Reviews for Dies Irae Day of Wrath
Kadge Rose-Feather chapter 4 . 7/13/2012
I can't tell you how amazing that was... Simply, utterly amazing.

I LOVED it. D: So much!
Rhae chapter 4 . 7/27/2009
Haha, I like that J actually got to blow them up before Bats stopped him. The end frustrated me though! Poor J (you know I'm messed up since I pity him over all those people he killed, lol). The fact that he was laughing in the end was a nice touch-it's definitely in character.
Tai-sensei chapter 4 . 7/26/2009
Yay for the joker. I'm glad he got to win this one. but damn batman for sending him back. you would think after what happened they would find somewhere else for him to go. Can't wait to see the sequel. Best wishes and good waves.
Jokerlady chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
Again, success.

Felicitaciones! (Congrats!)
4ofCups chapter 4 . 7/25/2009
Oh my GOD - he's back in Arkham? The ending was heartbreaking... how all he could do was laugh. I was wondering whether his illness would end up doing him in, making it easier for Batman to catch him.

I really liked how you detailed how his mind kept feeling the after-effects of all the medications he'd been on. It really infused a good dose a realism into your story. It's so boring when authors write him as invincible. You're great at underscoring just how human and flawed he actually is.

The idea of an apple corer - ack!

The back story for Jason Markus really made him seem all the more brutal. It's probably not that far off from a lot of people who actually do work in institutions.

The Joker's mental breakdown at the end was so sad. You'd think that Batman and Gordon would catch a clue as to the Joker's reticence to go back to Arkham... but no. :( At the end, I liked how Gordon had to coach the Batman off of the Joker... his attack on him was so brutal!

I can't wait for you to start the next installment - I know it will be fantastic, just like this one was!
Dilly Danny chapter 4 . 7/23/2009
Great story, great chapter great everything!

I was actually happy when he blew up the building, what is wrong with me? maybe he is just THAT sexy that everything he does fill me with joy.. and poor him too, going back into Arkham with bits of his past that started resurfacing (the shrinks will enjoy that for sure..).

Can't wait to read the sequel, I was really glad to see that there is one planned! Will we see old batsy even though the action takes place in the asylum? (Will he visit him to keep him from getting revenge on Jeremiah or prevent him from obsessing over harley for example, or just study him without being seen and try to figure him out?) In any case I know I would love to see him.

Also, that's an interesting idea for Harley Quinn that you have here.

Personnaly I love their relashionship as depicted in the comics by Dini and the animated serie (mostly because I think after a while he actually started to love her in his own twisted and creepy way even though he will never admit it) but a different take could be very amusing to see.

Will it be like in "the Joker blog" (look for it on youtube if you haven't seen it, the dialogues are great and it's really well played. Besides, the lead actor actually looks a bit like Heath!) where Mr.J is more obsessed about Harley than she is about him ? (but she won't take the first place in J's heart, not before Batsy, right?)

Wow, that was a long review, the longest I've ever written actually (you don't have to answer to all my questions don't worry).. Maybe I'm this way because Mask was one of the first fanfictions I readed and loved.

Keep writing!
Rhae chapter 3 . 7/22/2009
You're killing me here... I hope you mention on your LJ when you update this, because I HAVE to know what happens next! You've got my attention, and that's a hard thing to get from me. ;)
Rhae chapter 2 . 7/22/2009
I like where this is going. Your characterization of J is great and a pleasure to read. :D
Rhae chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Hee hee, I was cheering for J at the end! I know this makes me a sick fuck, but you already knew this about me... ;D
4ofCups chapter 3 . 6/27/2009
Holy cow - talk about revenge! He slices Sam up, and then detonates a cell phone shoved into the guy's mouth? Jeez, if that isn't payback, I don't know what is. Is it wrong to admit how much I enjoyed reading about that guy getting his comeuppance? :)

I like how you subtly began to hint at the Joker's impending sickness in the last chapter. Now it's apparent that something is very wrong with him, and he could be in serious trouble. The scars you describe are horrific. Bite marks? Jeez, I hadn't even considered that one... that's both a creative and frightening wound to give him. It really makes the reader wonder what he endured... clearly something worse than anyone knew.

I am eager to see where this is going to go - great suspense!
4ofCups chapter 2 . 6/27/2009
"He didn’t understand it. Why couldn’t he forget? His past was broken in his mind by vast stretches of blankness. He was good at blocking out things he didn’t want to remember. He didn’t even have to try. He was fortunate he still remembered the lessons learned through his pain, but damn it, if he had to dwell on the things that shaped him into the man he was then he would be insane." This was a fantastic way to summarize his past... one that leaves him with blanks as to the actual events that shaped him, with only the pain from what resulted to shape him. The fact that his horrific encounter with Andy won't leave his mind must be all the more jarring to him for this very reason.

The flashbacks that are surfacing are truly horrendous and heartbreaking.

I like how you reference the Joker's fall from the Pruitt Building; no "normal" person would possibly laugh while falling to their (presumed) death... only someone either "wired" wrong in the brain, or someone so demented that death is a welcomed release from life. This underscores just how renegade he is. I like how you have Gordon sympathize with him... until he gets home.

Wow, this was a good cliffhanger - I had no idea that he was going to kidnap Gordon and threaten him!
Tai-sensei chapter 3 . 6/26/2009
It's freaking amazing. Thank you so much for posting this. I LOVE IT SO MUCH! Best wishes and good waves.
4ofCups chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
Holy cow - thanks for the shout out! :D That just made my day - I am completely honored that this story is for me. Whoa. WHOA. That is incredibly flattering!

On to the review... one of the things that I really like about your stories and writing style is that you're not afraid to put the Joker into perilous situations, nor do you try to hide his frailties. Too many stories make him into something closer to the Terminator than to a man, but he's quite human. The physical toll he endured in the escape was very well narrated, and presented a good picture of just how dire his situation is. Just because he's out of Arkham doesn't mean he's out of danger.

Great detail in how the officers who arrested Paul Faulk actually congratulated him for his brutality against the Joker. It underscores just how hated a criminal he is, and the justification that Paul allowed himself to participate in the horrific "Andy" debacle.

The end of this chapter was truly chilling... how the Joker's composure flickered, and we see glimpses of the rage he's trying to hard to control... until he *doesn't* control it anymore. Woo hoo - revenge is about to be his!
kan chapter 3 . 6/25/2009
Love this story! And I like how you include Gordon in the plotline as well. As much as I love me some Batman and Joker, Gordon deserves respect too! :D Keep going!
Dilly Danny chapter 3 . 6/25/2009
Great chapter!

I love this story, keep writing.