Reviews for Beyond This World
Lasaire chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
WONDERFUL! Such pathos we see in poor old Gimli. It's rather a pity that death is so incomprehendable to elves, but all we mortals (at least all faiths I can think of) believe that death takes us to a better place. If only Legolas could understand that...*sigh*
WildStar and Andromeda chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
This is beautifully written. I was crying my eyes out in the end. Tolkien couldn't have done better. Now if you excuse me I must go find a tissue. *Sniff*
Morgaine chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
I cried. This was so beautiful. Tolkien couldn't have done it better.
raz chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
Beautiful. Completely believable, and excellently written. I loved it.
bj chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
*sniffles* That was good, I especially liked all the practical jokes you mentioned! *snifflesniffle*
Seroci chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
*wipes tears from eyes* Your writing matches Tolkien's almost perfectly. Everything was so perfectly detailed and so real, it hurt. Oh, uh, Elf is capitalized. -_- I guess that'd be the only complaint I have for this. It was wonderful and different.
Si-poo chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
I congratulate your skill on writing this for you are the first fanfiction writer to make me cry. I can't give you higher praise than that because it takes something VERY well written, beautiful and awfully sad to make me cry. Well done.
Serendipity Harley Quinn chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
Tisssue warning. *stary eyed* Preetty, sooooo pretty. Wonderful story, even if I am shorting out my keyboard with tears. This was so true to the characters...unbelievable. *sigh* I'm totally lost for words.
Kathy chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
This is such a FANTASTIC fic.! I love how you portrayed their friendship!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
excellent. made me tear up
Coke chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
*Sniff* thats sad. You know, ive always hated LOTR fanfiction. People just can't add to Tolkien's vision, and never in the right way- but I found myself liking this one out of a friend's recommendation. Kudos!
maskew chapter 1 . 12/28/2001
Yay, Legolas angst! I've always wanted to know what happens to Legolas and Gimli after they leave for the West, and now I do. Beautifully pictured emotion - not too overstated and sappy, which I always hate in death stories. A satisfying read.
Yayoi KH chapter 1 . 12/27/2001
It's a daunting task to portray Gimli's last days with some degree of realism, and an even more daunting task to show Legolas' reaction to it. These two are my favorite characters in LotR because of their beautiful friendship, and I've often thought to write about Gimli's death...but your work puts my thoughts to shame!_ I love the way you portray their friendship (in all three of your stories!)-how simple and how true you make it. Legolas' denial is heart-wrenching, Gimli's quiet acceptance equally tragic and moving. You've captured their characters so well that I feel like my breath is stolen._ And as a writer myself (though not nearly as talented) I feel I must pay you what I feel to be the greatest of compliments (for writers, that is): I CRIED SO HARD DURING THIS THING! _ Thank you, thank you for writing something so wonderful! I, and all L & G fans, am forever in your debt.

-YKH :D (BTW, I *cannot* wait for the next chapter-in all three of your fics._)
knightobi chapter 1 . 12/27/2001
You never cease to amaze me! I'm practically crying my eyes out now. Such wonderful and well written angst. You are certainly one of the most talented writer I have ever come across. I sincerely hope you will never stop writing. I await for the next chapters to come for this fic as well as your other two.
Dwimordene chapter 1 . 12/27/2001
In amongst the spate of movie-based fics that are jamming the site, I lost this one! How that might be possible I haven't a clue, because it was absolutely stunningly beautiful! And you're planning to continue this?

A more perfect tribute to the friendship of an elf and a dwarf could scarcely be devised, and I am absolutely overwhelmed by the emotion in this piece. Gorgeous! There's just nothing else to say about it.
529 | « Prev Page 1 .. 25 32 33 34 35 36 Next »