Reviews for Guardian
thunderincrimson chapter 4 . 6/27/2009
Ow can't wait to read more! update soon!
Monica St.Mungos chapter 4 . 6/26/2009
Must say, this is about the best of this type of story that I've seen so far. Harry's letter is maybe a little bit to emotional to seem authentic, bear in mind he is an adolescent boy and unlikely to express affection in this way. But I definitely agree with you portraits of Molly and Dumbledore!
WolfGirl75 chapter 4 . 6/26/2009
that was so cool. cant wait for more. update soon
DianaLynn0724 chapter 4 . 6/26/2009
Loved the chapter ! Finally Sirius can tell Harry wait to read more
Corwalch chapter 4 . 6/26/2009
I like what you have written so far. I love a seriously plotting Sirius and the fact that he is not blindly following Dumbles. I look forward to the next chapter most eagerly.
Allycatdq911 chapter 4 . 6/26/2009
Wow! I love this story! Hurry up and update, lol. Siriusly (haha, get it?) though, it's awesome!
awtr101fan chapter 4 . 6/26/2009
i just found this story on the fandom archive & thought i'd give it a read. & i'm really hooked after just reading the last chapter. the drama & suspense has me wanting more. i can't wait 2 c what padfoot tells harry. i luv the way ur painting dumbledore in this fic, same w/ ron/hermionie (especially having snuffles come up w/ the theory that they're basically riding harry's tailcoats). but i'm not 100 percent sure about how ur painting molly & remus. but i have 1 question? where does ginny fi in the picture? would she b 1 of very few people that sirius thinks would actually try 2 help harry or would he think that she'd b among the very many that would try 2 hurt him? just being a bit curious on that. same goes 4 the twins now that i think about it. neway, please update soon. i can't wait 2 read the next chapter. good luck & have a good 1 :)
alix33 chapter 4 . 6/26/2009
"The library was nothing like the dusty one in Hogwarts. The Black family library already had thousands of ancient tomes on magic. Sirius had made sure to add to that collection, the most recent advances in every field – Spell crafting, Warding, Healing, TechnoMagic, … every subject had at least a shelf of books dedicated to it. At the centre of the library, on a small table, was placed Sirius’ most recent addition – a computer. This was no ordinary Muggle computer, but an innovation from the field of TechnoMagic. Sirius had installed it weeks ago and a simple uploading spell had made it easy to find any book in his library." - Oh goody about the computer, since I have always been worried, when reading JKR's books, about whether Grimmauld Place's library has a catalogue, of any description! (Since I trained as a librarian originally at uni - or are you North American and call it "college"? - and was a newspaper librarian for six and a half years (August 1996 - March 2003) before the paper I worked for started retraining me as a sub editor (copy editor if you are North American) in April 2003, and I have since worked as a copy editor.) Mind you, I wonder the same thing about Hogwarts's library too.

"For once, he was glad that his family had been snooty enough to buy only self-updating books, even though they cost three times as much as ordinary versions." - Thank Merlin for the little bit of appreciation they seem to have had for the practical.

I liked the Sirius/Harry interaction in this chapter loads.
alix33 chapter 3 . 6/26/2009
But it was his last letter that had nearly moved Sirius to tears." - I just finished reading Harry's letter, and I too have tears in my eyes now.

"Molly bustling around the kitchen shooting orders to her kids and Hermione. She shot him a dark scowl as he entered the kitchen. She seemed to have decided that not speaking to him would make him feel guilty enough to apologise, but when that didn’t seem to be having the required effect, she had started passing snide remarks whenever he was within hearing. Really, if that woman kept it up, she would soon be competing with Snivellus for the snarkiest human alive." - Not a great deal of progression, IMO: As she is already, once again IMO, far more irritating than Severus Snape, vile bint!

"I don’t want you growing up into a lazy good-for-nothing like some people.” Molly snapped back." - Fuck off, Molly Weasley!

"He hastily scribbled a note and raced down to the first floor balcony where the Order had created a small owelry for the many owls the members had between them. He was about to attach the letter to one of the owls, when he decided that he needed to add one more line before sending it. “Please trust me.” - I think I like the tiny owlery (but the thing is, I think I will ike Hedwig's digs in the upper floors even more). I'm not sure whether Siruis's addition to the note was a good thing: What if Harry reads it and, after reading it, thinks Sirius is in league with prof. Dumbledore and Molly Weasley?
swanpride chapter 4 . 6/26/2009
I like it so far...there are some really good ideas (like not making Remus Sirius best friend again), although I really hope you wont make Ron and Hermione out too bad...they stand at Harry's site during really bad times after all. And I hope, you don't make Sirius too perfect...at the moment, he is doing everything right, if he keeps this up, he will end up being a unbearable Gary Stu.

I have two small grievances: The good relationship Sirius has with Kreacher came to fast and unmotivated. And you mentioned a wizard equvalent of Internet, but you did not really explain how it works (and if something like that existited, you would think, that Hermione would have discovered it by now).
HarnGin chapter 4 . 6/26/2009
Two chapters posted on the same day-yeah!

You've definitely gotten my attention. I can hardly wait to hear what Sirius has to tell Harry.

I look forward to the next chapter. Keep up the good work.
Carola-x chapter 4 . 6/26/2009
Great updates! I love that Harry and Sirius unite against Dumblydore! )
minerdude chapter 4 . 6/26/2009
Great story, one suggestion bring Ginny and the twins into Sirius' group- Ginny because of the diary does not trust Albus and knowsshe owes Harry a life debt and the twins because Harry is fronting the money for W and also is smart enough to see things are not right.
athenakitty chapter 4 . 6/26/2009
It would be funny to see Harry break away from his friends. It would be funny to see how far and if and when Sirius get Harry away from Dumbledore. I'm glad that Sirius is starting Harry to thinking on why things doesn't add up.
dougal74 chapter 3 . 6/26/2009