Reviews for Ghostbusters: The Return
kelseyphantomgirl chapter 11 . 2/17/2013
Please update!
Gune chapter 10 . 7/15/2011
This story is friggin awesome. I love the way you handle the characters. With a few exceptions, in my opinion, I think you captured the personalities of the Ghostbusters perfectly.

Everything the four originals say feels like something they would actually say in the situations they have been put in except for a few things that feel forced. Like Peter saying "come on big boy" again is kind of an obvious nod to Ghostbusters 2 that feels forced as opposed to the more subtle nod you made to Ghostbusters 1 when Benjemina gets slimed. However, the story doesn't suffer from this because there are way too many genuinely hilarious moments that fit each original ghostbuster. Like when when Raynelle is calling out to Ray trying to get him to come to the phone and Ray just keeps saying "what! I loled when I read that not only because it was friggin hilarious but because I could see the actual movie character, Ray Stanz, doing that. Also I think you hit the nail on the head at how the entire Ghostbuster family won't let Ray live down the fact that it's his fault New York met Mr Stay Puft.

The only thing that irked me about the story is that you seem to not have followed the continuity established by the Xbox 360 Ghostbusters videogame. Yeah I know it wasn't a movie but it might as well have been one. All of the original cast returned except for Dana and Louis (they even got Walter Peck's actor!) and the story was written by Dan And Harold so in my opinion it is canon. I can understand why you wouldn't want to use it though, because Peter and Dana had broken up again. But considering how many years had gone by in your story I don't think it would have been too much of a blow to your plot to incorporate a nod to the story of the game. Peter and Dana could have gotten together for a third and final time. Actually that would have been a funny way to have Peter use the most overused joke of all time, "third times the charm", and have it still be funny and it is something his character would actually say in a situation like that where he had to explain his relationship with Dana. But oh well, your story is still spectacular and I can't wait for more.
LightBlueRoses chapter 10 . 3/29/2011
Awesome! Keep it up!
BlackxValentine chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
This is a great story, I only have one question... Who are the kids mothers?

If Egon married to Janine, is Peter married to Dana?

Who are the mothers?
polaris chapter 8 . 9/30/2010
You got the name of the cars wrong. its not the ectomoblie. its just called The Ecto-1. and if your talking about the second Ecto-1 then its called The Ecto-1B. not Ecto-2. But other then that its really good
LizzySkellington chapter 9 . 2/6/2010
I really like this story. There are a lot of funny moments, like when they all got drunk.
kilnorc chapter 9 . 2/1/2010
haha, great chapter! didn't think to see so many "spuds" all in one place! FLASHBACK!

Getting slimed, Raynelle getting dragged away by her ear...I swear, if one of them gets possessed by a spirit in a portrait, I will frickin' LOSE IT! XD
scooby-doo's girl chapter 8 . 8/24/2009
Wait... Louis and Janine? I'm scared, scared, scared, scared. AH! NO! then who's Benjamina's mother!
kilnorc chapter 8 . 8/17/2009
ah, the memories of the first movie comes flooding back to me -nods, smiles- i sense a VERY funny job heading this way!
Callsign Godfather chapter 7 . 8/6/2009
Wow, even after twenty years the Ghostbusters are still huge badasses. I give you a lot of credit for pulling this story off as flawlessly as you did, and wait with bated breath for your next chapter.

CG
kilnorc chapter 7 . 8/2/2009
WOOHOO! ITS OFFICIAL!
Elburn chapter 7 . 8/1/2009
*cheers loudly!*

I been waiting for this! Thankyouthankyouthankyou! _

I love your chapter ending, btw. The ads always make me smile, and it's a great touch to see the daughters alongside their daddies in the ad. _

Can't wait for the next part! :D
kilnorc chapter 6 . 7/21/2009
ROFL

plenty of action and good dose of comedy! especially loved the bit at the end
kilnorc chapter 5 . 7/17/2009
another awesome chapter. i really like what you did with the ectoplasm in the blood stream and it's effects. how much of the effects of possession (like amensia) is true, or is EVERYTHING just something you came up with, because either way? GOOD JOB! -thumbs up-

I'm kinda surprised they didn't factor in the point that Dana was possessed by Zuul...wait, I forget, is Dana her MOM? I kinda have a bad memory, but if she IS, maybe something crossed over or SOMETHING, but then again, that'd happen to Oscar as well... -scratches head- GAH too many possibilities!

ANYWAY! Awesome chapter!
kilnorc chapter 4 . 7/11/2009
lol, interesting business plan, girls, but i sense BAD parental mojo if you did THAT. still, great chapter and good to see more stuff kicking off.

I like how you thought about the traps' life when they hold ghosts, I thought that was really original (if that was in the TV series, I haven't seen them all, so excuse any ignorance, lol)