Reviews for Promises Fulfilled
savannahamminga chapter 13 . 7/12/2012
LOVE THIS XD
Dark-Of-Moon chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
GenesisxYazoo are my favorite final Fantasy characters, this chapter is very well written and detailed. Nice work, I love the idea of your plot, very good! And genesis and Yazoo make a HOT sexy pair lol i really like this sotry so far :)
Guest chapter 2 . 4/17/2012
Sounds more like Sephiroth's Yazoo's father in your description.
Guest chapter 2 . 4/17/2012
Alcohol is bad as well as cigarettes.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
That is definitely one odd couple. Of Genesis and Yazoo. Haha.
OnexLostxSoul chapter 17 . 12/23/2010
Where to begin, where to begin. Shall we start with... the opening scene? ;D If I had the brain capacity to comment on every spectacular scene in this story, I don't think I'd be able to shove my commentary into this tiny review box. However, it's been a long time since I've read an opening scene to a story that's as effective as yours is. The opening scene is arguably the most important aspect in drawing the reader in, and you absolutely aced it.

Loz's voice message and Yazoo's reaction compels the reader and grounds your authorial legitimacy in a number of ways. You added in a hint of amusement and suspense, solidifying your masterful style. You establish spot-on characterization, you present the the reader with the intriguing circumstances of the remnants, and you cement the brothers' relationship with one another. Yazoo's absolute willingness to rescue Loz is such a vital aspect of their representation; you depict their devotion to one another in such a realistic way, and that power sucks the reader in.

Characterization, as always, is a major element of success. Genesis' pride and fiery attitude were simply golden. Kadaj displayed a humorous mixture of insolence and endearing protectiveness over his brothers. Loz's crybaby tendencies and hilarious interludes while high on meds was lovely cushioning for the story. Yazoo was extremely well represented, a balance of rationality and emotional upheaval when pushed to the brink of loss. You clearly portray him as someone who has only recently understood what it means to be human. Even Rude's brief appearances are character-defining:

"Because contrary to popular believe, I am not an asshole." XD

Rude's interactions with Loz were golden. Yazoo and Genesis' relationship was saturated with chemistry from their very first conversation. Their arguments are so incredibly befitting, as neither has a stable past in the realm of emotions and relationships. The dynamics of Kadaj and Rufus' relationship, especially when compared with that of Genesis and Yazoo, reflected their personalities extremely well. (That's a consistent achievement of yours, depicting relationships in the context of the characters involved. It sounds like a fundamental idea, but so many authors lack what you have succeeded in accomplishing to the utmost degree.)

Stylistically, a wonderful story. The description you evoked during passages such as the Gold Saucer bloodshed scene made me cheer. The pacing of the narrative I felt was phenomenal; there was never a dull moment.

Plot-wise this story is extremely well structured. Every element from the antagonist, to Genesis' multi-dimensional layers of heroism, to Sephiroth's reintroduction were all carried out with extraordinary skill. I was thoroughly impressed. You've proven yourself capable of fantastic creativity on all elemental levels.

OnexLostxSoul congratulates you!
BMIK chapter 17 . 9/5/2010
Gah, sorry it tok me so long to review, I had to go back and read a few of the previous chapters to get back into the game XD It was sweet to see how anxious Kadaj was about seeing Lu *gushes* And Yazoo and Gen are still so wonderful together

"Sephiroth, I discovered something while I was in town that we do not do on my planet."The alien almost sounded excited. "I witnessed two people having sex. I searched my genetic memory, and while many have done it, and I now understand the concept, I have never experienced it. It is not how we procreate. So, I have decided that I will share this experience with you." - You have no idea what that little speech did to me XDDD Hilarious, simly brilliant! Sephiroth must be one hapy camper now, poor thing XDD
VioletStar98 chapter 17 . 9/5/2010
Aww... really sucks that you aren't continuing Power Play. Mainly because I want to know how Tseng felt about Lazard's death, since he did come to care for him.
chance969 chapter 17 . 8/30/2010
Wow, I really enjoyed Kadaj all unsure and hesitant with his granny, it was sweet.

And I loved the effort for poor Gen to be nice to the brat, and that they are becoming closer is a wonderful direction.

Now, the conversation the boys had in front of Lucrecia was a hoot.

I would be so pissed off if I was in a room full of these hot guys, all talking about the great sex that they have had with each other, and I didn't stand a chance for a look in.

I don't blame her for leaving.

Oh poor Sephy, suck it up cup-cake, get ready for some alien lovens.

Hope it stings like a bitch.

Really loved this chapter Alex. as usual you went into great detail and I loved Dajy's more loving nature, But.

I still reakon he can do the best tantrum chucking on the planet, and I love the innocent mood he is in one minute, to the *all hell breaks loose cause Daj is having a hissy fit* the next.

typical teenager.

Great chapter and looking forward to the next.

Hugs Chance
Requiem's-Razor chapter 17 . 8/26/2010
Sorry to hear about 'Power' but I'm glad you're going to continue this one, even if you think the chars are OC. Truly it's been so long that I've read story from the beginning I can't remember. Regardless I enjoy the story and from the chaps I do remember, I'm not seeing a bunch of OCness. Course maybe we have different views on the chars personalities. 8P

Poor Gen. Gives taking one for the team a whole new meaning. Honestly I like the chars personalities but that's just me. We've talked a little about it though.

The scene towards the end, with Seph... longing?... for Gen, hating and loving him, I thought that was beautiful. I hate to see them so torn apart.

Morax and Seph? Frightening and disturbing. You do NOT wanna know the visuals I got with tenticals. LMAO XD
Madisuzy chapter 17 . 8/24/2010
Hey Alex! Great to see another chapter up. I loved Kadaj in this one... so wanting a motherly figure in his life. Genesis is being so brave and ouch! Poor thing, that needle in the back must of fukcing hurt! I'm sure yaz will kiss it better though... lol.

I laughed out loud at Rufus mentioning Genesis taking Tseng's virginity (power play RIP... will be missed) and at kadaj asking about watching Rufus and Genesis together. I can't wait to see what's gonna happen with Sephiroth and everyone else. *hugs*
NoLongerActive11111 chapter 17 . 8/24/2010
I clicked the alert link, read your A/N and felt guilty. Okey. Not much. :D Since it was me, who dragged you into 'Sephy-obsession' game. But he is just damned to outshine everyone else. Besides Gen. Although at times Sephiroth outshines even him.

On the other hand - in case I ever forgot to tell you - that discussion did change my views on Genesis as well. And I'd be damned if I didn't discover some new curves of Seph's character. He is just... endlessly complex and quirky (especially if given an unhealthy amount of thought _).

But I remember first time I wrote for this fandom; after a few months I could not write anyone besides Seph and Gen as main focus. So I can relate for being bored with a character and it kind of sucks a lot. Which made me remember:

Seph: too bad about the alien.

Ok. I am dying from laughter, writing it.

Waiting for CbV and EN.

Yours,

~Nephilim.
sspuffinstuff chapter 17 . 8/24/2010
Poor Gen, a needle in the spine. It must have been real comforting to go through all those painful memories before and even more painful procedure. Good thing Yaz was there for him. I can only imagine what's going to happen now that they feel Sephiroth. Yaz was insecure before, how is he going to feel now.

On a lighter note, I love how they were talking about their physical relationships right in front of Lucrecia making her uncomfortable. LOL
Soyna chapter 17 . 8/24/2010
Oh!

What a conversation to have in front of Lucreica.

Lovely chapter. The Remnants are so insecure with their lovers... and Sephiroth coming into the picture like that.

Sephiroth may be in for a bit of a surprise... eeww.

Lovely addition and the story.

It don't think things have ventured to far. Peoples motivations do change over time and sometimes they do lose focus on why they were orginally doing what they were doing.

Um.

What else is there to say. Your writing is awesomeness and I am glad you are continuing to write and this fandom still amuses you.
natzilla chapter 17 . 8/24/2010
yes indeed, it has been a long time. So I had to read the previous chapter all over again, going through Yaz as a dominatrix, feathers flying all over the place, you name it.. It was fun tho ! XDDDDDDD

and this chapter starts in style :

Kadaj : "'what if I'm nothing more than a poor little remnant to her?'"

awwwwwwwwww ! Alex ! LOL ! Now I have visions of Kaddie sitting on a street corner, with a little banjo and singing : Im just a poor wittle remnant ! :P (he could be selling matches too.. and it would be winter and he would be cold and.. Ok, I stop !)

Poor Lucrecia, having to hear that conversation at the hospital.. talk about a fucked up family ! :D

And poor GenGen :( You love torturing, dont you ? pulling out his feathers, and then shoving big needles down his spine..

"and Morax seemed to be digesting all the people he had...eaten?" Gross ! LOL ! with the occasional burp ? :D

Yes, Seph, what the fuck are you doing with Morax anyway ? and now, he just discovered sex ! ROFL !

Morax and Seph ! couple of the year !