Reviews for Relieving Pressure
J loves JS chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
Ooh I really like this story. Well done. Maybe at some point you could add an extra scene with Bones taking care of Jim? If not, still a really good job.
elsa3beth chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
This was beautifully written, and your portrayal of Pike feels so natural! Bravo!
bowlfullofcherries chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
So good. Heavy. I really enjoyed this one. Thanks for the read.
Kiwee chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
Pike doesn't get nearly enough love, but this - this is about the best damn thing written from his perspective ever. The sense of hopelessness and relief, mixed with bitterness and anger, is so well done that it makes me breathless. This is exactly how I pictured him to react, and the way he interact with Jim is pure gold. Beautiful story!
Crysania Fay chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Very nice. Glad that you didn't kill off Gary. :P
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
Excellent story. I am a little surprised that Pike doesn't think Spock needs some looking after; given that he lost his mother and his planet and was upset enough to give Kirk the opening that the plot demanded, one would think Pike would give some thought to his former First Officer.

However, this was a good bit with Pike and Kirk (and the whole Gary Mitchell thing). And I'm glad that Kirk felt a few qualms about how he got to the captaincy over Spock; one wonders if he ever worried about such minor things in the other timeline. Well done.
graceandfire chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
I really like Pike's viewpoint of Kirk and their conversation in this story. Pike's noting the changes in Kirk and the changes in his own attitude towards the younger man. I also like the justification you come up with for why Kirk fired on the Romulan ship. Great story :)
madbrad chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
Very good, lots of insight and depth you're packing into these short stories, thank you!
Christina TM not signed in chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
Nice work, as usual. I hope you continue with these snippets-I really love them!
mlgm chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
Love these installments (and they make me hope to see more of Pike in the next movie). Pike is so gently helping Jim grow up and into the position of Captain. It's a wonderful relationship you've developed between the two of them.
Haiza Tyri chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
I'm loving this series.

And it's marvelous how you brought Number One into it.
Kitrona chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
Well-written, and all around good.
A J chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
Beautifully written, Jedi B, and very well put at the end. ("What are Captains for,") Catch ya on the flipside, A J.
Silver-ShadowSpark chapter 1 . 6/21/2009