Reviews for Playing the Game
Team Miriku chapter 50 . 7/30
Did I ever review this last chapter? I'm not sure. At any rate, I just wanted to say that for all its flaws (and by flaws I mean, things you may or may not choose to alter if you were to go back in time and re-write it from scratch), this is still one of my favorite stories.

And I've read a lot of stories.
Tuesady chapter 50 . 7/19
This was amazing. Perhaps one of the more logical progression of Kakasaku being together, with their character studies. Especially of Kakashi's- you did a fantastic job. He is a difficult character that even Kishimoto struggled with. I got lost in some chapters, and I'm lukewarm about the ending, but this was definitely an epic collaboration of great fanfic authors! Weaving the romance in the political intricacies provided a healthy balance into the nerdy minds of Kakasaku, as teased by their friends. Congratulations on crafting an underrated masterpiece I only wish I could have, in terms of partnership,in my own real life!
MidnightRazorHeart chapter 50 . 7/18
I love this story so damn much. You do such a fantastic job at making things realistic. You also explain the PTSD episodes so well. You either did a lot of research, went through it, or knew someone who did. Very good story. Made me feel stronger as I walked with Sakura on this hard journey. Thank you.
Infernalbooks chapter 50 . 7/4
I don't think I will ever forget this fanfic, if was just too good!
Minimama chapter 37 . 6/22
When Sakura was talking to her uterus I thought must've sniffed something. Then I read the rest of the chapter and the talking uterus didn't seem so bad anymore lmao.
jedimasterjosephine chapter 50 . 6/19
A great fic thank you so much for sharing it!
jedimasterjosephine chapter 5 . 6/8
I could really feel Sakura sorrow in this, i look forward to reading the rest!
TheRoseandtheDagger chapter 50 . 2/8
I had forgotten how amazing and in-depth this story was ! the characters and situations and the human faults. Looking forward to your next update!
ConsortYana chapter 50 . 1/30
You gave me one hell of a ride! The rollercoaster of emotions made me cry, laugh, slap an imaginary Sakura and kick Kakashi. I even threw my phone! You are a great writer I swear! I hope you can continue writing more KakaSaku fics. I love how write their chatacters...it's an eye opener for me as well. Again, thank you for sharing your talent.
kirowan chapter 25 . 1/14
*continue* makes readers like me irritated because of his distance, stubborn, evasive, aloof behaviours. Okay, next chapter!
kirowan chapter 25 . 1/14
I just want to say this is the most in-character Kakashi that I've read. Even though some other fanfics are very good and they potrayed him well but they still have to tweak his personality a bit to make the plot works. But this is Kakashi straight out from canon, he made me felt irritated (I didn't even know all the hypes about him since my favorite character was Naruto and Kakashi was playing favoritism on Sasuke) and if there's any romance involved Kakashi, it must be a SUPER slow burn and makes reader like me
amr56 chapter 50 . 11/22/2016
I really like this story. It's darker than I was expecting, and I'm totally enthralled. I like the way you write all the characters and the relationships are so complex. I love how devoted Sakura's friends are. Everything that happened with Ino was heartbreaking and touching. Sai is really interesting too, and I love the dynamic between Sakura and Naruto. I really like Sakura herself, and I think you captured her insecurities well. She and Kakashi were both frustrating at times, but I'm glad they've gotten their act together. I'm looking forward to the final chapter of this. I'm really curious about what happens with Danzo, and with Sasuke when everything is over. Thanks for sharing!
Moonstone Muse chapter 50 . 10/11/2016
I've been glued to this bloody story for four days, just so you know! One emotional rollercoaster after another and I couldn't tear myself away. (I'm hoping that having finished all the chapters available that it'll cure my insomnia!) Just...damn... I have some major admiration and respect for you right now. Almost 500K words! SIX years! Wow...seriously, wow...I couldn't do that...this is why I read fan fiction, because I have a knack for finding writers here that put some of my favorite published authors to shame... I'm still absorbing, but I'm hoping I learned a thing or two from reading this. Hell, even your fighting/action scenes weren't boring; I usually speed read those parts, but not here. And so emotional! This was INTENSE as a reader, I can't imagine how intense it was as the writer. And to think I almost didn't read this because of the summary, it had me hedging sideways because it was so vague in an off putting way instead of a fun mysterious way, but I'm so glad I gave it a chance. I look forward to the next chapter and I plan on going to read anything else you have, especially your co-written story I've been reading about in the author notes! Thank you so much for sharing this with the world!
littlehoneybear chapter 50 . 9/5/2016
Wow! I was so impressed with this story! I've been scouring the kakasaku fandom for good stories for a while and it felt like I'd read all of them already. I was starting to lose hope. Buuuuut, I stumbled on your story and I was really impressed! I really really reeeeaaaally enjoyed this. I loved that there was actual plot, that there was an element of realism to their characters, and that the shinobi world was depicted for what it really is: dark and full of issues. I liked the darkness in each character and how multifaceted Sakura was. Thank you so much for this! Hope to see the next chapter soon!
cszimm chapter 50 . 9/3/2016
I was THRILLED when I got the notification in my inbox a month ago that you had updated! It just took me this long to get to a point where I could devote the time to reading this again from the start since I didn't remember the complexities you had woven together. And it was so worth the wait! The whole time I bracer myself for a distinct lack of traditional romance, and it turns out you were mostly just saving it for the end of the fic. :)

This is truly a masterpiece. The way you weave together so many plotlines and give significance to even the smallest details is testament to your talent as writer. When trying to explain this story to a friend I didn't quite know where to start because there are so many wonderful details and things to talk about! Your characterization is untraditional but a welcome change from the norm-and I enjoyed it thoroughly. It is, as you said in the beginning, a story that does not shy away from the nitty-gritty and the dark aspects of the ninja world. I particularly enjoyed the care you put into the climate in Konoha: the instability, the poverty, the way the invasion affected the village on a large scale as well as on a small scale, such as with Riko and Sakura struggling to make ends meet. You left no stone unturned, and anyone who has the fortitude-because this story is DENSE-to stick with it long enough to get sucked in will appreciate your thoroughness.

Thank you, thank you for penning such a dramatic, heartwrenching (in the best way), and realistic story, and especially for sharing it with us. I can't wait for the last chapter!