Reviews for Fathers Day
Anon chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
THIS is the father Dean worships, loves, and emulates. Rightfully so. Dean is the man he is because of John (and Sam, and his own nature). There is no way John is the brutish lout implied in the series, especially 5.16 *blech!*

Perfect blend of sickSam, awesomeDean, and fatherlyJohn, without the saccharine goo. Many thanks!
Kiluca1228 chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
cute
Nana56 chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
Very nice fic. John really understood. I believe he wanted to be with his boys at times like that. He had more smarts in that regard than he's often given credit for.

Nicely done.
DontKnowMyName chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
Ah so ridiculously cute! I loved it! It's so true to the show too which is awesome. Great story! )
PADavis chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
I really liked this. Bittersweet, very much in character, no schmoop. Really well done.

Phoebe
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
Wonderful movie choice, 'Independence Day' - we always watch it on summer vacation every year.

Love how Dean knew something was bothering Sam and got his little brother to share with him about wanting to do something for their dad on Father's Day. I also liked the scene of Dean sharing his food with Sam.

I love how Dean was the one Sam asked for while he was sick.

I really like how you wrote John. He does love his boys, no matter what some people say and I'm glad John wanted to spend some time with them.

It was a cute touch, as Dean listened to the 'Impala rumble to life and then nothing. He made a mental note that she needed some work, the idle was off slightly.' Dean taking care of the Impala, she is family too.

I enjoyed reading your story.

Thanks! for sharing it with us.

Take care.
Phx chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
Very nicely done. and of course, I'm a sucker for sickSammy. A nice look at a Father's Day while keeping them all in character. Thanks for sharing!
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
Fantastic oneshot. I felt so bad for the bots when they thought John had left again, espcially Sammy since he had planned the surprise for his dad. At least John went out and found them, let the boys know he hadn't left. Poor little Sammy, spiking a temperature like that. At least they got it down.

I think what I liked about this most tho was that John relaized he's been gone too long from his boys and he didn't fight Dean with being told that he needed to stay-that it was important this time!

Definitely saving to favorites!