Reviews for Getting By
Guest chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
I can see this happening, she's too obsessed.

I never liked Rose, she was nothing, no one, without her doctor. Martha was brilliant by herself, she decided to leave when she noticed that The Doctor was a good man but a danger for everyone, Martha saw how dangerous he was and went with him to keep him safe from himself... I think all the companions have been strong before The Doctor, and just better after.

Rose is nothing without him; and the only reason she became something was because she was obsessed trying to find him, nothing more. She would have never done that if she had been on Martha's place. I'm not saying that she wasn't smart, she was, but she was more preoccupied trying to keep The Doctor for herself. And she was such a blonde, always trusting on her looks, jealous (almost as if she owned The Doctor) and shallow.

I think everyone loves her because she was the typical gorgeous blonde in need of assistance.

I ended up hating her, sorry.
MagicMaxxy chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
You've depressed me for the rest of the day.
Writless chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
Okay, that was rough. I liked Reinette well enough, just not when she was getting in the way of Rose and 10. So really, that killed me. :D

I'm one of those happy go lucky warm fuzzy endings kind of suckers. So while the logic part of my brain says, she went through all that trouble to get to the Doctor but she'll totally accept the substitute? Bullhockey.

The warm fuzzy part of me just DIED a little inside when he was like "Oh, em. I'm married."

NO! NONONO! He has to wait for her! They were meant to be! See, cause the Doctor can't settle down! THIS IS THE ONLY OPTION.

But I'm mostly just kidding, because this was another really great one shot from you. It had really exceptional tension in the beginning, that kind of lead you to expect the real reason Rose was there, trying to unburn that bridge. And then the 'don't know what you've got till it's gone' stamped down mighty cruel. It was great because it was so true to life. I really loved when Rose couldn't suck it up and shake her hand, because I totally wouldn't be able to. No matter how awkward or polite I should be. I would have ran, full tilt, back to my car. And I think you conveyed that awkwardness really well.
LadyNogs chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
I realize that this is an older fic, but I just wanted to let you know how much I thoroughly enjoyed it. :-) It's refreshing to read a perspective where everything isn't so happy-perfect-wonderful. You did an excellent job keeping the characters in character - flaws and all.

And I'm a shameless 10/Reinette shipper, too, so that doesn't hurt. :-)

Now to read all the rest of your work...
Bella-Macabre chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
I love this story. Great job!
Jaby chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
You are not alone. #shakes hand with another Reinette fan#

Anyhow, sad story, seeing Rose and the Doctor missing their shot at making a life together. But I agree - I just can't see Rose, as determined as she was at getting back to HER Doctor accept the 10.5-version and live with him as if he was the original. You version was very likely to happen.
timano chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
It's not a bad story at all-the twist at the end took me by surprise, but then, it was meant to...

9 out of 10 stars.
Ladey Jezzabella chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Wow! This was really sad, but really good!

watin77 chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
different! a very nice story.
loveislouder94 chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
This was very well written...

So sad, though! I really hope they make Rose and 10.5 happy...
123-321 chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
interesting! well done
Taylor Harkness chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
Nope, I'm not going to flame you. I hated Reinette, but this was a great fan-fiction. I loved it! Finally, someone showing that human!Doctor and Rose could never make it together. Bravo! Well done!

Keep on writing!
LimitedByCreativity chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
-grins like a cheshire cat and rubs hands, ready to flame~-

-fails miserably and joins Reinette-fanbase, armed with gun to fight teh haterss-

I must admit, I did not..HATE Reinette. Just Reinette/10

Reinette/10 - a-no no no!

Reinette minus 10 - a-yes yes yes!

*is a hyper-piper LOL*