Reviews for Little Healer Boy
NeoAlucard25 chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
This story was done really well! I enjoyed how you wrote the story though Toma's point of View but was still able to make it feel like Faulklin was the main character.

Faulklin's so adorable, he shouldn't have nightmares. Any chance you'll make a sequel to explain what the nightmares are about and why Ami Girl's acting crueler than usual? Cause I'd love to read it!
There Was A Silence chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
Aw, that was so adorable and sweet! I absolutely loved it. Faulklin is so cute, he's my favorite! This is the first fanfic I've read of Shining Force Exa, and I must say it was amazing. Great job! XD

~Silence

ps- I love the game, and I was wondering if there's an anime or manga of it anywhere?
Martin III chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
I haven't played Shining Force Exa, but this fic deserves a review, since right now it's the only decent SF Exa fic around(there used to be another, but the author deleted it for some reason).

Let's get the problems out of the way first. You should break up your paragraphs more; some of them feel long and rambling. It's not bad, but it could be better. Also, the part after the second comma in "However, he was not ready to deal with that subject just yet, especially since Toma knew Cyrille would never intentionally harm their child" is out-of-place, because it's not a reason why Toma's "not ready to deal with that subject". It's a reason why he's comfortable with not dealing with it yet.

Other than that, your writing is solid and confident, moving at a good pace without babbling or laying on too much description. The way the characters move, talk, and relate to each other all feels very natural. I especially like the moment between Toma, Cyrille, and their baby. The way you capture their closeness is lovely.

This is a nice quickie story overall. There's no clear point to it(though I might be missing something on account of not having played the game), but it's a solid and convincing slice of characterization that makes you feel close to the characters - even when the reader has never really encountered them before.