Reviews for Woven
RatticusPoirot chapter 19 . 3/30
Oh, dear. This story started out wonderfully and is extremely well written. It's very interesting. And yet, I do have something to complain about... I truly dislike Anwen now. I adored her at first, but now it just seems like she's very self-centered. Everything is about her and she's the big guns, yet a huge target all the same. I find she's been written as more and more self-absorbed as the story goes on. While I respect the idea of this and am absolutely in love with it, I fear my dislike for the OC has ruined it for me so I won't read this anymore. But I shall read other things by you! You're a fantastic writer. Don't stop :) especially don't get discouraged by one opinion.
Reader chapter 13 . 10/19/2013
Leglimens is getting Into minds and occlumens is keeping Leglimens out. It's reversed in this chapter.
I3ozo chapter 48 . 6/27/2013
Loved the story so far, but Anwen is getting on my nerves. Not only does she seem unnecessarily powerful, with all of her extra abilities, she also seems to be the smartest person around. I get that characters should have individual talents, but she is better at everything than everyone, and she can do everything no-one else can. She is very condescending and and extreme control freak, and doesn't like people doing things according to her plan. As much as she argues with Dumbledore about his manipulations she's well on her way to becoming him.

Like this situation in Godrics Hollow, she's on his case about being reckless, although he had a perfectly good reason for wanting to go and and he and Hermione made the best of a bad situation. She treats everyone like a child incapable of making their own decisions.
noemi-fin chapter 51 . 4/18/2013
I started to read your stories a week ago and I honestly have to say I am very impressed of your writing skills and your imagination. I really enjoyed reading them :)
Greetings
baylee0honey
carick of hunter moon chapter 51 . 10/11/2012
all in all, this is a very well crafted story, with a good plot arc and a voice of it own, thank you for your hard work Carick
FirePhoenix86 chapter 51 . 8/6/2012
AWE! It's done! *sob* Loved it! Absolutely loved it! Cannot wait to start the next part. And OH MY GOD I want to know how Sirius fathered a Death Eater! At first I was wondering if perhaps Regulus was the father and she just put Sirius' name on the birth certificate...
FirePhoenix86 chapter 47 . 8/5/2012
This was heartbreaking! You captured the emotion of having to leave behind their children perfectly. My goodness I hope they can go back to them eventually... *sob*
FirePhoenix86 chapter 41 . 8/5/2012
I am so utterly addicted to this story! Like to the point that I looked at the chapter number and was like...Damn! Chapter 40?! I need to leave a review!

I seriously cried when Anwen held Hope and began to cry for her sister. Like, hard core crying jag. I've always said that a writer who can make me feel such strong emotion for a fictional character is truly a talented author. Exceptional!

Now I have to go eat something because I've actually been missing meals while I've been reading!
bookivore chapter 9 . 6/16/2012
One question/ quibble - the line in the story was 'If I didn't know better, I'd say something was being Imperioused' and it sort of left me wondering. I'm ignoring the 'something' for 'someone', figure it's a slip of the tongue. But, she's a crime analyst, the Imperious is not unknown, why would she immediately dismiss it? Wouldn't her mind immediately go to the most familiar option, however unlikely, and then the doubts/rejection/vacillation whatever comes in afterwards?

Anwen should have the opposite mindset to most standard Harry Potter characters: they are always it can't be happening, Hogwarts is safe, blah blah blah, but as someone who deals with crime all the time I'm sort of surprised that Anwen's first thought runs along the same lines.

Anyhow, I'm enjoying the story and like what you've done with the AU.
NewFanFictionFan chapter 51 . 12/8/2011
Overall a very enjoyable story.

You mentioned a 'voracious hug' by Molly. I don't know what word you intended to use, but 'voracious' is not correct. Dig out the Thesaurus and try again.

I'm looking forward to the next story in this series. Thank you for your hard work.

Carl
NewFanFictionFan chapter 47 . 12/8/2011
Only one spelling mistake in this one, about 45% down the page, the last line of the paragraph reads 'her face looking taught', should be 'her face looking taut'.
NewFanFictionFan chapter 46 . 12/8/2011
MNF:

Sorry I haven't reviewred earlier.

Good characters, and plot development. I like your OC's and the way you have developed the AU plot. Good spelling and grammar.

There are a few typos that sneak through, and the occasional mistake. You consistently use 'loose' or 'loosing' when you mean 'lose' or 'losing'. That is all through both Bound and Woven. Tell your Beta to watch for that one when you re-write, he has missed it frequently in this edition.

Thank you for a very imaginative and entertaining story. I appreciate all the hard work it has taken you to create these stories. Best wishes for a healthy recovery from your illness.

Carl
MiaCara chapter 51 . 8/25/2011
AWE and yay! Going to take sometime off and then read the next one.

So do continuum or knots go along with this story series?

By the way I am big on redemption and I love what you did with Reg and Snape.
MiaCara chapter 35 . 8/24/2011
Mutt,

Don't you ever do that to me again! My heart just broke, came back together and then broke again!

Now I'm gonna tell you now that if Remus and Tonks die in your stories you need to just go back and do a rewrite right now before I get there! That also goes for FRED!

Hugs, Mia
MiaCara chapter 17 . 8/23/2011
Can I just say that I love your Tonks! She is hilarious! I kiss on the first date, bha ha ha ha!