Reviews for Beyond This World
Quatre-sama chapter 3 . 1/6/2014
Thank you for this beautiful story; it was moving and sincere, and gave me lots of ideas of what I could imagine for Legolas and Gimli. I especially loved the use of Galadriel, Elrond and Gandalf. Very touching. Thank you.
moonagedaydreaming chapter 3 . 12/26/2013
It's awhile since this was written, and I myself haven't reviewed a fanfic in ages. But I could not let this one go without having uttered my adoration for it. This was so beautiful and so painfully heartbreaking and yet sweet, about a matter that has ached in my lotr heart for so long. I believe you managed to give this the perfect and well written closure that I needed to this story and friendship. Thank you. This is by far one of my all time favourite fanfictions.

Also yes, I cried for ages after having read this.
Namei chapter 4 . 12/24/2013
armedwithanotepad chapter 1 . 9/3/2013
This is the first of your stories that I read I have to say, it's time for me to review.
You are, without a doubt, one of the best writers on here.
So I'll start with your first story- which, ironically, is about the end of it all.
This story is as all your others- bittersweet. There are sections in your work where I want to laugh, and others where I'm just overcome by this sense of sadness, this sense of the inevitability of death. I know that I, for one, have always found endings really sad, and this story sums all those feelings up at once. That everyone dies in the end, no matter how great or good they are. That time passes and people are no longer who they once were.
The appendices mention the death of Aragorn, Arwen, Merry, Pippin- pretty much all those who remained in Middle-Earth. And that was sad enough for me. This just takes it to a whole new level. Frodo, Sam- Gimli? I'm an emotional wreck, here.
Legolas' reaction is no less painful. Maybe it's even worse, because you get the feeling that as an elf, he really doesn't understand death from age. It's just incomprehensible to him. That he never really came to terms with the fact that Gimli would not live forever.
Ok, that's enough deep and meaningful reviewing from me. But keep writing! I am literally going through all stories, complete and incomplete, and just relishing every word.
Tezza1502 chapter 4 . 8/31/2013
Hey!

I stumbled across this fic while exploring someone's favourite's list, and thought 'What the Heck? It looks interesting.' LoTR fics have never appealed to me, in all honesty. I personally never really saw the point. I enjoyed both books and movies enough that I never felt that there was any need to change or rewrite canon.

Wow!

I was wrong. This is a beautiful portrayal of the deep friendship between Gimli and Legolas, and to a lesser extent, the rest of the Fellowship, and how it might extend beyond life, through death, and into what comes after.

Kudos for writing such a moving story.

Thank you!

It's wonderful,
Yours
Queen Farli
Guest chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
Woah. Now that was a wonderful end to that chapter – so sad! :( I like the way you write Legolas, it's very refreshing compared to all the Sued "leggys" that I have seen. Keep writing!
Chipmunk94 chapter 3 . 7/11/2013
It's raining on my face. Thanks ever so much.
5SecstoThrowItFB chapter 4 . 7/3/2013
This is a wonderful story, and thank you for being the only author to explain why you had a full-blood elf die. And I respect you for knowing how unimaginably sweet such a reunion would be.
TheShawndaLee chapter 3 . 6/6/2013
This. Was. Beautiful. I cried. Like actually cried. Amazing! Truly. I am at a loss for words. I want to say everything and nothing at the same time. Wow.
ForeverRainingFire chapter 4 . 5/7/2013
Really great story! I really, really enjoyed it! It definitely made me cry. You did a very good job painting pictures and evoking emotions with your words. I was hard pressed not to burst into tears during some scenes, and I only refrained because I think the people sitting around me would have found it a little odd. This story is definitely going on the favorites list!
PopthePuff chapter 3 . 4/22/2013
It's a brilliant story. Well written, emotional, fantastic, But it misses out one important Tolkien-Verse fact, that men (and the apparent sub species of hobbit) do not stay within the circles of the world as elves, dwarves and ents do when they die, but depart it to where only Illuvatar and they may go.
KiaMianara chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
I read this story actually many years ago and, though I can see you got more comments on it already than any other story I read, I must say I fully understand why. It is a heart wrenching story that made me cry even as I read it a second time now and also made me think and I wanted to thank you for sharing it.
ella coeur chapter 4 . 3/20/2013
So many different and powerful raw emotions washed through me. While reading this piece I felt Legolas' anger claw and rise up my chest then suddenly a poignant and tangible sadness overwhelmed me and pooled my eyes with tears. I cannot claim to have felt exactly what and how Legolas felt because I have yet to experience what we all inevitably will someday but I was able to feel a great deal of his sorrow and pain.

This breathtaking piece has given me hope, hope that I will be able to have the strength to endure when my time comes to be in Legolas' position. This work struck a chord in my heart hard and I will never forget the values I've learned from reading this.

Legolas, Gimli, Gandalf, Elrond, and Galadriel were all perfectly portrayed and I felt as If I were reading an extension of Tolkien's epilogue of what became of the remaining members of the fellowship except what set this piece apart was the distinct writing style that was very personal and intimate.

Thank you for posting this beautiful piece and I look forward to reading more of your other works and reviewing them as well.

-ella coeur
EbullientBelle chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
Beautiful story - absolutely beautiful.
541 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »