Reviews for Gay Sons of a Lesbian Mother
qws chapter 1 . 1/10
Hi! A couple of things I wanted to point out:
1. The U.S. Involvement in the Korean war ended in 1953 so it Logan and Victor couldn't have just come back from that conflict.
2. Regarding the civil rights movement, can you be more specific? Are people demonstrating? Holding sit-ins? The march on Washington wouldn't happen until '63, and most of the upheaval at that point was happening in the south. 1961 saw a flurry of activities such as the freedom rides, so I'm betting that they'd be discussing events like those.
3. The drug culture, hippie movement and protests against the Vietnam War wouldn't become widespread until the mid-60s. Summer of Love wouldn't happen until 1967 in San Francisco, and Woodstock would occur in 1969.
4. Since Logan and Victor's trip is central to the story, I would recommend shifting the time to mid-60s where this situation would be more likely.
5. Just out of curiosity, how did Victor catch his mother with another servant? Which servant was it? Would it be the kitchen maid or ad senior as the housekeeper? How did it make him feel? Back then homosexuality was seen as a grave sin, especially in the rural parts of countries (I'm assuming this is in Cold Lake, Alberta, or at least in the North-Western territories prior to absorption into the confederacy of Canada in 1870). This kind of thing could get you driven out of town, imprisoned, or, in some cases, death by mob.
4. I really liked the image of the golden thread tying Logan and Victor together.

Anyways, these are just suggestions coming from a history nerd, so take it as you like. Really enjoyed your story!
What chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
This was horrible...
WhiteChocolate123 chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
whoa. trippy. :) but i really liked it, especially the part about the golden thread. that was really cool! :D
justsimplymeagain chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
This story is a very entertaining, kind of fluffy despite the drugs XD

Great story!
PinkRangerV chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why we don't do drugs...;p