Reviews for The Things That Remain
Random Ruth chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
Oh, this is sad. Mary probably helped Dean with the card I just- *cries*
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
Awwww...and OWWWWW...great analogy with the coal and diamond. Great everything. Remarkable impact for so short a story.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Dean did save John as well as Sam. Without his sons JOhn could have been revenge crazier than even Gordon.
The North Wyn chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
*sniff* A very heart-rending and sweet piece. I love that last line. Good job!
Anne1013 chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
"Flames had seared passionate devotion into Dean’s soul, transforming sturdy coal of son’s affection into diamond-hard loyalty and love that the whole world could crack itself against without chipping."

Wow, if that doesn't sum Dean up in one nice sentence, I don't know what does.

Anne
Chronicles of an Insomniac chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
I love fics about John after the fire, but before he knew everything about everything supernatural. They give a kind of background to him that makes him more than just a drill sergeant. This one was good. I wish there had been a little more to it, but it was cute.

clumsybookgirl13
pocahontas chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
You have to go through the rough times to appreciate the good ones- even a card. Have YOU sent a card to anyone lately? It may be a treasure they would keep forever. Bless someone today.
Anjelicious chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
That was really sweet! I just wish that Sam had a chance to feel the coach and playmate in his dad.
adder574 chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
Dean was a steadying influence on both John and Sam.

You managed to get so much of John into such a few words, great job.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
That was brilliance in a drabble, B. Simple as that!
pocahontas chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
This one is a little bittersweet, but then most people's lives are. It all goes back to "everyone needs love", don't they. I feel like I understand John better on this end of his story. Thank goodness for his son...who can anchor John in ways no one else can. Now that's said, I'm ready for more!
CiZiwejes chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
This piece is so touching. I don't know why but it wrenched my heart to know John's thoughts on Dean. Sometime I just thought Dean took up the empty spaces Mary had left in John's heart. He had unconsciously replaced Mary's place as a mother for Sammy and a saviour for John (which you had perfectly pictured in the word Saving Grace there - loved it btw). As much as Sam reflected their mother, I think Dean was his mother's shadow.

Love your drabble here. A job well done! Your writings rock!
Liafrombrazil chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
It's true, Dean's love was John's saving grace. Thanks for putting it in such a gentle way. You're always amazing!
Musica Diabolos chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
Aw, very cute and perfect for Fathers day!
sweetysmart0505 chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
Yea, at that age, Dean's love for his father was probably diamond solid! Good job on this. Very emotional.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »