Reviews for The Ugly Truth
carlycarter chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Really enjoyed this, you captured Mason beautifully.
Sylvan Tart chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
Nice short piece.
Veritas Found chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
I must comment on your note before I even comment on the fic, 'cause you had me giggling. I'm just like ya', hun; I always find out about shows/bands after they've ceased to be - or when they're years into it and I have a lot of catching up to do. xD (Though I must say: why is it us DLM ficcers always warn for language/drug use? It's DLM, for Pete's sake - and it had Mason. Shouldn't we all be used to it, or at least know the show/fandom well enough that it doesn't need to be there? I dunno - maybe it's just me.)

Anywho, I love your opening. Gorgeous lead-up, and I love this line: "He’s just Mason, he’s undead, and he sure as hell doesn’t get shit-faced drunk to drown out his failures in reaping or his sad, sad childhood. Or, at least, that is what he is accustomed to telling himself." And the last five sentences - good Lord, hun, that was gorgeous. Way to gut-punch.

You got Mason's character beautifully here - well, both Mason and George, honestly. Nice spin on the scenario, and gorgeous writing. Loved it to bits.
pinkminx chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
not bad, is there going to be a follow up? great to see you contributing to DLM section