Reviews for Fabrications
Wonderful, wonderful story.
Vi-Violence chapter 3 . 8/30/2012
Scary.
AnonymousAspasia chapter 3 . 4/10/2012
Many of the theories about who could be related to whom in the Portal universe seem farfetched...or even worse, trivial and beside the point. This one feels emotionally real and seems logically plausible, partially because of your nicely understated prose. Excellent story.
Hijokugei chapter 3 . 5/31/2011
That was very very depressing. Not that it was bad, just that the whole way that everything is so very sad, between GLaDOS's coming about to Cave's death to Chell's escape (and how she's really killed herself, the monster), it all is depressing, but very well written.
last.one.leaving chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
More lovely stuff :3 You are a very talented writer indeed!

I really enjoyed the concepts in this one. I never would have come up with this kind of idea that the test subjects and the computer are sort of the same person, I find it fascinating how you came up with an idea so unusual and get it down so well. Great work :3
Justoo Rivyou chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
My my.. That was certainly something. I have to say, that was one of the best pieces of writing I've ever read, in terms of making me feel sad. I came in thinking "It's kinda short, I doubt it'll pan out to much at such a length" and I was wrong.

I am fairly certain that was one of the saddest things I've ever read. Or perhaps rather I should put it, it made me sad more than any other piece of writing I've ever seen. So much so that I refuse to read it again to get my thoughts about it in order, for fear of once again feeling sad about it. I generally try to avoid things that make me sad, and feel life in general.

This writing wasn't the best in entertainment value, in story, in writing - both scenes and dialogue. But what you've done exceptionally well is move me emotionally. I do not know if this was your intention, or even a possibility in your mind, but from my experience the other night I can say I was truly moved, in terms of sadness and emotion. For that I must say, good work Sir.

As for that experience, I was happily awaiting the release of Portal 2, and felt like searching for Fanfiction for portal 1. I stumbled across this story, read it, and as I'm sure you could guess felt dreadfully sad for a while. The sadness, the regrets of the man, the unintended betrayal of both the Father, and the Daughter. I think those things are what really got to me. Later on, when Portal 2 was actually out and I was playing it, I was having quite a good time, but even then I was reminded at one point of your story and the feelings hit me once again, tinted by the joy I was having from portal 2 as it was, it was still relatively strong.

That is all I can think to say about your story, and I apologize if it is unusually long. We're given so much slack to work with here, yet most often I see reviews at a mere 2 to 3 sentences long, and feel this is perhaps the norm of this site.

In the end, I was sad. Though being sad is always a negative feeling, I wouldn't go back and prevent my reading of this story. It was something great, in it's own way, and I would like to commend you for it.

In short: lloloo block of text1!1
Nixieneo chapter 3 . 2/4/2011
This story... needs more love.

Great work.
katzsoa chapter 3 . 1/16/2011
This is incredible. The idea of GLaDOS being the original Chell... She has a lot of motive for being the psychotic computer that she is. This was very, very well-written. Thank you.
Lugnut chapter 3 . 3/6/2010
This was a triumph.
kreepinprice chapter 3 . 3/5/2010
That was so cool! I love the way you wrote about GLaDOS's feelings.
The Mad Maiden chapter 3 . 8/16/2009
That was an extremely interesting story. The whole idea of Chell being the AI is one I never thought of. And you wrote it so well to.

Thanks, for such an awesome story!
Valid User Name chapter 3 . 8/13/2009
Very Good, interesting idea for Chell to drop the gun into the stream.
Valid User Name chapter 2 . 7/14/2009
Very, Very, Very Creepy, and surprisingly good!
Landing Failure chapter 2 . 7/14/2009
I'm glad to see that this fic hasn't been abandoned.

It's very well written, and you portray GLaDOS better than any other author I've seen. The chapter could have been longer, but honestly, I'm just glad to see an update.

It does bring a nice new perspective to Portal. I remember when I first played it, I didn't think much of the game's plot-it all just seemed like a huge joke, and it probably is. However, your fic... it actually makes me think, and now Portal isn't a huge joke to me anymore. You've made a difference in the world! How does that make you feel?

...uh, forget I said that.

Anyway, hopefully you will update again, so that this fic will not die so quickly...
Phyllis Joy Wolfe chapter 1 . 7/13/2009