Reviews for Beyond This World
It's wonderful,
Yours
Queen Farli
Guest chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
Woah. Now that was a wonderful end to that chapter – so sad! :( I like the way you write Legolas, it's very refreshing compared to all the Sued "leggys" that I have seen. Keep writing!
Chipmunk94 chapter 3 . 7/11/2013
It's raining on my face. Thanks ever so much.
5SecstoThrowItFB chapter 4 . 7/3/2013
This is a wonderful story, and thank you for being the only author to explain why you had a full-blood elf die. And I respect you for knowing how unimaginably sweet such a reunion would be.
TheShawndaLee chapter 3 . 6/6/2013
This. Was. Beautiful. I cried. Like actually cried. Amazing! Truly. I am at a loss for words. I want to say everything and nothing at the same time. Wow.
ForeverRainingFire chapter 4 . 5/7/2013
Really great story! I really, really enjoyed it! It definitely made me cry. You did a very good job painting pictures and evoking emotions with your words. I was hard pressed not to burst into tears during some scenes, and I only refrained because I think the people sitting around me would have found it a little odd. This story is definitely going on the favorites list!
Popthepuff chapter 3 . 4/22/2013
It's a brilliant story. Well written, emotional, fantastic, But it misses out one important Tolkien-Verse fact, that men (and the apparent sub species of hobbit) do not stay within the circles of the world as elves, dwarves and ents do when they die, but depart it to where only Illuvatar and they may go.
ella coeur chapter 4 . 3/20/2013
So many different and powerful raw emotions washed through me. While reading this piece I felt Legolas' anger claw and rise up my chest then suddenly a poignant and tangible sadness overwhelmed me and pooled my eyes with tears. I cannot claim to have felt exactly what and how Legolas felt because I have yet to experience what we all inevitably will someday but I was able to feel a great deal of his sorrow and pain.

This breathtaking piece has given me hope, hope that I will be able to have the strength to endure when my time comes to be in Legolas' position. This work struck a chord in my heart hard and I will never forget the values I've learned from reading this.

Legolas, Gimli, Gandalf, Elrond, and Galadriel were all perfectly portrayed and I felt as If I were reading an extension of Tolkien's epilogue of what became of the remaining members of the fellowship except what set this piece apart was the distinct writing style that was very personal and intimate.

Thank you for posting this beautiful piece and I look forward to reading more of your other works and reviewing them as well.

-ella coeur
EbullientBelle chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
Beautiful story - absolutely beautiful.
Petrichora chapter 4 . 2/23/2013
Thank you for the epilogue: I feel significantly less depressed now. The part with Legolas weeping next to Gimli's grave broke my heart. :( /3
anon chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
read this as a break from studying. Now my homework is tear-stained..
Eleneil chapter 4 . 2/20/2013
This is the ONE story that almost made me cry. And for me . . . . I NEVER cry, reading a book, watching a movie, ect. It was . . . . heartbreaking. And amazingly done. I loved the epilogue.
Billie the fourth sage chapter 4 . 1/17/2013
This is painful and wonderful. It was deep and stirring and it gave me tears and happiness both, and inspiration to write, as all great works do. Death in the Undying lands is one of the saddest ideas I could ever consider in this universe, but still, one of the most valuable. Thank you for sharing such an amazing, deeply touching story.
Dedicatedfollower467 chapter 4 . 12/31/2012
I don't know whether to call you a bastard or a beautiful, gorgeous, blessed craftsman. Because this was beautiful, and terrible, and painfully sad. I literally sat here with tears running down my face, all snotty and gross sobbing, until my family started to ask me if I was all right. And honestly? I can't say that I'm all right. And I'm not happy. But there's a part of me that is very, very glad I read this fic. It was extremely well-written, and it told a story I needed to hear. I loved it deeply, even though it made me sob and cry. Thank you for this beautiful, horrible story, damn you! :')
551 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »