Reviews for Beginning of a New Life
BillBrink chapter 21 . 7/18
Thank you for such an enjoyable story (which I liked enough to read it twice). I hope you continue to write and develop your talent.
scimas chapter 1 . 6/21
So this Harry has had everything handed to him by goblins and yet we don't know when it happened. In two paragraphs you had the goblins saying that it would take a lot of time to come up with a list of items and in the next you said they would give the list to Harry the next evening. At least try be consistent with your own story. Then you have him using some bracelet to look different and then say that he is a metamorphmagus..? Somehow he is also a 'rune scholar' despite spending the last school year at Hogwarts. This just feels like a Harry with super everything without any efforts on his part story.
There isn't anything wrong with Harry with super everything stories, but there has to be some explanation for how it all happened. It can't be just a first chapter incoherent information dump.
Pygmy Hippo chapter 21 . 6/18
Amazing story!
ramunes chapter 21 . 6/10
i enjoyed this story
MSU19 chapter 21 . 6/2
This story was ok. It definitely could use some improvement in areas, example: flow (the story really becomes jumbled and contradictory in spots), fact checking/research (I understand that this is fanfic and therefor certain liberties are allowed, but cettain things could have been a little mote factual), I also found the logic behind using the time turner a little strange.
Prasanna chapter 6 . 5/24
In Chapter 1 Harry had learned enough occulmency that he could throw off the effects of veritaserum and can shield his mind from Dumbledore and in this chapter he has partial shields which will work partially but won't stop snape, Dumbledore, Voldemort. The storyline is nice but the story has many inconsistencies. Like in start Ron was worried about Harry and then suddenly he isn't and is jealous and angry at him. So is Dumbledore. Daphne is goblin friend so she should know about the goblin time turners and how they return back if someone else takes it but still take it. I personally don't think goblin time turner is disgusting as all it takes is amount of time Harry has used. I think even with use of goblin time turners Harry could still live for many years as witches and wizards live very long life. ExampleRon's Aunt Murey and Griselda Marchbanks the head of department of education who is Dumbledore's OWL examinator.
Prasanna chapter 21 . 5/24
In Chapter 5 who is the spy mentioned? She is not named in the story and is mentioned twice or trice in whole story.
tammgrogan chapter 21 . 5/10
Wonderful story, Thank You so much for sharing this with us. Take care, and have a Great day.
Tammgrogan
neydomus chapter 21 . 5/4
so what, harry was 143(time turners)10 meaning 27 and three quarters of a century, meaning 75, he died at the measly age of 102!? and daphne at 99!? thats really low for such powerful magic-users. fleur a few years later... dont veela live longer than average wizard?! also what about fleur's sister, gabriele. wasnt she supposed to become potters cocumbine like fleur? now that i think about it he was supposed to meet fleurs parents about that but it never happend...
also epilogue does not mention daphne becoming the magic minister even though it was her dream. booo!
very unsatisfying ending, but then again 95% of stories have unsatisfying endings.
overall, seeing as how i actually read it to the end and enjoyed it immensely, i can only say... GOOD JOB,
AND THANKS
fantasyinmymind chapter 21 . 4/16
What an interesting perspective! Enjoyed the story.
Talonwalker chapter 21 . 4/12
Great story, thanks!
Romily chapter 4 . 4/7
I dont get the using life force of the time turner. So for every hour he spends in the past or that alternate dimension he dies earlier... isnt that the same like the one hermione used in poa? She ages using it, since she is older, she dies earlier, but still lived her whole life... when harry dies earlier using his life force to turn time isnt that the same as aging since he lived the time he loses in the end?
atlantis51 chapter 1 . 3/30
As much as I dislike the Dursley's, I am sad to see them die such a fiery death.
william488 chapter 21 . 3/21
great story.
stargatesg1fan1 chapter 21 . 3/14
This was a very entertaining read. I enjoyed the inclusion of Fleur in the Harry/Daphne pairing. I would have enjoyed Hermione in there too. But if she couldn't be with Harry I'm glad it was with Neville. You told a tale that was creative and engaging. I read the story in two days. Thank you for taking the time to write this and share it.