Reviews for Sixteen Going on Seventeen
winters palace chapter 7 . 6/4/2014
It was sweet and so cute
ilovemanicures chapter 7 . 1/13/2012
So before I started reading this, I -as I always do before reading any of your work- checked the timeline to see where this played out. But was kind of annoyed to find out there were installments to the series that appenrently I hadn't read yet. So I believe I've been reading off your website for, two days? I'm not entirely sure.

But the point is, is that I've read SO many FF' from you that now my reviews are all jumbled up and I can't really distinguish which scenes belong to which story... ;

But I do remember feeling REALLY emotional while reading this particular installment. I honestly feel like a dumb ass for how attached I get to the stories I find most awesome and this is by far one of my favorite series. Ever.

I was suprised you didn't write a prom scene for the two graduates at first, but then I remembered how you technically did that in, Taboo? I think...?

Either way, I loved how you made all the characters handle themselves and each other throughout this. Noa' car choice, Mokuba and he being SO close to the "legal age" of doing stuff, and most importantly, Seto' take on it all and how everything made him look back on his own life.

I really and truly am capable of saying that I am extremely impressed with how you portrayed everything and everyone. Your writting is truly amazing and you are the only person I know who is able to make Prideshipping hilarious and serious all at the same time.

I'm looking forward to reading more from you in the future. Be it apart of the Kai-baby and Yami-kins series, or something completely different. I trust it'll be just as spectacular as what I've read so far.

I do hope you realize that you've gained an obbsessed fan-girl lol ;D
Star Fantasy Writer chapter 7 . 10/18/2011
I don't think Seto could have been any more proud of his little brothers than at the ceremony. It only makes me remember my ceremony and how big it was to the whole community that the next year graduates have come and gone!

*cookies and cookies*
mofalle chapter 7 . 10/13/2011
a wonderful ending, to this fic. I was misty eyed while reading it. I think you did a great job of capturing Seto's regret for never finishing school and his happiness for his brothers. I also like that Seto was playing with Jou's little girl. I forget which fic she was born in. I loved how the gang didn't really know how to hold an infant and Seto not only knew but had the gentle sway down too. It was nice to see Isono present. He's one of my favorite side characters. I found it funny that not even Yami knew Isono's schedule. Thank you for the wonderful fic, it made me look forward to my nieces graduating HS in two years.
Nenya85 chapter 7 . 10/8/2011
This was a really nice balance of funny and kind of wistful. The part with Isono was really funny – I’m now picturing him with a drawer of unused KC giveaway clothes – baseball caps, sweatshirts, fleece vests, varsity-style jackets – all with a big KC on them! And I liked the way he and Kaiba are basically ignoring each other – and both not only comfortable with that, but totally oblivious of how uncomfortable it’s making everyone else (lol).

Kaiba’s thoughts on high school made me want to hug him – even at the risk of losing an arm. Because you know that all the things that he was saying he didn’t want – friends, games, hanging out – are all the things he can’t, even now, admit to wanting and all the things he both needed and missed out on at the time. And I liked the reminder that being called a drop-out is nothing new to Kaiba, that (especially when he was a little younger) it’s probably most business people’s go to insult for him and way of trying to dismiss or belittle him.

I thought the later scene where Mokuba thanks him tied in really well, because Mokuba probably thinks of this as their graduation, not just as his, and a way of doing the things Kaiba never got a chance to – or was too damaged for – for the both of them.

And I liked seeing this glimpse of Yami in full parental mode, really making Mokuba and Noa stop and think about what they wanted. I also like that he focused on Noa, because Noa often thinks about what Mokuba would want rather than what he himself would, and I like the way Yami consistently tries to let him know that he’s valued and not just as a KC Vice President or as Mokuba’s boyfriend, but for himself and that his needs and wants matter.
dragonlady222 chapter 7 . 10/7/2011
Seto seems like he is a little bit sorry he didn't graduate and go to college. But in all, he is pretty happy with hislife and relationship.
Nyeh chapter 6 . 9/3/2011
More stories of Noah being... eh, bad-arse/insane. Please? :DDDD
Guest chapter 6 . 7/31/2011
Sorry this is so late! It was interesting to see the Kaiba brothers from an outsider’s perspective. It’s easy to focus on the ways that they are different when you know them and are looking at them closely, so I liked the way the principal saw them as cut from the same cloth because it was a reminder of their similarities as well of being a vivid reminder of how Seto would have appeared when he first enrolled in Domino HS. I loved the image of him arriving in a limo flanked by bodyguards.

I liked the part with Mokuba and Yami, especially the part about Yami being okay with being the power behind the throne rather than the one sitting on it; it’s ironic when you contrast that to his previous existence as a pharaoh.

The line about Domino being a school without a reputation for academic excellence cracked me up because it was so on target and giving Seto’s (ahem) tolerance for mediocrity, I could just see him grumbling that to himself – or rather Yami.

It was kind of poignant that neither Yami nor Seto were sure how to answer the question: is high school really such a big deal. And I really like the ending where visiting the school has obviously stirred up things for Seto. It leaves me wanting more.
dragonlady222 chapter 6 . 7/26/2011
I'm glad they are at the top of their classes. I know Seto is not demonstrative but I'm sure his brothers and Yami understand. The boys must be really proud of themselves.
Yaminisu chapter 6 . 7/24/2011
Is it funny that when Yami told Seto he didn't know what those terms meant, he sounded like Dr. Brennan from Bones.

Sorry for the random comment but that was what a I thought. Anyway, you did an excellent job. Wonder how Seto will actually be once Noa and Mokuba do graduate? Anyway, can't wait for what you have next.
KedakaiOkami chapter 5 . 12/5/2010
Noa had that handled nicely with informing he might be seeing someone but not stating who or what gender.

loved the little between Seto and Yami, it reminded me of Mr and Mrs Smith when the woman wanted to kill the guy's previous partner lol XD
KedakaiOkami chapter 4 . 12/5/2010
ugh - my connection is doing my head in -_- I didn't even press return for last chapter review. I clicked review and my previous one was there, so I did the ctrl and a to select all and delete it, but it went and submitted it. I hate IE stupid ruddy crap service can't even load a ruddy page without F***ing up!

I was GOING to say I loved the reference to the rat thing in Aftershocks coz Noa had referred to Seto as a rat and it had been funny as hell.

anywho, to this chapter - "or maybe it had been the way he'd thrown empty boxes onto the conference table to drive home the point that anyone complaining would be escorted out long before Yami's advice would be disregarded." lol

am a sloucher too lol XD my mom is always telling me to straighten up and hold back my shoulders
KedakaiOkami chapter 3 . 12/5/2010
the part about Jou reminded me of a Doctor Who episode where the Doctor gets a daughter, created in mere moments from a tissue sample of him, and Donna Noble, his current companion (not in a relationship sorta way, the Doctor just needs to have someone with him sometimes to stop him from going too far) named the daughter Jenny to do with her being a genetic lifeform or something, but anyway when the Dotco started to accept Jenny as his daughter he got this look in his eyes and Donna said she'd seen that look plenty of times on her street, he had "dad shock"

of course, the Doctor then pointed out that he'd been a dad before, but had lost all that when he lost his people, but when he looked at Jenny, he could see them.

but yeah, sounds like Jou has dad shock XD
KedakaiOkami chapter 2 . 12/5/2010

but yeah, sounds like Jou has dad shock XD
KedakaiOkami chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
though I understand your building of the other characters, I do prefer reading about Seto and Yami
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »