Reviews for Beyond This World
Amaurea2007 chapter 4 . 2/5/2005
There are a few times when writing these reviews for stories that I am grieved I cannot find words to write worthy enough for the admiration and love of the words I have read. This is one of those times. I read this a long time ago and absolutely loved it. I found a link through a bit of fanart by bri-chan on I just reread it and I thought its high time for some praise. This story is AMAZING. You encompassed the close bonds of the Fellowship that I always imagined were there, but aren't always portrayed. Like I can see Legolas and the hobbits being great friends but those more minor relationships are always overshadowed by the relationships between Merry and Pippin, Frodo and Sam, and of course Legolas and Gimli. Im glad you worked all of that into this story. Also you captured the personalities of each character PERFECTLY. I found myself laughing out loud at the little battles of words that Legolas and Gimli have, and it's so true to their characters. I could go on and on but alas I lack the proper words, as I said. ) This is absolutely amazing, and one of my favorite stories by far. Keep up the fantastic work.
Avalon Estel chapter 3 . 2/4/2005
You are incredible! This story had me sobbing - not crying - sobbing! It was simply beautiful. Tragic beyond belief, and amazingly well-written. I had hoped that Legolas would live, but I suppose it is better for him to rejoin his friends. I think maybe he'll be happier with his friends than to grieve for them forever. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

~Avie~
Rhys chapter 3 . 2/3/2005
It's just so beautiful...I had to read it again... The last chapter is wonderful. The way they tell each other how much they love each other while pretending that they drive each other nuts...it's so perfect. You write them SO well. I'm all teary-eyed again.

"I do not doubt I shall weary of your presence ere we even reach the others."

"And I am already weary of yours, Gimli. And I shall gratefully be weary of it forever."

"So long as I can be weary with you."

"Who am I to speak against fate? Come. Let us be weary together, my friend."

"For all eternity and beyond all worlds, Legolas. I am glad I will be able to share it with you."

"As am I, Gimli, dearest and greatest friend. As am I."

The most beautiful series of lines I have ever read... *sigh*

Legolas's despair and eventual acceptance of death and denial of separation reads so truthfully. And the way Elrond finds Legolas-so well done. And the ending is just perfect...the whole STORY is just perfect. Again. It's just...aw... Now I'm all choked up again...

Beautiful. Truly beautiful. Hannon le.
Rhys chapter 4 . 2/3/2005
You almost made me cry. Seriously, I had tears in my eyes. I haven't cried for ages, but you completely choked me up. This was so...I don't think I have words for it. It was just so amazing. So perfect. Truly, truly wonderful. I hate when Gimli dies, I absolutely hate it-but wow I loved this story. Just-wow. You got it so, so perfect. Legolas's decision was so well laid-out and explained, and the ending-this was just a beautiful story. Every line was amazing, every description beautiful, every emotion enthralling. Thank you.
Piratica chapter 4 . 1/29/2005
This was good. Really, really good. I'm glad I read it. I was wondering if Legolas would live, but when I got to the end of the first chapter, I knew he couldn't, and I would be so mad at you if you wouldn't let him die. I love the fact that you wouldn't tell us the great reunion of friends, because that would be too much, and there would be some things that I know there'd be some controversy about. (long sentence) I like how the last chapter was only in dialogue, and you didn't have to describe the surroundings or anything, leaving that to the reader's imagination. But, I think that last chapter needs some more about the hobbits and what they think. For some reason, I got the idea that it was all about Aragorn. I think you need to talk a little bit more about Frodo specifically. Okay, I'm done. Again, great story, great writing, and it was a pleasure reading it all.
Guest chapter 4 . 1/17/2005
After three years and hundreds of fanfiction stories, there have only been two stories that have ever made me cry. This was one of them. I don't know why it pulled on my emotions, but good job.
AncientHistory chapter 4 . 12/14/2004
Wow. This was so powerful and beautifully written.
Kawaii Elf Girl chapter 3 . 12/12/2004
OMIGOD! *sniffle sniffle* That was so sad and so so so good. Perfect. I dun ssupopsse u could write a squel? Have them wreck havoc in heaven? Sorry, this is just so good I dun want it to end.
liliput83 chapter 4 . 12/2/2004
hi! I know I read this many years after you wrote it, but it was so good. So emotional and touching...and quite interesting to see Legolas emotions portrayed so much.

from what I read in Silmarillion, elves can choose to leave their body and go to the Halls...so it wasn't too stretching it. The scene at the Halls was interesting coz I didn't think all different races go to the same Halls but then it is fiction :p

Good work!
Celebdil-Galad and Tinlaure chapter 3 . 11/16/2004
Wow! This was terrific!
Naila chapter 3 . 9/17/2004
Sniff sniff... sob, beautiful absolutely beautiful. There are not many stories out there like this one which is a shame. I loved the way you wrote the last grave scenes... BAWL!...oh, I can't see...sniff...sniff... Sniff, sorry, I... ran out of tissues(watery smile). Beautifully emotional... siff, I'd better go now, I think the keyboard is about to short circuit because of all these tears... sniff.
arkel83 chapter 3 . 9/10/2004
This was wonderful. I don't think I've cried this much since the first time I saw Return of the King. You did a beautiful job.
WindsSPun chapter 4 . 8/7/2004
I'm too lazy to login, but that is my name on this site. I think it's beautiful, really it is. And I never noticed until it was over- how could such an emotional and realistic glory come from the Thundera Tiger of OFUM fame? Complex never was a problem for her. so, salud.
Pie-12th chapter 4 . 7/13/2004
Very good, very good. I've read far too many tear-jerkers this night. I must move onto happier tales. I could say what I thought, and ask questions, but you've already adressed what I thought, and answered my questions.
Sugar Fanatic chapter 4 . 7/9/2004
I saw a picture for this story on deviant art by Brichan purely by chance while surfing around, it was rather touching and I curiously investigated. I found it to be a beautiful and amazing story and I think you did an absolutely wonderful job and it brought tears to my eyes, Again it is a touching and beautiful story.
541 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »