Reviews for Rivers of Moonlight
DarkBlaziken chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
short and sweet.

OKay, not sweet per say, but you get my point. The abruptness of the ending somewhat fits this piece and i love the descriptions.( "crying out for mercy, screaming as they whirled erratically in a deathly dance, the water finally coming to extinguish them, a splash breaking the night.")

Yup. really great job! remind me to fave it when i remember to log in. really busy now bleh
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
Hello, Absol Master. :D

I've been meaning to give this a read for a long time, but I've been so distracted by other things lately that I'm only finding the time to read this now. I do apologize for my lateness, of course.

First, I really like your title. It's catchy and pretty, so that's good.

[merciless river of ice, a deep river of] Repetitive, a little, with "river" twice so close. It was probably intentional, but I personally think it's a bit much with the title having "Rivers" in it, too.

[It only hurt, deeper and deeper, the world drifting on around her while she remained stagnant in a sorrow she should never feel.] I like this line.

[Now her skill had been a curse] I don't really like the word "Now" there, as it sounds to present-ish to me. Maybe... "Her skill had been a curse", or "She deemed her skill a curse", or something.

This was, despite my little bits of nitpicking (because that's all that is, really), a wonderful piece of writing. Very emotional without being too personal, I think.

I'm sorry that I don't have more to say, I really am. I'm so tired, and generally just drained, but I wanted you to know that this was worth every moment it took you to write. Thank you for sharing!

Cheers,

-Manna
HellfireSupremacy chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
Beautifully done. I have nothing more to say on this one.
jordan114725 chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
I love this story. I really like the concepts of time and guilt that you used, and I can really feel what you wrote.
Subtle Insanity chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
This tugs at the heartstrings. The personification of time, the lingering regret of the 5th wing commander... You managed to convey them quite effectively.

Normally, I'd point out how it can be improved, but the delivery was carried out so beautifully that I'm at a loss for words.

This reflection of fallen heroes is definitely going to my Favorites.