Reviews for Woven
Alleycat23 chapter 31 . 8/17
nanaeleanor chapter 14 . 1/30
I have to agree with the most recent reviewers. Your writing is very good and I want to continue reading, but Anwen has become unbearable and unlikeable. Some of the other characters should be better at something than she. Having her be the master of everything is too unrealistic and I get annoyed now when they all continue to fawn over her skills and accomplishments. Especially Sirius. How often and how many times must he say how much he loves her and how wonderful she is. It's really OTT and detracts from the plot. We readers should decide if she's wonderful or not by her actions and choices, and not because the other characters have to keep telling us. Plus she herself seems completely self-absorbed. Every occurrence quickly becomes about her. I also thought it was weird to fuss over Ginny's experience in the Chamber and Anwen's emotional response while completely ignoring the fact that Harry fought a Basilisk and nearly died from its venom. No matter how hard you try to make this Anwen's story, because you are following the canon plot, it's really still Harry's journey. Also...way, way too much crying.
nanaeleanor chapter 28 . 1/31
My regard for Anwen has been spiraling downward for quite some time, but now I find her unbearable and unlikeable which is too bad considering the effort put into making us like her. Our esteem for any character should arise from that character's actions and choices and not because the writer makes the other characters tell us over and over again how wonderful she is. The way all the characters fawn over her and abdicate their power to her has finally resulted in making me start to dislike them too. It was a bad idea to make her the master of all skills rather than spread around the talent as would be natural. It makes the others seem weak and second-rate. This is disappointing since most of the readers were likely attracted to this story because we like the Marauders. Also...way, way too much crying. You show her as rather unstable and yet we are expected to accept that everyone depends on her expertise and judgement. She's dreadful.
RatticusPoirot chapter 19 . 3/30/2014
Oh, dear. This story started out wonderfully and is extremely well written. It's very interesting. And yet, I do have something to complain about... I truly dislike Anwen now. I adored her at first, but now it just seems like she's very self-centered. Everything is about her and she's the big guns, yet a huge target all the same. I find she's been written as more and more self-absorbed as the story goes on. While I respect the idea of this and am absolutely in love with it, I fear my dislike for the OC has ruined it for me so I won't read this anymore. But I shall read other things by you! You're a fantastic writer. Don't stop :) especially don't get discouraged by one opinion.
Reader chapter 13 . 10/19/2013
Leglimens is getting Into minds and occlumens is keeping Leglimens out. It's reversed in this chapter.
I3ozo chapter 48 . 6/27/2013
Loved the story so far, but Anwen is getting on my nerves. Not only does she seem unnecessarily powerful, with all of her extra abilities, she also seems to be the smartest person around. I get that characters should have individual talents, but she is better at everything than everyone, and she can do everything no-one else can. She is very condescending and and extreme control freak, and doesn't like people doing things according to her plan. As much as she argues with Dumbledore about his manipulations she's well on her way to becoming him.

Like this situation in Godrics Hollow, she's on his case about being reckless, although he had a perfectly good reason for wanting to go and and he and Hermione made the best of a bad situation. She treats everyone like a child incapable of making their own decisions.
noemi-fin chapter 51 . 4/18/2013
I started to read your stories a week ago and I honestly have to say I am very impressed of your writing skills and your imagination. I really enjoyed reading them :)
carick of hunter moon chapter 51 . 10/11/2012
all in all, this is a very well crafted story, with a good plot arc and a voice of it own, thank you for your hard work Carick
FirePhoenix86 chapter 51 . 8/6/2012
AWE! It's done! *sob* Loved it! Absolutely loved it! Cannot wait to start the next part. And OH MY GOD I want to know how Sirius fathered a Death Eater! At first I was wondering if perhaps Regulus was the father and she just put Sirius' name on the birth certificate...
FirePhoenix86 chapter 47 . 8/5/2012
This was heartbreaking! You captured the emotion of having to leave behind their children perfectly. My goodness I hope they can go back to them eventually... *sob*
FirePhoenix86 chapter 41 . 8/5/2012
I am so utterly addicted to this story! Like to the point that I looked at the chapter number and was like...Damn! Chapter 40?! I need to leave a review!

I seriously cried when Anwen held Hope and began to cry for her sister. Like, hard core crying jag. I've always said that a writer who can make me feel such strong emotion for a fictional character is truly a talented author. Exceptional!

Now I have to go eat something because I've actually been missing meals while I've been reading!
bookivore chapter 9 . 6/16/2012
One question/ quibble - the line in the story was 'If I didn't know better, I'd say something was being Imperioused' and it sort of left me wondering. I'm ignoring the 'something' for 'someone', figure it's a slip of the tongue. But, she's a crime analyst, the Imperious is not unknown, why would she immediately dismiss it? Wouldn't her mind immediately go to the most familiar option, however unlikely, and then the doubts/rejection/vacillation whatever comes in afterwards?

Anwen should have the opposite mindset to most standard Harry Potter characters: they are always it can't be happening, Hogwarts is safe, blah blah blah, but as someone who deals with crime all the time I'm sort of surprised that Anwen's first thought runs along the same lines.

Anyhow, I'm enjoying the story and like what you've done with the AU.
NewFanFictionFan chapter 51 . 12/8/2011
Overall a very enjoyable story.

You mentioned a 'voracious hug' by Molly. I don't know what word you intended to use, but 'voracious' is not correct. Dig out the Thesaurus and try again.

I'm looking forward to the next story in this series. Thank you for your hard work.

NewFanFictionFan chapter 47 . 12/8/2011
Only one spelling mistake in this one, about 45% down the page, the last line of the paragraph reads 'her face looking taught', should be 'her face looking taut'.
NewFanFictionFan chapter 46 . 12/8/2011

Sorry I haven't reviewred earlier.

Good characters, and plot development. I like your OC's and the way you have developed the AU plot. Good spelling and grammar.

There are a few typos that sneak through, and the occasional mistake. You consistently use 'loose' or 'loosing' when you mean 'lose' or 'losing'. That is all through both Bound and Woven. Tell your Beta to watch for that one when you re-write, he has missed it frequently in this edition.

Thank you for a very imaginative and entertaining story. I appreciate all the hard work it has taken you to create these stories. Best wishes for a healthy recovery from your illness.