationiscool chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
This is the first one of your Little Tramp stories that I have read, and it is a great story. It was well written and very similar to Charlie Chaplin's Little Tramp silent films. I'm looking forward to reading more of your Little Tramp stories.
chill13 chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
The butcher shop, I can just see him pulling that stunt. He always was a sneaky little fink, nice but still sneaky. A girl, of course, there was always a girl. It'll come back to her I'm sure.

Is the little boy supposed to be Jackie Coogan? Even though it's not the same kid as The Kid I can't help but picture it as him. What a nice guy. Despite how poor he is he's always willing to share. Hee. It's great to see him on skates! He was amazing in Modern Times.

You capture the mood of Chaplin's pictures so perfectly that I can just see every expression, every pratfall, hear the music. Why, I can even see the soft flickering screen and the dust and scratches of the old film.

Awww. Poor guy. Just finds two friends and then get kicked out by mean ol' butler. And yes, I know that big bushy eyebrowed guy!

Good for him! Sticking up for the maid like that. Of course, we knew he would. Under all those ratty clothes he's a gentleman. The Butler got what he deserved but he isn't going to forget, will he?

What a dirty rotten trick! Looks like we've got another jerk on our hands. Well, at least even smashed good ol Charlie tries to do his job. FOOD FIGHT! Always good for a laugh. Why is a pie in the face so funny?

Poor Charlie. He never gets the girl. There was always a feeling of melancholy at the end as he goes off into the big world, alone again.

This is such an unusual but brilliant story. I generally have a hard time reading present tense but you did such a beautiful job I felt like I was right there in the theatre. Your use of music was so unique, but I've watched enough silent movies to know exactly what you were getting at. I just loved it all over!
02AngelBaby75 chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Sorry it took me so long to review this! :)

Charlie never ceases to amaze me. I realy think I love him more than anyone who's ever lived. And you write him so beautifully. I appreciate you putting in the music bits, made it easy to visualize. And how no character actually, 'talked,' was brilliant. I have a hard time with that, but you make it look so easy!

Just lovely :)