Reviews for Beyond This World
Thecla chapter 4 . 1/9/2012
I cried so much while reading this I had to stop reading. I hate you and love you so much it is bothering me. This story was beautiful and I am so glad I found it. Thank you for your brilliance, I am now going to read anything else of yours I can find.
Guest chapter 4 . 8/11/2011
I cried. Then I sniffled. Then I blew. Good Story.
Melethril chapter 4 . 6/19/2011
Wow... I cried, I smiled and I cried some more. There was a lump in my throat the entire time and I couldn't swallow it.

You have a ... an amazing talent, and that word doesn't sound true. It's not enough. Your writing is incredibly powerful and I am deeply touched and impressed.

So, I guess, all there is left to say is: Thank you for writing this piece.
sirdare chapter 4 . 6/10/2011
I don't know if you'll read this, but I've been lurking for two years now. Recently one of my fanfic-writing friends told me how much she appreciates reviews, so I decided to write a review to tell you how much I love your works! I've read every single one of them, but... this is the only one that actually made me cry. I love 'During a journey in the dark' and 'While the Ring went south' as well!

Honestly, I think your portrayal of the characters is near-perfect. Although I'm an avid fanfiction reader, few other authors come even remotely close. And there's nothing I hate more than an OOC character.

Thank you so much for writing, and I do hope to see more soon! :D
Wanderling chapter 4 . 5/30/2011
this is a beautiful ending. it brought tears to my eyes - thank you so much for writing it! :)
Enna Namo chapter 3 . 4/9/2011
I have always wondered what would happen to Legolas when all his mortal friends have died. Being imortal and knowing that you will have eternity and longer to remember them and all that you lost through death is a horrible thought. Though it isn't suprising to me that Legolas choose to leave the world of the living to join his friends on the other side. At least the gods had mercy and all of them met again.
kspadawan chapter 3 . 4/4/2011
This was so perfect. I cried so much!
VisualExperiments chapter 4 . 11/16/2010
This will be the 5th time I have read this story now, and its impact never dulls in the slightest. In fact, this story is one of the few that, in the middle of reading another work of fiction, I will suddenly recall and find I have to read once again. I would like to sincerely thank you for having written it.
Kenocka chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
I cried throughout much of this chapter. It was very well written - not that you haven't heard that before right? I haven't been fortunate enough to read the majority of the books but I have read The Silmarillion and The Children of Hurin and something of the friendship between Legolas and Gimli was described I think. It's been a while since I read them so my memory of them is a little foggy. You made their friendship that much more real and Gimli's passing was visceral and tear jerking, no doubt about that.

Good job, another phrase I'm sure you've heard.
blindrain chapter 3 . 9/24/2010
Ha! :D The conversations were amusing. :D

And the ending was brilliant.

It was sad... - "It matters not. The knowledge of its existence is enough for me..." - and that went DEEP.

But sad stories are often the best ones. :)

You write really well.

Thank you.
The Lauderdale chapter 4 . 7/11/2010
Read this and sobbed my fool head off. I suppose I could dredge up some suggestions, but honestly, this was written over seven years ago and I just don't want to. I will say that I really appreciated the epilogue.
1wngdngl chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
Beautifully written, and heartfelt. His pain becomes your own. I'll admit I got a bit misty-eyed ;_;
skepsis66 chapter 4 . 4/22/2010
Short as this may be, the sheer depth of feeling really carries through to me through the beauty and lyricism of your writing. I could not stop crying (in a good way ;D)! The friendship between Gimli and Legolas is truly an amazing sight to behold. You've done it great justice through this gorgeous, gorgeous piece. I love it!
Blackbird4 chapter 4 . 4/18/2010
This story is perfection. Just thought you should know.

And of course, it made me cry.
abunnymom chapter 3 . 4/18/2010
This was an incredible story of friendship and love! You really captured the spirit and tone of Legolas and Gimli, as well as the other characters. The fact that of the Fellowship, two are immortal, does raise the question about how they deal with grief and loss. Gandalf has lived so much longer, and as a bearer of a ring of power, clearly found a way to cope as he spent so much time with mortals. So the issue would be far greater for Legolas, a very young one among immortals. In many ways, his mortal friends had wisdom beyond his because of their limited lifespan. And your story really did an amazing job of showing what he felt, how he managed, and in the end how he found joy again. Thanks for sharing!
542 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »