Reviews for Playing the Game
TheRoseandtheDagger chapter 50 . 2/8
I had forgotten how amazing and in-depth this story was ! the characters and situations and the human faults. Looking forward to your next update!
ConsortYana chapter 50 . 1/30
You gave me one hell of a ride! The rollercoaster of emotions made me cry, laugh, slap an imaginary Sakura and kick Kakashi. I even threw my phone! You are a great writer I swear! I hope you can continue writing more KakaSaku fics. I love how write their chatacters...it's an eye opener for me as well. Again, thank you for sharing your talent.
kirowan chapter 25 . 1/14
*continue* makes readers like me irritated because of his distance, stubborn, evasive, aloof behaviours. Okay, next chapter!
kirowan chapter 25 . 1/14
I just want to say this is the most in-character Kakashi that I've read. Even though some other fanfics are very good and they potrayed him well but they still have to tweak his personality a bit to make the plot works. But this is Kakashi straight out from canon, he made me felt irritated (I didn't even know all the hypes about him since my favorite character was Naruto and Kakashi was playing favoritism on Sasuke) and if there's any romance involved Kakashi, it must be a SUPER slow burn and makes reader like me
amr56 chapter 50 . 11/22/2016
I really like this story. It's darker than I was expecting, and I'm totally enthralled. I like the way you write all the characters and the relationships are so complex. I love how devoted Sakura's friends are. Everything that happened with Ino was heartbreaking and touching. Sai is really interesting too, and I love the dynamic between Sakura and Naruto. I really like Sakura herself, and I think you captured her insecurities well. She and Kakashi were both frustrating at times, but I'm glad they've gotten their act together. I'm looking forward to the final chapter of this. I'm really curious about what happens with Danzo, and with Sasuke when everything is over. Thanks for sharing!
Moonstone Muse chapter 50 . 10/11/2016
I've been glued to this bloody story for four days, just so you know! One emotional rollercoaster after another and I couldn't tear myself away. (I'm hoping that having finished all the chapters available that it'll cure my insomnia!) Just...damn... I have some major admiration and respect for you right now. Almost 500K words! SIX years! Wow...seriously, wow...I couldn't do that...this is why I read fan fiction, because I have a knack for finding writers here that put some of my favorite published authors to shame... I'm still absorbing, but I'm hoping I learned a thing or two from reading this. Hell, even your fighting/action scenes weren't boring; I usually speed read those parts, but not here. And so emotional! This was INTENSE as a reader, I can't imagine how intense it was as the writer. And to think I almost didn't read this because of the summary, it had me hedging sideways because it was so vague in an off putting way instead of a fun mysterious way, but I'm so glad I gave it a chance. I look forward to the next chapter and I plan on going to read anything else you have, especially your co-written story I've been reading about in the author notes! Thank you so much for sharing this with the world!
littlehoneybear chapter 50 . 9/5/2016
Wow! I was so impressed with this story! I've been scouring the kakasaku fandom for good stories for a while and it felt like I'd read all of them already. I was starting to lose hope. Buuuuut, I stumbled on your story and I was really impressed! I really really reeeeaaaally enjoyed this. I loved that there was actual plot, that there was an element of realism to their characters, and that the shinobi world was depicted for what it really is: dark and full of issues. I liked the darkness in each character and how multifaceted Sakura was. Thank you so much for this! Hope to see the next chapter soon!
cszimm chapter 50 . 9/3/2016
I was THRILLED when I got the notification in my inbox a month ago that you had updated! It just took me this long to get to a point where I could devote the time to reading this again from the start since I didn't remember the complexities you had woven together. And it was so worth the wait! The whole time I bracer myself for a distinct lack of traditional romance, and it turns out you were mostly just saving it for the end of the fic. :)

This is truly a masterpiece. The way you weave together so many plotlines and give significance to even the smallest details is testament to your talent as writer. When trying to explain this story to a friend I didn't quite know where to start because there are so many wonderful details and things to talk about! Your characterization is untraditional but a welcome change from the norm-and I enjoyed it thoroughly. It is, as you said in the beginning, a story that does not shy away from the nitty-gritty and the dark aspects of the ninja world. I particularly enjoyed the care you put into the climate in Konoha: the instability, the poverty, the way the invasion affected the village on a large scale as well as on a small scale, such as with Riko and Sakura struggling to make ends meet. You left no stone unturned, and anyone who has the fortitude-because this story is DENSE-to stick with it long enough to get sucked in will appreciate your thoroughness.

Thank you, thank you for penning such a dramatic, heartwrenching (in the best way), and realistic story, and especially for sharing it with us. I can't wait for the last chapter!
Nikki1212 chapter 49 . 8/15/2016
I really love this fic, I really do. I honestly can't understand why it doesn't have a larger following!

I'll admit, I was a bit annoyed with how bitchy Sakura was and how her emotions were so unsteady at first. But then again, Sakura isn't the steadiest of people in this portrayal, right?

And it was a little difficult for me, even as an avid KakaSaku shipper, to get over the fact that they were sexual when she was 17 and he 32. But I understand the necessity for sake of plot.

I've come to appreciate all that you've given us! You're so intelligent and you can see that in your writing. I'm a little sad that it's almost over, but at 430k words and counting, it's fitting.

My favorite part of this whole chapter was Ibiki saying, "I just want you to know that choices still remain to you. You can marry a man but you don't have to be owned by him. I've seen too many kunoichi go that way, left bitter and unfulfilled. For you to be one of them..."

The irony was not lost on me, and I hope other people caught it, too.

I also hope that Sakura gets her seal!

Thank you so much for this fic, and you'll definitely be seeing me in reviews for your other fics!
FashionFable chapter 46 . 8/5/2016
Yes much better. Her mom is going to be either a) so pissed from all the noise or b) so hapoy cus she likes him
FashionFable chapter 45 . 8/5/2016
Omg torches pitchforks and tomatoes! Not a romance... Liar!
FashionFable chapter 44 . 8/5/2016
*commences the tomato throwing*
FashionFable chapter 37 . 8/5/2016
That was awesome and intense. Trigger warnings should be posted though. :) (About time he wrote something fucked up). Meh. Being gender fluid and a female and dealing with the kinda male vs female and menstral cycles suck thing, I must say you really captured that struggle with .
tanithlipsky chapter 50 . 8/3/2016
very goof
FashionFable chapter 27 . 8/3/2016
Ahhh I love this story. Intensity, passion, drama, plot twists! I'm glad its less morbid than UTME that one was a little much but I enjoyed it.