Reviews for Their Son
SiriusFan13 chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
Oh, excellent concept. I've always thought of Yahiko as more of a son to Kenshin (and Kaoru) than Kenji. Probably because of the Reflections OVA (I acknowledge it, though only parts. I like certain aspects and think they were way off base in others... but I'll leave that rant for another day:P). Anyway, you hit one point I really like. Even ignoring Reflections, I think it would wind up something like this, sad to say. Kenji will never truly know his father as he was before he gave up the sword. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it gives Yahiko an edge that Kenji won't have. I like how you address that point here.

Very nice job.

Sirius:)
Madam RinRin chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Wow...

I don't know what else to say. It truly is amazingly deep. I love the subtle, not overly dramatic emotion. It had just enough, and when I read the last line. My one thought was, "Oh no..." and I instantly felt for Kenji's character. Amazing job, deserves more reviews :)
Everlasting Hope chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Wow... I really liked this fanfic... Especially the last two lines which are very true... Well done :D
Seravia chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
That last line brought tears to my eyes. I've never like Seisouhen, but you use it to show Kenji's feelings so well.

He's felt like the odd one out even thought both his parents love him. There's a part of Kenshin and Kaoru's lives that Kenji can't understand because he didn't experience it. But it is that very thing that makes Yahiko their son and not Kenji. That was beautifully written.

RHRF
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
I don't like "Reflections" but I do like how you caught Kenji's thoughts about his role vs. Yahiko's in the Himura family. I especially liked the bittersweetness of the last lines.
Raberba girl chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
Wow. Great sequel to the only scene of the OVAs I liked. Kenji's frustration and conflicted feelings are expressed well, and I REALLY like the last line. Yahiko, growing up with Kenshin and Kaoru, really did become their surrogate son in a lot of ways. Though I'm sure things will change for Kenji once he matures a bit.
jblockk chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
Well done, this one-shot really has a good idea behind it. Kenshin and Kaoru did raise Yahiko and, based on the OVA's, he appreciates them both a lot more than Kenji does.

The last line was perfect.