Reviews for The Ugly Little Boy
lunafish chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
Wow, this story just sent my head spinning. I'm impressed by how much you say with so few words!
TheOneThatOnceWas chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
"but Petunia, in the end, was more loyal than her sister."

Imaginative in so few words. Snape would get a kick out of it.
Elsa2 chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Lovely - two unsympathetic characters get sympathy, and totally played on my expectations it would be about Lily and Severus. Suggests Petunia wasn't the only judgmental one in the family.
AccountTakenOff chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
Very well done.
Kirinin chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
I enjoyed this wee drabble. Good last line. :)

-K
SammyQuill chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
Very artfully done. At first I thought you were referring to Lily and Severus with the whole "they'd be friends forever". But yes, I completely agree about Lily's lack of loyalty. Funnily enough i actually spent some time hating her after DH (yes, hating a fictional character).

And I took at look at your bio, if you're really looking for good Severus centric fics, may I suggest you check out the works of Elmindreda on DungeonLight. I hold her in extremely high regard.

Well done on this piece, reminds me of when I used to write 100 worders. :)

Sammy
Cyber Raspberry chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
The first word that came to my mind when I read this was "clever." It really is, especially since I hadn't looked at the pairing and I thought it was going to be about Lily and Snape, and then it wasn't... but was, kind of. I liked it, and it made me think. A very interesting parallel. I don't normally read drabbles because they're just too short for me, but this was honestly exceptional and shows you don't always need a lot of words to say a lot... if that makes sense.
Arinus chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
I like this, because it presented me with a viewpoint that I'm not used to seeing. Petunia Dursley strikes me as one of the characters that fanfiction forgot. For a drabble this really establishes a humanity in P & V that I think most readers/writers gloss over in using them only as accessory characters.
kayly silverstorm chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
It's beautiful. I never saw Vernon that way, but your explanation makes sense and the comparison of the sisters gives a perspective I neve rhad before. Thank you.
TheWickedRainbow chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
I like this one; it's really sweet and shows another side of Petunia

Very well written, good job
duj chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
This one reminds me of your Hagrid/Salazar parallel; equally unexpected and true. And the last line is *so* right.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
Oh, my, yes. And Petunia was far more loyal than Lily ever was.
godwit chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
Nice little twist! And a nice little jab to Lily... ;-)

I find it very likely that Vernon came from a violent home. I like the way you give Petunia the characteristics of being understanding, forgiving and loyal, but I can't help thinking that she maybe was all this in the wrong way in the end, as she never seems to oppose Vernon's behaviour. But then it's hard to tell, as the Dursleys aren't more than parodies in the books. It's nice to read fanfiction that depict them as human beings.
Emily Waters chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
Gah ! this unnerved me so much. Probably because I suspect that you might be right...
Mooncat4 chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
Ooh, nice one! Kind of scary to think that Petunia would be more loyal than Lily, but I think you're right. She certainly stood by Vernon later on in life. Good stuff, ma'am! Cat
41 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »