Reviews for Aegis of Candlekeep
kaispan chapter 52 . 3/4
I really enjoyed how you handled all the relationships, especially Xzar slowly becoming more coherent/sane, as well as alluding to the mystery into what caused him to be that way (which is appropriately very sad and disturbing T_T).

Imoen being an arcane eidetic (cool concept! I liked how you explained spell learning) is an unexpected twist, and all of her interactions with Edwin progressed in quite a believable manner... I have to admit I had wondered a bit how you were going to pull that off hehe, but I find it all quite realistic, and I also must say I especially enjoyed how you write Edwin (makes me think I should go back and add in more fun insults with mine, aghh xD). His dialogue is amusing without being silly and I think you did quite well showcasing a slightly more sinister side to him (versus the canon caricature ;D).

Imoen and Montaron I really liked, too (before/during/after their romantic entanglement), and it also ended in a realistic/inevitable sort of way; I think you handled that quite well.

I never took Garrick or Branwen with me (and Xan only a bit)-or ever had any interest to-but you made them all seem worth a look and fit them into the party nicely.

The dialogue is always lively and represents everyone's personality really well, making the whole thing a pleasure to read just for the colorful (or downright explosive!) interactions; it's cool to see the results of such a mixed-alignment party and how they are affecting each others' growth, and I'm looking forward to continuing with the saga-great work! :)
StalwartShadow chapter 16 . 3/4
Well at least they were far better prepared this time! Would have been very unfortunate if they didn't make better plans this time and get ambushed in a tavern again.

"How about now?" "No." "How about now?" "No." "How about now?" "No."

Jaheira is going to lose her own sanity at this rate!

"How about now?" "No." "How about now?" "No." "How about now?" "No."

Eeeeeee! Minsc and Boo! I can't wait!

XD
kaispan chapter 24 . 3/2
aghhhhhh this chapter was perfect with Edwin, omg. and I just about died when Imoen revealed her strategy... at first I was laughing too hard to come up with anything good to say, and now I am just too tired (yay staying up too late reading ;D), but I really feel the need to 'thumbs-up' or 'like' it or something. (I can't believe you are handling such a sizable party so well, too, wow! it takes a lot to juggle that kind of cast without getting bogged down, and it is definitely staying entertaining. :D)
kaispan chapter 10 . 3/2
Haha love the group dynamics so far (and we haven't even gotten to Edwin/Dynaheir xD)! And extra amusing with Imoen bribing Montaron's tolerance level; seems like she figured out just how to handle him. You aren't hiding he and Xzar's 'evil' bent but are still making them believable travel companions without watering them down, which is no small feat.

Which is even more notable with Xzar, I think-you are doing a really great job making him entirely crazy yet likeable and dark but intriguing enough to see why Aegis might be drawn to him... the overlap of their interest with death in terms of his necromancy and how she is bearing the taint is also interesting.

I have to admit, I was pretty perplexed at first with the idea of a Xzar romance; I think he may be one of the unlikeliest characters ever, so that is quite impressive that you tackled it... I am sure it will be a lot of fun to see how that continues to develop, and not simply out of curiosity; it's a very entertaining premise but the interactions are all entertaining as well!
StalwartShadow chapter 14 . 3/1
Well it certainly is spookie that Xzar knows what Aegis is. Definitely feels like some bad things will happen from him.
StalwartShadow chapter 13 . 3/1
So it seems the plit thickens! Intresting that Gorion is given a chance at life but kept away from what he really wants. Always a price it seems.
StalwartShadow chapter 12 . 2/15
Oh silly madmen, they always have the most deadpan answers to the silliest questions. Too bad he's just as likely to eviscerate you than talk about the unblinking eyes everywhere. Poor Imoen's going to be traumatized when she finds out the truth!
StalwartShadow chapter 11 . 1/25
Well that wasn't totally unexpected, but Xzar's reaction to these horrifying situations are always spot on! Especially when he thought he bought her, had a good chuckle there.
Thimble chapter 52 . 1/6
That was great!
Thimble chapter 37 . 1/5
"your concern... at least as heart warming as they are bone chilling..."

Awww, Xzar's trying to be nice!
Thimble chapter 28 . 1/3
Oh, the flirting between Montaron and Imoen was great!
Thimble chapter 14 . 1/2
This is a really interesting story. Lots of flavour.

I like how you're making Xzar plausibly lovable, yet still someone it's really best to be wary of.

(Oh my, I hope everything turns out all right...)
Draggu chapter 38 . 12/14/2014
that mulahey balad was too good, nice work.
Draggu chapter 21 . 12/14/2014
im delighted to note that you have dredged through warcraft, well coated through neverwinter nights and now deep frying in BG. A lovely fried faerun fish! good one.
Draggu chapter 4 . 12/13/2014
Heya Kyn, Dint get a chance to get to your fic since you posted that update on truae, i like the tone of this one, i see you already finished it, but ill still post my comments anyways, its good to have you back.

Draggy