Reviews for The Ugly Little Boy
Blithesome chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
Oh, I really thought that the story was about Lily and Snape until the last line, that was great! And somehow, these few lines and the author's note were an eye-opener. I think that I can see things more from Petunia's and Vernon's perspective now, although I'd still need to read more to truly understand them as characters... Since this drabble was so well thought out, I'm definitely going to check out some of the essays on your website
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Wow. I never saw it like that until you pointed it out...
Lucy chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
I usually hate Vernon Dursley.. but this is very sweet; I really love this characterization.
Mafer Potter chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
This is the kind of little tiny stories I like to read. I'm sick of people who hate Lily, but I'm also sick of people who have her on a pedestal.

I like this story because we see Lily as Petunia saw her... As a not-so-loyal friend.

She being like that it's not pad per se, but it sucks people try to turn that around and throw all the blame to Severus.

Also, it's refreshing to read some Dursley's fic when they're portrated as actual people, you know?

It's good to find an author who's not so biased towards them.

Kudos to you!
Everlasting Dawn of Eternity chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Sad and brilliant.
Melitot Proud Eye chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
...The last line killed me.

I'm no Petunia fan, but you managed to open a whole new (head)canon for me, so: thank you. A truly magnificent drabble, with heart-breaking similarities between two (and two others, yes) characters I always saw as very different.
Dearlady2002 chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
I've never thought much about the Dursleys, but I think you might be right. Puts a new spin on them for me now..
Smileyfaceofevil chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
Wow. This is potentially the most deep piece of work I have read on here and also one of the shortest.

It's truly amazing and just the right length.
Heathersmoke chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
I'm a sucker for Petunia/Vernon, and this was just perfect. I love how you characterise his home life, of which I got a similar impression. No wonder both want to make sure Dudley has a happy life later!

Thank you for this.
Espied7 chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
Aw, this is cute. I hadn't considered that before.
lunafish chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
Wow, this story just sent my head spinning. I'm impressed by how much you say with so few words!
TheOneThatOnceWas chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
"but Petunia, in the end, was more loyal than her sister."

Imaginative in so few words. Snape would get a kick out of it.
Elsa2 chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Lovely - two unsympathetic characters get sympathy, and totally played on my expectations it would be about Lily and Severus. Suggests Petunia wasn't the only judgmental one in the family.
Aperio chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
Very well done.
Kirinin chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
I enjoyed this wee drabble. Good last line. :)

-K