Reviews for A Symbol of Hope
sylia91 chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
Wow, I am really glad your friend convinced you to post this since it is amazing. Hope you are willing to write more since season 5 looks to have the brothers together again like we've always loved. Thanks for the fic!
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
That was really great. I love how you didn't hate Sam with this. Miss your writing so thanks for the treat.
liz chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
Though I must say i didnt notice the amulet when i first saw the scene i really loved the idea of your story. You captured both- sams and deans- character very well and i can't wait to read more of your storys ) I have to thank your friend for making you post this- after 9 hours of an exhousting travel this kind of made my day XD
lunasgathering39 chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
Why on earth would you think that could be totally awful? It is exactly what the show needed to give, but never did. You captured perfectly how the characters we've come to love would feel after that situation; the fear, the guilt, the hopelessness. And you gave it a small touch of hope that all is not lost. I really like how you used the necklace here too. I know you'll hear it from others as well, but I'm very glad your friend was able to finagle you into writing AND posting this. I wouldn't want to have missed such a great (and very sad) story.
annie200 chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
This was brilliantly done, because it puts the whole strangulation, which I found out of character for Sam, back into a different perspective. We only got to see his anger in the episode whereas you've filled in the missing grief and remorse.

Maybe you have some thoughts to share on the finale..not that i am hinting of course.

Seriously I hope the finale did inspire you, because at the end of WTLB I felt absolutely desolate and had virtually sworn off S5 and at the end of the finale I was awash with relief.

Hope you might decide to put just a little of that into words, but thank you for this anyway.
Brenny chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
Hey

I was really suprised to see that you posted a story ;)

But it was worth the wait! I'm usually not a big fan of stories that don't have any dialogue, because after a couple of paragraphs it tends to get boring, but well you're one of the few peoples I'm willing to make an exception *g*

I'm glad that your non-writing phase hasn't messed with your writing style and I didn't mind the no dialogue thing as your story is very strong even without it!

You wanna know what I think? You should listen to that friend of yours more often!

Love Jenny
staceycj chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
Oh gosh I missed your stuff. This was so beautiful, so perfect. I hadn't thought of that. I now have to go rewatch the episode. Man. Good job!
Muffy Morrigan chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
Lovely! I am so glad you decided to post this! It was just wonderful. I hope that there is hope now! And this was just a wonderful entry. I've read a few tags for this, but this one was just perfect.

Five lovely Impalas, all shiny with fresh wax and a new Iron Maiden tape blasting out of the speakers.
23 | « Prev Page 1 2