Reviews for Woven
BEN-Beyond the Elusive Nomads chapter 15 . 7/28/2009
Excelent job! I like how you tie canon in with your story, and I think you did a very good job!
HGRHfan35 chapter 15 . 7/28/2009
Hiya Mutt,

Wow, this started as such an up-beat chapter. Sirius teasing Remus about being a teacher (Remus does have the right disposition for it) and himself getting teased about never growing up (what's in a name). Loved how Harry was concerned for Ginny *swon* and his delight and giddyness about the Firebolt.

It turns a bit darker after that. Anwen's insecurities about being able to handle work, children and protecting her loved ones. Sirius' own fears of not being able to protect Ethan from 'the Rat'. Speaking of the Rat, what an original idea to have Crookshanks being able to 'talk' to Sirius. Nice move lady. But at times, I think all parents feel that way. In this day and age, is any place really safe? This world has become so volatile. But that's why we have the HP-verse, to escape the hectic world for a bit (or a lot :D)

Wonder what Harry's reaction will be to Remus' presence at Hogwarts and I'm curious to see in how far Crookshanks will be there for the other kids. I know you won't let anything happen to Ethan or any of the kids. You are a to good a person to do that! RIGHT? At least Ron can't accuse Crookshanks of trying to eat Scabbers anymore. LOL.

Entertain me darlin' and give me more. *please?*

HGRHfan35 chapter 14 . 7/27/2009
Preggers? I was right? *full blown Happy Dance going on here, despite limited floor space*

And that's why we have a seriously (pun intended) weepie and emotional Anwen in the house.

Love Tonks' remark but then again, I love all of Tonks.

Those Marauder boys really have their work cut out for them. Have to keep the Ladies safe (at least, they THINK they must), re-ward the houses to keep everyone safe and they (including Remus) have to get ladies any weird craving they might have. Like... uhm... huge scoops of any ice cream combined with huge gerkins and a nice salted herring afterwards? Pregnant woman are nuts but entitled to it, although I think they tend to misuse it when they like. LOL

Now we do get a huge deviation from canon because Peter was send to Azkaban instead of living as a Rat with the Weasleys. Is he more evil than he seemed in canon because Azkaban does tend to make you nutters. Will he ever show any remorse about what he did and the big question always remained for me...why? He had great friends but he betrayed them. On that note, Severus Snape, what about him. Will his loyalties still be with Dumbledore & Lily or has Anwen changed his attitude for the worst. He might not feel entitled to any remorse because Lily did not die in this story.

Do look forward to how you will adress all this and how you will do on my favourite, PoA. :D

Hugz, Collinda
Diana chapter 14 . 7/25/2009
I absolutely love both this story and bound! I haven't been able to tear myself away from reading until I finished as much as you have posted! I love all the thoughful gifts given in this series and the creative liberties you took when it comes to thus amazing magical world! I absolutely adore this take on the Harry potter books and seeing as Sirius has always been my favorite character I love reading about how his life could have been! I'm also a huge fan of the various symbols you use! They bring such a sweet and sentimental aspect to this fanfic. Thank you so much for writing such an amazing marauder story! )
HGRHfan35 chapter 13 . 7/23/2009
Wow Mutt, I can understand now why Peter found it hard. I found it hard, too! But I think you caught all the nuances quite well, from both sides.

I think I told you once that the chapter where Anwen get's violated was a very hard one to read due to personal cicumstances. This one was, too, but I'm so far from that girl I used to be that i't get's easier.

What you wrote, though, about the feeling of letting down your family and the dissapointment you 'think' you see in their eyes...that was spot on. I know that my Dad found it very hard that I was so jumpy and that he could not just take my arm or touch me from behind unexspectetly without me reacting quite violently, I was jumpin' all over the place. He would say "It's oké, I'm your Daddy" and I could see the hurt in his eyes *damn woman, you made me cry remembering* but I just couldn't help myself.

On a happier and funnier note, I did gave a client an elbow in the stomach once! I was unpacking in the shop and he came up behind me and put his hand on my shoulder. I started so badly that I gave him the elbow :D. He was quite scared of me but we still get along.

This was about 7 years after the assult and now it's been over 20 years (yes, I'm that old) but it took me 4 years to find help in the first place.

Wow, what a chapter and I'm curious to see if you will show anything of the conversation between Ginny & Harry and his reaction. He could be the turn around point for her.

HGRHfan35 chapter 12 . 7/20/2009
Awh Amy, That was a lovely chapter.

A house full of family can be quite the challenge but thank goodness, they've got plenty of space! Love how you intergrate muggle and wizarding life into one.

Well well, Anwen got the 'go ahead' by her Healer and of they went...she probably gave him her special tongue treatment! But the thing that really made me laugh my ass of was your next statement.

**Anyway, the Healer told me yesterday that I shouldn't be able to get pregnant again until I'm no longer breast feeding Ethan.**

My niece was told the same thing but she got pregnant again within 2 months after the birth of her daughter. LOL. Would be a blast if it happened to Anwen & Sirius. He could then boast about his 'Super Powered Swimmers' and thump his chest. My brother in law did that when he got my sis pregnant when the docters said that it should be months (was on the pil for a long time) and he got her preggers within 2 weeks!

Ginny, Poor Ginny. I feel like crying when I read about her predicament. She's so scared of what Tom will do to her or her friends (Harry)/family. JKR never told but I always had the feeling that he violated her more than we could imagine.

The chamber incident is closing in now and I'm excited to see how you will describe it.

Hugz, C

ps: Hope to get something nice in your mailbox by the end of the day.
Jess1900 chapter 12 . 7/19/2009
Love the story! :)
HGRHfan35 chapter 11 . 7/18/2009
Oh Mutt, this was amazingly beautiful and it brought a tear to my eyes.

Writing this from Sirius' vantage point was a very good and clever thing to do. Most writers would have written it from Anwen's p.o.v. but reading about labour pains...nah...not for me. Once 2 of my aunts described child birth to me and they said it felt like pushing a small watermelon or a rugby ball out of your 'you know what'. I was 23 and decided right there and then that, if they ever found a way, my 'hubby' would get to give childbirth and certainly NOT me! LOL

The way you described it all was just wonderful and you've done yourself proud. Your male friends & hubby sure were a great help in creating this chapter.

Tonks is really starting to fit in a bit, isn't she. REMUS, DO something. Open your eyes and realise that this girl is the one for you. She won't care about your furry little problem and she will make your life a better place to be. You can get something I'm still waiting for. MOVE MISTER WOLF!

So Ginny ditched the Dairy and of course Harry would be the one to find it. Now what, because it'll probably be like canon and Ginny will end up in the chamber once more and Everyone will beat theirselves up over it, especially Anwen, and Harry a bit, too.

Thanks for posting it today, I've waited for it and now I'm gonna take a long walk with my dog before it's starts pouring rain, again.
HGRHfan35 chapter 10 . 7/14/2009
Awh, Mutt, that was such a sweet chapter with seeking names for the baby. Seems you really put some research into that one.

Anwen's frustration at not being able to do some things anymore...How the heck will they manage when the last weeks arrive and the chance of not being able to have sex arrive...*grins evily* Surprised James' patronus didn't blush, finding them in bed! LOL

Harry, the parseltongue, yep it had to happen somehow and I hope the outcome will be good without hurting Ginny to much. Speaking of Ginny...glad that Sirius & Anwen are taking her away from school and hopefully leave that damned diary behind...no, that means that Harry would find it...so if she takes it along to canada, maybe Anwen will catch her writing in it and probably see the dark magic hanging around it.

Everything I mentioned is probably to predictable so something entirely else will happen alltogether. :D

You'll be asleep when I type this but I hope you had a wonderfull time at the cinema and with the bunch of 'gigglies' you had in your house for the sleepover. Hope you'll look better than Ghastly Ginny after this night.

I'm gonna keep myself reall busy today but I'll be waiting for your movie review. Even if it's only gonna be a reall loud SQUUE!

Happy Days to all & Hugz

ps: did you get MY lj updates?
HGRHfan35 chapter 9 . 7/12/2009
Hey my sweet Mutty, how are ya.

I was excited to come home and find the mail for this update. Lovely chapter by the way.

Poor Ginny, feeling so alone out there and no special friends to be with that are in Gryffindor with her. Damn.

I love the interaction between Anwen & Sirius so much. If your hubby was like that and still is...hold on to him!

Pup, that is such a GOOD one! So sweet! And this time Harry did not get a floppy arm because of that ponce Lockhart. *wipes brow*

I do wonder why Anwen doesn't see more difference in Ginny's magic, perhaps to see that her colour is slightly of?

So what will happen at Christmas, I do wonder. Ginny's staying at Hogwarts with her brothers but ...m...ya know...I don't think it mentioned anywhare that Ginny even has the diary but I think we are all just assuming that she has. It could be different.

On the subject of my sweet Remus, however...*Again I saw something pass between Lily and Anwen. These two are up to something, I wish I knew what it was.* Sirius...Remus is going DOWN! LOL...those ladies are matchmaking like crazy and I kinda expected Tonks to casually show up to join Remus whilst baby sitting. :D

Until next time, take care. Hugz. C

btw: Rub it in, why don't ya. I've got tickets to the midnight showing of HBP...showoff! ROFLOL

I've got patience enough to wait (no I don't) and my Goddaughter would probably fall asleep anyway (me too probably)
HGRHfan35 chapter 8 . 7/9/2009
Hey Mutt, thanks for a new chapter on a very rainy day. It's pouring, torrential rainfall. And I have to go walk the dog in about 15 minutes! Yikes.

I see in your A/N that you want to stir up my brain a bit so here we go:

1) canon-wise, it's either Remus and Tonks coming together, sooner than canon but together non the less. I think it's because this universe wentdifferently and Remus hasn't lost all of his friends in this one so he could be allowing hoimself to feel more real soon.

It could also be Ginny developing her love/crush for Harry, she spilled her porridge over him. m. Do my guesses still count.

2) non-canon-wise, Anwen's PREGGERS!It has to be! She's puking all over the place, want's to sleep a lot and looks tired and pale. Oh wait...those sympthomes could've been mine. *checking* nope, me not preggers, just feel bloated *wipes brow*

I love how you work in canon things without changing to much and it still fits the story.

May I ask how you perceive Anwen. How does she look like. Trying to see if I picture her in my mind like you do.

How's mum?

Hugz and greetings from your faithfull reader who will be attempting to wade through water in a few minutes! LOL
HGRHfan35 chapter 7 . 7/7/2009
Hiya Mutt,

I ate the blackpuddin' with my parents before I even knew what it was but now I pretend to be an austrich and stuff my head in the sand but I still eat the stuff sometimes with my mum or if I feel depressed and need comfy food. :)

Ginny's becoming quite an educated young lady and Harry might fall sooner and harder than anyone would think he could, himself especailly! Ya know, I never even thought about the damn Stone untill Winnie's talk with Minnie. LOL

So now that Sirius' quest for finding more relatives has reached a 'dead' end, (...has it really?...)it's safe for me to say that Eira will become involved with a Weasley Bro but which one. Bill should stay with Fleur, Charlie perhaps (he's so yummy) or intelectual Percy. Could be one of the Mischievous Twins because Ron...Hermione it is. Sigh...all the waiting...double sigh.

As for Anwen's fear of having a baby. This is just the point, isn't it. She's so bloody afraid of getting preggers that her mind is stopping her body. She really needs to let go but the question is ...how!

Wouldn't it be 'fun' to let Sirius & Anwen try out all kinds of obscure positions that are all 'old wives tales' to get pregnant?

Like elevating the foot-end of the bed to get a higher position for the lower body? Or...uhm...up-side-down sex? It would be a hoot and great black-mail material later on in life. Great way to embaress the kids as well!

Oh my...I'm in a nasty, but happy mood.

Thanks for posting and for me it was still on a tuesday anyway.

Do you have a live journal account? send me the link and then I'll be-friend you first and you get a request from me if you want to befriend me.

HGRHfan35 chapter 6 . 7/4/2009
Oh sure, Harry serves a nice quiet detention at night with Hagrid...and dying unicorns...oh and Voldyshorts! Yep, Dumbodore sure is keeping Harry real safe at Hogwarts...NOT!

I love how you describe the everyday, mundain life of the famous people of Wizarding brittain. Simply lovely my dear.

Still guessing on what part I got a point on last time but I guess it would be about Sirius and his family because Dumblydore is convening a council that hasn't come together in 15 years...(loved Anwen in Proff mode)...will Sirius finaly get some more information on other possible members of the Black family or will they, when found, try to take everything away from Sirius. Saying that they have more rights to the name and fortune.

Yep, mind's in 'Clue' overdrive.

Blackpudding...with apple and onion...on a slice of fresh baked bread. :D

Until next time, take care. C

Hugz
HGRHfan35 chapter 5 . 7/1/2009
Hello dearest Mutt, I see you had another reviewer! *yay* Here goes my monopoly position, hah!

Good chapter and again, at times, so recognizable. Like the baby pictures, it's one of the first things that a woman can show her future daughter-in-law (that was me) to embarres her son (boyfriend at time). She showed some cute 'bare bottom on rug' ones and some from when he was a little boy and had to have his foreskin removed, he wore a little box in his pj pants or else it would hurt him so much...I remember looking at his face and I could see him thinking " please ground, open up and swallow me whole" and his face was a nice shade of puce! :D

Will there be a meaning to the arc of Sirius trying to find some extended family and will they be trouble?

Eira will be a huge part in this story and I can't help wondering in what capacity and to whom you might link her...a Weasley boy?

What a way to start my day, thank you so much and my regards to your mum.

C
Isabel Godfrey chapter 4 . 6/28/2009
Hi!

I just wanted to drop a line to say that I've really enjoyed this new story so far as well as "Bound." I have greatly enjoyed the characterizations of all of the characters, canon and original. Anwen is easily one of my favourite OCs, mostly because I can relate to her. She really is very much like me. The plot line you have developed is very well thought out as well. The humor involved with Harry's Christmas gift to James was especially poignant, as it reminded me of the way my silly gifts to my mother were received. I hope you update very soon. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next! Thank you so much for sharing your talent.

Isabel Godfrey