Reviews for Dead Chessmen
Swallow B chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
I am not sure the reasons were different. Just different sides of the same reason.

Live chessmen are quite symbolic when you stop to think of it, then of who was good at wizard chess and who wasn't. Thought provoking piece, not as straightforward as it seems on first reading. It makes me think again about my choice to call Millicent's cat 'Checkmate'.

Favourite line : 'War was such a waste of life.'
RavenEcho chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Quite fascinating and insightful. I like that you use less 'common' characters here, rather than the 'standard' few.
Bruteaous chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
You know you're getting better these days, you know? Doesn't surprise me really.

Your style has always been good. It's not hard to tell that you read a lot, but you are able to use the the writing cues that you're always understood and put them into a distinct but well known and easily readable style.

This is a nice little foreray into the world of Harry Potter without Harry (which is a tad bit more interesting I have to say).

Good work, genuius, ;)

-Bruteaous-
Different Child chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
I like it. Very sophisticated air to it because it's chess and very relaxed feel also because they're two kids playing a game. But then you have the tense feeling of war coming. I like the ending. It's a very good fic my dear. It's not too short though I always like longer things. Hehe. But it's not so long as to make people say UGH. Hehe. I like it. It makes a commentary on today's muggle world as well. _

Love ya babe.